What's new

Tech Stop thinking Shazam is bad

I sent that message during a moment of weakness, Bill. I'm ok now. But compared to the top of this game, shazam does struggle.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Can't you end the combos into low grab for better setup and more damage than sweep? Like f2, low grab and then do the stand grab reset.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
You can yeah, although (and correct me if I'm wrong) I believe Tom is advocating the sweep setup because it leaves you with more advantage to set up a crossup than the Achilles' Might throw.

Shazam is a devastating character when he gets in. Mmmmmmmmmyeah, Superman, Deathstroke, Aquaman, and Black Adam reaaaaally don't let Shazam do anything unless you time his teleport just right. His dashes are fine, yeah, but not when Low Shot into Quick Shot is presented towards him, or MB'd Lightning Strike happens(the funniest thing about this move is the fact that it hits you if you attempt to jump it, too). I agree that he doesn't need a million and 2 buffs, but maybe just extending the period of time his Advancing/Eluding Mercury's projectile invincibility or full invincibility.

Also, Red Reaper's right, the Cage wakeup just ignores everything in that MU, including the jump ins n stuff. Shazam isn't bad but dear god I doubt the boy is that great (i really hope i get to eat these words in the future).

Shawi

Noob
Brady, honestly, we are not stupid. We can all see he is pants. Can I ask you, why is he pretty much bottom 5 on your tier list? And I don't want any of that "it isn't ready yet, it's just new, just develop his meta game" nonsense. Oh and meter isn't infinite. Everything you say requires meter, even GL, an absolute meter whore, has trait when he has no meter. Shazam has squat!

Btw, love ur effort to help the community! Much appreciated, however, you called 'us' out by calling 'us' criers.

#shazamtillidie

And I just remembered, 22 into HM is horribly punished by Hawkgirl. She can wing evade 2, mace charge, you name it, she even punishes a normal 2 on block. I seriously doubt she's the only one who can do that, too.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
And I just remembered, 22 into HM is horribly punished by Hawkgirl. She can wing evade 2, mace charge, you name it, she even punishes a normal 2 on block. I seriously doubt she's the only one who can do that, too.
Everyone gets a full combo if you duck the HM in that setup.

Like okay, he has some good mixups, but they are ALL unsafe, lead to low damage, and take a bar of meter.

Sure he's good. But in this game good doesn't come close to cutting it.
1. Shazam does 37% w/1bar which is good damge. Over 60% w/a reset which is GREAT DAMAGE.

2. Yes, its risk.. Characters like Black Adan, Superman, etc.. don't have combos that loop unless you do "x". Shazam does.. If Shazam could reset safely then all of you who are here crying about how " he isn't good" would be crying "NERF HIM!! HE IS TOO GOOD!!".

I like how Tom Brady chose to do Lightning Strike as opposed to Lightning Kage for wake up.. lol.

I'm sorry but This will always be a World of Dictators!
Let Lightning Cage whiff, punish w/full combo. My bad dawg... had to make a read for that 80%? He must be terrible....

Shazam is a devastating character when he gets in. Mmmmmmmmmyeah, Superman, Deathstroke, Aquaman, and Black Adam reaaaaally don't let Shazam do anything unless you time his teleport just right. His dashes are fine, yeah, but not when Low Shot into Quick Shot is presented towards him, or MB'd Lightning Strike happens(the funniest thing about this move is the fact that it hits you if you attempt to jump it, too). I agree that he doesn't need a million and 2 buffs, but maybe just extending the period of time his Advancing/Eluding Mercury's projectile invincibility or full invincibility.

Also, Red Reaper's right, the Cage wakeup just ignores everything in that MU, including the jump ins n stuff. Shazam isn't bad but dear god I doubt the boy is that great (i really hope i get to eat these words in the future).

Read how I just said you can let the Lightning Cage whiff, then full combo punish. You want FREE 80% guaranteed no risk or read required.. Sorry Shazam has to make a read for that 80%.. He is obviously bad right?

Also.. do not say what "x" characters do not let him do. This comes off a knockdown or 22 trap. DO NOT say that Superman, etc will never EVER be knocked down or block a 22. As long as they block 22 or get knocked down, Shazam is in business. Anyone who is basically saying that Shazam will NEVER knock these characters down does not know what they are talking about.

Brady, honestly, we are not stupid. We can all see he is pants. Can I ask you, why is he pretty much bottom 5 on your tier list? And I don't want any of that "it isn't ready yet, it's just new, just develop his meta game" nonsense. Oh and meter isn't infinite. Everything you say requires meter, even GL, an absolute meter whore, has trait when he has no meter. Shazam has squat!

Btw, love ur effort to help the community! Much appreciated, however, you called 'us' out by calling 'us' criers.

#shazamtillidie
This tier list is not my sole opinion or REO's. It is a compromise of opinions. In my sole opinion, Shazam is one of the better characters in the game.