What's new

[Story-Spoiler] Possible DLC Confirmed (You have been Warned)

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Oof, I would not get your hopes up for them being DLC tbh.

They might've said no more fightable NPCs in story, but they also said no repeat DLC and Triborg was DLC just last game and unless there's a KP2 then I don't see why they'd give 2 slots away to Sektor AND Cyrax after they were basically already DLC in MKX.

I think it's more likely we'll get a new cyborg character (Hydro) that just has their moves and shaders to represent them. So, basically Triborg #2. I don't think they'll be DLC, but I'm excited to see them in the story at least.

Welp, that's basically that then. If they're just using old assets then they're definitely getting the Sindel, Rain, and Baraka MKX treatment.
They were variations for a character tho, not a character themselves. I think this doesn’t necessarily follow his “no repeat dlc” rule.

D

Deleted member 35141

They really need to tell us who is in the combat pack got burned for mkx didn't play any and injustice 2 only played redhood. If it's these 2 and guest characters looks like a saved 30$

Hostile_18

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
We dont need both just one or the other. I really cant see them both been dlc.

Is it out the question they are unlocked in story mode?

methademic

UPR Methademic
Oof, I would not get your hopes up for them being DLC tbh.

They might've said no more fightable NPCs in story, but they also said no repeat DLC and Triborg was DLC just last game and unless there's a KP2 then I don't see why they'd give 2 slots away to Sektor AND Cyrax after they were basically already DLC in MKX.

I think it's more likely we'll get a new cyborg character (Hydro) that just has their moves and shaders to represent them. So, basically Triborg #2. I don't think they'll be DLC, but I'm excited to see them in the story at least.

Welp, that's basically that then. If they're just using old assets then they're definitely getting the Sindel, Rain, and Baraka MKX treatment.
The no repeat DLC thing is a misquote. He said (this is going to be paraphrased obviously) when asked if a certain someone would be DLC that he doubted it because they don't like to do the same things they like to try new ideas, which is true every mk game is radically different. Never said they wouldn't sell you the same dude again later down the line.

Hostile_18

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
If you continue reading he backpedaled hard and then shown he was trolling, he got called out by a post from Paulo saying the opposite and he retracted it and added popcorn because the post involved Mileena.

That tweet is out of context without the full exchange.
To his credit at least he did reply to the comments below.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Personally I think there is a strong possibility Triborg or something similar is DLC or that they made Cyrax and Sektor but with similar moves. But we are not fully sure if they have similar moves not like he used them or anything.

There is also a possibility of them being Unlockables but not patched in yet.

If the statement that they won't have unplayables that we fight against in story is true I think there is a very strong chance they get in one way or another.
I remember many saying Robots wouldn't make it in MKX and then they did. Same shit, no repeat DLC and everything yet they did.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
i knew this is the tweet you were referring to. that's not even remotely what he was alluding. i don't understand why people take a cryptic, general tweet and considerate it a confirmation
Wasn’t the one who posted it, saw the thread about it so I figured it was true. Didn’t take that guy as Boon 2.0

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I hope they'll be unlockable, it would be a low blow if they're DLC no? I don't know, NRS is being weird with this stuff. I'm not a huge fan of the cryborgs, but for people like K&M, it must suck ass to getting the short end of the stick 2 games in a row. I really HOPE it won't be a triborg deal.

SxS626

Noob
Exactly, Triborg, Cryrax and Sektor are three different characters.

NRS' statement of no repeat DLC does not affect individual cyborgs.
says who? that makes no sense. triborg was a gimmick to include all the cyborgs in mkx without dedicating 4 different spots for each robot; he wasn't his own character. if that was the case then we wouldn't even need cyrax and sektor, they would just put triborg in every game

says who? that makes no sense. triborg was a gimmick to include all the cyborgs in mkx, he wasn't his own character. if that was the case then we wouldn't even need cyrax and sektor, they would just put triborg in every game
Dude, triborg is a separate character...

Check this

DragonofDadashov24

What if they appear in chapter 4 and take Frost instead of Sub-Zero?
Don’t know how this plays out but it sounds both cool and stupid, first they couldn’t catch Smoke and they caught Sub, now they catch Frost

DragonofDadashov24

N

Check this
obody says he isn’t. He really was a gimmick used to bring all of them back. Some kind of Mokujin in MK.

SxS626

Noob

Check this
obviously he was "a character" since he had his own tower ending , but he was created for mkx to implement more than one character into the game, specially for sektor and cyrax