What's new

Story Mode death predictions

Who do you think will die in the course of the story mode? In the last game it was just Baraka and Mileena, but I’m hoping they ramp it up this time. I’m so done with the Revenants so they’ve all gotta go in some way or another IMO.

I think

Sonya (older)
Kano (both)
Shao Kahn
Kitana (both)
Jade (both)
Kabal (both)
Lui Kang (Revenant)
Kung Lao (Revenant)
Jax (older)
Certion (story mode option)
Shinnok (story mode option)

LeoMK29

Noob
I don’t think any of the young versions of the revenants are dying tbh. That would be really stupid to bring them back only to immediately kill them off again.

But then again there are alternate endings. Which I hate.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Liu Kang - His revenant form will die, replaced by young Liu
Kung Lao - Same as Liu Kang
Jade - Revenant form will die, good jade will live
Kabal - Revenant will die, non revenant will live
Kano - both die
Sonya - Old dies, young lives... damn that same pattern... it's kinda cheap
Jax - Probably the same as the others, young lives, old dies.
Scorpion - I think young scorpion dies, new scorpion lives.
Sub-Zero - Lives
Kollector - Lives
Cetrion - Lives
Raiden - Both will live
Shao Kahn - Always has to die for some reason
Shang Tsung - live this time
Baraka - Live, don't think they will kill him twice
D'Vorah - Probably lives/flees
Kotal - Lives
Erron Black - Lives
Skarlet - I have the feeling she dies, but I hope i'm wrong
Kitana - Revenant dies, old/young kitana lives
Frost - Dies
Geras - Dies
Kronika - Dies
Noob Saibot - Lives, if he dies again, it is really shitty
Johnny Cage - Both probably live for comic stuff in the future
Cassie Cage - Lives... BORING
Jacqui - Lives probably

NON-Playable deaths
Reptile
Ermac

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I think they will use death to undo characters that aged & are revenant & replace them with the young living ones.. other then that ain't nobody care bout death in MK...

I think because the Revenants are already dead the deaths of their younger versions would be the only way to undo Quan Chi’s spell and erase them from existance.

Lui Kang I believe will become an Elder God by the end of the story.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
I think they will use death to undo characters that aged & are revenant & replace them with the young living ones.. other then that ain't nobody care bout death in MK...
I 100% believe this too. This may have been one of NRS's main goals all along in regards to the time travel elements. What better way to bring back young characters and get around the "aging" problem?

This also allows them to wrap up the Revenant story arc, and now the MK series (for better or worse) can move forward with a mixture of young staples, older characters that aren't hampered by age for whatever reason, and newcomers.

Liu Kang - His revenant form will die, replaced by young Liu
Kung Lao - Same as Liu Kang
Jade - Revenant form will die, good jade will live
Kabal - Revenant will die, non revenant will live
Kano - both die
Sonya - Old dies, young lives... damn that same pattern... it's kinda cheap
Jax - Probably the same as the others, young lives, old dies.
Scorpion - I think young scorpion dies, new scorpion lives.
Sub-Zero - Lives
Kollector - Lives
Cetrion - Lives
Raiden - Both will live
Shao Kahn - Always has to die for some reason
Shang Tsung - live this time
Baraka - Live, don't think they will kill him twice
D'Vorah - Probably lives/flees
Kotal - Lives
Erron Black - Lives
Skarlet - I have the feeling she dies, but I hope i'm wrong
Kitana - Revenant dies, old/young kitana lives
Frost - Dies
Geras - Dies
Kronika - Dies
Noob Saibot - Lives, if he dies again, it is really shitty
Johnny Cage - Both probably live for comic stuff in the future
Cassie Cage - Lives... BORING
Jacqui - Lives probably

NON-Playable deaths
Reptile
Ermac
this might accuate

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Plot Twist: Raiden has been the bad guy all along and they kill him with Kronika’s help.

Arkane Slim

I did a lot but I never hated...
Not sure but I hope some people stay dead. I believe Jade shouldn't have been killed off in MKX just to be a Kitana variation... But i'm glad she's back.

However, people need to stay dead. Which means no Quan Chi, No Shinnok (or headless Shinnok) and no Mileena. They didn't have to bring back Baraka... they should have just promoted another Tarkatan... named... Tarkata

Anyway I think Jax is going to die... they had him die in like 4 endings on MKX...

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
this will all be a setup for the next generation of kombat kids... kang & kitana, jade & kotal ect... then it can be all kombat kids kombat MK12...

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Everyone. Twice over.
The whole timestream thing with infinite multiverses is a good excuse for endlessly slaughtering everyone and still everyone being alive.
It's genius.

I could see D'Vorah dying. Perhaps Baraka finds out that she kills his future self, and kills her out of revenge.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I see D'vorah possibly, she's the type to make too many enemies only a matter of time before someone kills her. Sonya and Jax, one of them at least if not both. I just think they've lived way past their due dates where as everyone else has died already lol regardless if they came back or not. I think Kotal might die, I can see him doing something noble maybe protecting Jade?

I think Sub Zero will possibly kill Frost, but not because he wants to but because he has to depending on where the story goes. I think if Frost pushes Sub and Scorpion, that could happen. I can also see Noob helping Frost out as his own personal vendetta is now against both Scorpion and Sub. Why do I say Scorpion? It's obvious, other day NRS skipped their intro entirely...nuff said lol. And Sub and Noob they still have their own beef of course.