What's new

Tech "Straight from the Notes of Siiren: Cat Dash Surprise"

|| Syrnia

Siiren's Servant;Burns The Midnight Oil
So once again I find myself enthralled by all the tech that you Catwoman players are putting out such as @Under_The_Mayo's " The Science of Catwoman" and @Ninj's video tutorials and a few others. This time I've decided to share something that no one, other than my friends, have seen, straight from my notebook. But first, a little background of how I found out about this.

Before I started unfolding Catwoman's secrets such as the Double F3's, I had one piece of tech that came about randomly. Now before you say anything, I was not playing Catwoman when I found this out. I was testing out Killer Frost and how to punish her slide when she wakes up. Anyways, this piece of tech caught my interest in many ways as it made me question, "What just happened?". After coming to my senses and hard fought testing I finally achieved what I "thought" to be the greatest tech with Catwoman.

I'll give you the rundown of what happened during practice:
1. I had selected Killer Frost and decided to punish slide/wakeup slide.
2. Had the computer set to Catwoman and do a specific setup.
3. I did not do a wakeup slide and just stood up and held back.
4. Catwoman surprises me.
5. Head back to the lab with Catwoman to begin testing on the new tech.

Reading this far you must be thinking, "What is he talking about? What type of setup and why did he just block?", etc. Well the answer to that is simply Catwoman has crossup Cat Dash!!

Yes it's true. The setup used by the computer that I had record was a DF1 (Low whip) untechable knockdown, and a Cat Dash. Simple as that. After much hours of testing and figuring out the timing of the Cat Dash and when the opponent is standing up I had finally found the answer I was looking for. A crossup Dash which can catch people of guard and make them question whether they were blocking or not.

Now I know you wanna test this out but before that a word of advice and some tips to fake them out.
1. Use at your own risk. This tech works better at the end of rounds, when opponent is mentally broken, never seen it before or after he has seen most of your mixups.
2. It is very hard to get used to the timing of when it crosses up and when it just hits in the front/whiff. Pay attention to the characters feet and legs when going to go for the crossup.
3. There are a couple of ways that you can make this work even without hitting at the perfect spot such as: DF1 xx Cat Dash (whiff) xx Immediately MB once at the other side and the opponent must immediately hold the other direction to block. Sometimes its used as a Double Crossup but that's just me lol
4. It does get beat by wakeups with horizontal movement such as GA's slide or Killer Frost's slide so keep them in mind.
5. Have fun finding out more setups that you can incorporate this into if you choose to.

That's all for now involving this tech. I still have more tech hidden away but maybe I'll post it in the near future, who knows? :p

|| Syrnia

Just put the computer to Duck and Block and he still stands up to block it but remember it's a crossup so you have to switch your blocking from left/right or right/left almost instantly.

Just put the computer to Duck and Block and he still stands up to block it but remember it's a crossup so you have to switch your blocking from left/right or right/left almost instantly.
I think that automatically happens when you are down blocking since down blocking automatically blocks all non overhead cross-ups.

|| Syrnia

Very well I would say so. But then a mixup comes into play since if he's waiting for it and blocks low you can go for an overhead or a grab. My tech most of the time has multiple uses such as this one, but yes blocking low will stop the crossup not to mention that it's punishable on block. During the word of advice I outline the times when it's most effective to use against opponents but it's just another option you have. Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it :p

Animalmilk

Kitten
Here is a video briefly demonstrating this from a player named Dekap. If this video is already floating around here, my apologies.

Reborn

Noob
Yeah I have seen Krazie use at WNF. It looks dirty and correct me if I am wrong but can't you just hold down to block and avoid mixup?

|| Syrnia

Sorry I haven't been on in a while but the crossup that I talked about was not the one shown in the video, though it is useful. There is a specific timing after the opponent is knocked down that you can do the cat dash and it hits on the other side.

|| Syrnia

Almost but no. The one I'm discussing here is a Cat Dash that hits as a crossup. Basically you do the cat dash and it hits on the other side. The Cat Dash does not whiff and allow for a mixup but you can if you want to. Go to training mode and put the dummy on auto block and with Catwoman use DF1 (whip) and as the computer is getting up do the Cat Dash. If done correctly, the computer will block on the opposite side. It's very tricky as you can use this as a "surprise" in combos if the opponent isn't aware of this technique.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Hah this is interesting. If your opponent is wakeup happy or losing their calm I could see this working. Downblock will stop it so a patient player will punish this but I could see it working. Just another tool in her belt! Nice idea Siren.

|| Syrnia

Hah this is interesting. If your opponent is wakeup happy or losing their calm I could see this working. Downblock will stop it so a patient player will punish this but I could see it working. Just another tool in her belt! Nice idea Siren.
Thanks Ninj. I'm glad to be able to share this stuff with you guys even though I can't go to many tournaments and showcase it there. Someday I would like to be considered one of the top Catwoman players if not a pioneer for the Catwoman movement :) #MEOW