What's new

[Story-Spoiler] Possible DLC Confirmed (You have been Warned)

methademic

UPR Methademic
How the hell is he secret and she isn’t?
Did they show her? No. She was leaked.
MK9 didn’t have kombat kast nor were there people who leaked this kind of things. Stop spreading nonsense.
It's not that hard to understand man but let me try one more time. Cybersub was not on the select screen when you booted up mk9 the first time, thus secret. When you turn on mk11 Frost is right there in your face same as Shinnok, therefore unlockable... but not so secret. :eek:

Pizza

Thrill Kill
So the leaks seem to be right again. At least Cyrax and Sektor play a role in the story then?

Apparently they're fightable. According to what Boon/NRS said before, this would pretty much confirm them as DLC (or unlockables?), I don't know why is anyone doubting this. They said there won't be NPC fights this time, so if you fight a character that's not on the roster it means it's going to become playable eventually.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
What if they appear in chapter 4 and take Frost instead of Sub-Zero?
Don’t know how this plays out but it sounds both cool and stupid, first they couldn’t catch Smoke and they caught Sub, now they catch Frost
I have a feeling Frost would convert willingly. She despised that Sub Zero joined Scorpion to stop the Cyber Initiative. She believed in it's cause. I honestly think with the comic version she did it herself and with what we see of her she is the least converted having a newer model that retains more of herself.
I guess we will see, it's part of the excitement of playing the story mode and seeing alternative endings.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
I know some would hate this, but duo characters have always made me so happy. Maybe Cyrax/Sektor as the new Noob/Smoke? One gear piece for Cyrax, one for Sektor, and one that changes something for both.

Idk how or if it could work or exactly how to make it different from Noobs Clones, but the idea is cool to me. Something to keep it from 2 DLC spots. Unless we can get Sektor and HUMAN Cyrax.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I know some would hate this, but duo characters have always made me so happy. Maybe Cyrax/Sektor as the new Noob/Smoke? One gear piece for Cyrax, one for Sektor, and one that changes something for both.

Idk how or if it could work or exactly how to make it different from Noobs Clones, but the idea is cool to me. Something to keep it from 2 DLC spots. Unless we can get Sektor and HUMAN Cyrax.
That’s similar to how the Turtles operate in I2, yeah?

Pizza

Thrill Kill

Oh gawd, Noob-Smoke? Not this again!

I wish they were separate characters. It's not like they're clones of each other, they always had different movesets.

If anything, Sektor and Smoke were more similar just because they shared the teleport punch back in the day.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?

Oh gawd, Noob-Smoke? Not this again!

I wish they were separate characters. It's not like they're clones of each other, they always had different movesets.

If anything, Sektor and Smoke were more similar just because they shared the teleport punch back in the day.
To be clear, Id want basically both of them to have their own movesets and tag in and out. Think of it being a 2v1 match, but they share a lifebar. Maybe a command to tag in and out. Could be cool.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
They're probably unlockable in the krypt. I wonder if that includes Cyber Subzero since hes in a stage background.

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
I mean, they could have had joker as an Npc fighter in ij2 story, considering he only had one fight, yet he was base

Cyborgs are likely DLC, which I'm fine with tbh, as they are fan favorites

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
It's not that hard to understand man but let me try one more time. Cybersub was not on the select screen when you booted up mk9 the first time, thus secret. When you turn on mk11 Frost is right there in your face same as Shinnok, therefore unlockable... but not so secret. :eek:
So secret characters can’t be unlocked?
English isn’t my native language but how is it different if the result is unlocking a character?