What's new

Still no word on the Kombat Pack?

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
I'm hoping they do stick with trend from I2 where they release a character a month. Would give me something to look forward to each month.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
In the wake of the negative feedback since launch they're likely to give things time to cool off before they ask people for more dollar.
This, plus the fact that they saw how much heat they and other IPs got for revealing DLC before the game's launch.

NRS is doing the right thing - they just shouldn't have KP1 for sale months before its release without telling us what's in it.

qspec

Noob
Has to be Combo Breaker. As much as I would love a patch and some new characters, you don't want to go screwing around with tournaments.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Did they ever make a huge announcement at Combo Breaker the last time? I can't remember.

I do know that we have a habit of thinking that the FGC is a big thing in the world, and forgetting that this is a multimillion-seller AAA game.

Remember the, "They're gonna reveal the next MK at EVO" people? Strategically that doesn't make sense. You get maybe 150-200K people watching the biggest main events at EVO. Not sure how many people were tuning in to MK on Saturday night, but making an announcement there isn't a huge splash in the bigger gaming world.

Combo breaker might be different though, since it's something smaller w/ the DLC. If they've done it before, my bad.

NRS seems to usually either go huge with the big announcements (E3) or just go direct to major press and social media (IGN/Twitter/Gamepot etc.)

Last edited:

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
Did they ever make a huge announcement at Combo Breaker the last time? I can't remember.

I do know that we have a habit of thinking that the FGC is a big thing in the world, and forgetting that this is a multimillion-seller AAA game.

Remember the, "They're gonna reveal the next MK at EVO" people? Strategically that doesn't make sense. You get maybe 150-200K people watching the biggest main events at EVO. Not sure how many people were tuning in to MK on Saturday night, but making an announcement there isn't a huge splash in the bigger gaming world.

Combo breaker might be different though, since it's something smaller w/ the DLC. If they've done it before, my bad.

NRS seems to usually either go huge with the big announcements (E3) or just go direct to major press and social media (IGN/Twitter/Gamepot etc.)

No they showed character trailers at tournaments before. They revealed Tremor at Evo 2015, and they revealed fighter pack 3 with TMNT at Eleague.

Xelz

Go over there!
They don't need to reveal the whole KP1, but another character or two would be nice. Many of us already bought the pack - knowing what we paid for would be a nice courtesy.

Also, it could drum up more sales ahead of Shang Tsung's release. Some folks are probably on the fence and would buy KP1 once they know who's in it.