What's new

Tech Naked Cat Dash position change/mirage mix-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Sooo....@Reythegreat sought to reveal this to me on PSN tonight...I think it's rather clever. I would classify this in the gimmick/mirage mix up category since I'm sure it can be punished...BUT...it is rather confusing since it changes positioning and is yet again another fierce mixup from Selina.

After landing a 1F2, do a cat dash and you will be on the other side of the opponent. I suspect this will work well against wake up happy/poke happy opponents. (meaning it will confuse their inputs)

Yay or nay? I think it's worth investigating since CW can be somewhat systematic in her setups.
Ninj Under_The_Mayo GGA 16 Bit ALL catwoman players

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I don't like a couple of things about it:

1) The Double F3 hard knockdown does similar damage and gives you stronger mixup capability (like doing a neutral jump then F1 to cross through them at the last second). It also allows you to hit her highest damage combos by whiffing the 2nd F3 - win-win
2. ) it locks you down into easily observable recovery frames, giving the opponent ample time to change their inputs. Unless you can do a F1 back through them after you cross over with the cat dash?

Those are my initial thoughts. Someone correct me if I'm wrong - at work so I can't test. RunwayMafia <3

Edit: I'll be testing this later but I'm at work right now. will update with any new thoughts afterwards

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.