What's new

STREAM CONCLUDED: KombatKast Featuring Kitana vs Reptile

How could u not go with this beautiful slightly thicker more well proportioned version NRS?? really was feeling the Asian look on this too, it was downright perfect, great at showing off her tone and everything, not the baggy diaper, prosthetic leg main costume that u guys decided to go with smh....Kitana got that booty do...I pray y'all give her thicker legs and more ass before April lol...

Would you shut up about how dumb 50/50's are? Most fighters have them. Get over it.
The more a game revolves around true 50/50s ( which is not the same as mixups, these are u reacts Le situations which force guessing)mainly pure guessing the less depth there is esp if there is improper risk reward I.e batgirl. If a lot of the game revolves around simple guessing then that guessing serves as a bottleneck to rewarding true skill and thoughtful play. I don't enjoy scrub friendly mechanics in games, I like games that reward thought. It's a valid complaint from blakfelow but we don't know if they even know what they are saying on stream, or what the situations will be. I know I'll be abusing and looking into mb grabs asap, esp. As a noxious reptile. Tbh I thought Cyrus's command grab should have allowed for free pressure...

Other thoughts

Kitanas storm variation looks so much stronger than her other ones. I will put money into people using primarily that, she has an over abundance of counter zoning ability and who knows about her zoning and if she'll be able instant air, and the assassin could be situation/mu specific, if she really needs to get in. Glaive depends on her normals a lot.

Don't sleep on invis we don't know the setups or properties, or how it might make his mixups op. He might have stupid damage potential in flash mode but noxious could be annoying, esp if that ex version has great chip damage, the characters space control tools allow him to trap you anyways. Reptiles tools really look good... I noticed his ball animation no longer ducks and that could make him easier to zone. Thank god his down 4 looks worst, he mightvstruggle more in foodies but his dash on block looked stupid again. It should be a relatively easy punish

But people like @dribirut should be excited because the character has an exceptional amount of tools. His normals will be make or break, but I think inj blocking will help players adjust faster to blocking. I myself will take a good look at the bastard

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
The more a game revolves around true 50/50s ( which is not the same as mixups, these are u reacts Le situations which force guessing)mainly pure guessing the less depth there is esp if there is improper risk reward I.e batgirl. If a lot of the game revolves around simple guessing then that guessing serves as a bottleneck to rewarding true skill and thoughtful play. I don't enjoy scrub friendly mechanics in games, I like games that reward thought. It's a valid complaint from blakfelow but we don't know if they even know what they are saying on stream, or what the situations will be. I know I'll be abusing and looking into mb grabs asap, esp. As a noxious reptile. Tbh I thought Cyrus's command grab should have allowed for free pressure...

Other thoughts

Kitanas storm variation looks so much stronger than her other ones. I will put money into people using primarily that, she has an over abundance of counter zoning ability and who knows about her zoning and if she'll be able instant air, and the assassin could be situation/mu specific, if she really needs to get in. Glaive depends on her normals a lot.

Don't sleep on invis we don't know the setups or properties, or how it might make his mixups op. He might have stupid damage potential in flash mode but noxious could be annoying, esp if that ex version has great chip damage, the characters space control tools allow him to trap you anyways. Reptiles tools really look good... I noticed his ball animation no longer ducks and that could make him easier to zone. Thank god his down 4 looks worst, he mightvstruggle more in foodies but his dash on block looked stupid again. It should be a relatively easy punish

But people like @dribirut should be excited because the character has an exceptional amount of tools. His normals will be make or break, but I think inj blocking will help players adjust faster to blocking. I myself will take a good look at the bastard
yea i also noticed his hitbox doesnt lower when doing fbs anymore.. hopefull instant airs wont be taht much of an issue. Also, you cant main him.. i forbid it

having 50/50 options is not the problem. safe 50/50 that both low and overhead lead to 40% combos is. Its scrubby.. im looking at you: aquaman, mmh, batgirl, flash, sinestro vortex, gl, killer frost.. pretty much injustice in a nutshell
Aqua and mmh aren't 5050s they aren't as bad, esp offline blocking. But yes

Well ex throws are plus but also requires a bar of meter that is 1/3 unlike Inj where you had 1/4. Not all chars will have low and highs that lead to full combos, not all of them will be safe on block and youll have to sacrifice damage to get that set up. Instead of doing full como and full ender you cut it short.

We also gotta remember that running requires meter, you can break anytime with 2/3 bars of meter unlike inj. ALSO REMEMBER THAT ONLY EX ATTACKS HAVE INVINCIBILITY ON WAKE UPS!..etc etc.
Theres more uses for meter now, dont think you would wanna spend meter as much as we did with Inj.
Teching throws with block button is tricky, just the free pressure could be devastating for chars with good normals, which also depends on chip. I know wish will be able to vortex with trance, if he has had valid mixups and combined with mb throw it could be a nice supplement to his already good looking projectile capsbilities

might as well be.. noone blocks them even offline
I can block mmh and Aqua and gl pretty free please don't argue I've done it A1000 times, all I need is a good connection and Aqua won't open me up. Only mmhs low grab and instant air can't be blocked...

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Does anyone know what they were talking about when they were showing us the new stage and said "There is something floating back there.. " At about 43:58 in the embedded video?? I looked at the video clip extensively and didn't see shit. Could be that I'm missing what they were talking about, or I guess it could be a big story element. Any ideas?

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I can block mmh and Aqua and gl pretty free please don't argue I've done it A1000 times, all I need is a good connection and Aqua won't open me up. Only mmhs low grab and instant air can't be blocked...
We both know thats not true. Ive seen you been hit by that countless times

We both know thats not true. Ive seen you been hit by that countless times
Dude I hate you so much, you really are a complete fucking idiot.... In good connection its easy esp. Aquaman... I really really hate you... Like you are stupid as shit I've blocked his garbage on reaction a zillion times.. We have a garbage ass connection and you judge it off that

haketh

Noob
If their was no skill to IGAU mixup or anything we'd be seeing so many other Batgirls or whatever other character players succeeding in IGAU & so many games. I want you "Blagh 50/50" people to realize how nonsencical this shit is when you think about it for more than five seconds.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Dude I hate you so much, you really are a complete fucking idiot.... In good connection its easy esp. Aquaman... I really really hate you... Like you are stupid as shit I've blocked his garbage on reaction a zillion times.. We have a garbage ass connection and you judge it off that
No I've seen you play offline and get hit by shit like that all the time

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
If their was no skill to IGAU mixup or anything we'd be seeing so many other Batgirls or whatever other character players succeeding in IGAU & so many games. I want you "Blagh 50/50" people to realize how nonsencical this shit is when you think about it for more than five seconds.
It's not a coincidence the best characters in the game have the most absurd 50/50 scenarios.. Mmh anytime he knocks you down, batgirl vortex, flash f2vsd12, zod anytime he calls trait,

haketh

Noob
It's not a coincidence the best characters in the game have the most absurd 50/50 scenarios.. Mmh anytime he knocks you down, batgirl vortex, flash f2vsd12, zod anytime he calls trait,
So does the top tier in pretty much any game. Have you seen Zato-1/Eddie, C-Akiha, all of STs Top Tier, Zero, Magneto, Akuma, & I can go on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on. Fuck MMH, Zod, & Batgirl Oki isn't even that absurd in the grand scheme things their just pretty damn safe *Which is finally starting to be exposed thank you Sonic Foxx*.

No I've seen you play offline and get hit by shit like that all the time
Back when the game was new and I was awful???? There is a huge difference between getting hit on occasion due to the element of surprise and something being impossible to react to thus being a guess. Aqua mans back 2 is easily reacted when looked out for, I have very few offline,matches regardless.. But I can tell you when I play an aqua with a good connections the only thing that hits me is the occasional f1 low scoop....band after playing @cpt xecution about 1000 games he stopped doing f3s almost entirely because I could block him consistently. He could have maybe delayed and done a b1 but if disciplined its success rate isn't consistent. I hate these arguments with you it's annoying as shit... And everytime I proved you wrong and you never ever learn these things... Just like I couldn't do instant airs and no one would... It really makes me sad you haven't grown as a player or learned anything...it's hopeless..

I think you could be surprised what a person can or can't do with adequate practice in anything in life.... It's extremely frustrating and you have no will or foresight as a player. People like kuroda who played 3rd strike forever have humiliatingly good reactions. Reactions are about practice and focus and training yourself until it's a habit. It doesn't happen overnight. Have you ever sat down and tried to learn for hours to react to killer frost or batgirl... No one does so we don't know what's possible, batgirl might not be...Given a long set vs a character you become better at blocking..If you put the same effort into setups as other thingsand a bit of faith in human capability maybe you'd see things differentlly... But no you are like a deaf version of ps plus dog....

I wonder how good a person could be if they truly truly dedicated themselves. Pig seems to have taken a step in right direction... But thanks arty I'm going to be obnoxiously motivated this time around, maybe you can be my training buddy if you want to corroborate and look ahead and not directly in front of your itty bitty nose...

I don't wanna argue this anymore I have a thousand times, we aren't saying winning inj tournaments takes no skill, we are saying if the game was less bsey then it would take more skill. You don't need to learn to truly mixup your game brilliantly if the game rewards you heavily for the simplest mixups. It takes away from more special plays. Sf has bull, and a lot of situations, are about grab vs counter hit setups, but sf is so much more spacing oriented and about playing the opponent to a tee... Because the game has less and/or more balanced variables, and because people have been playing it for ages, it is more about reaction and skill