What's new

General/Other - Special Forces Stealth Special Forces Nerf!!!

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I'm pretty sure they didn't even know what it was and just noted it as a 2in1 because that's what it was referred to as here lol. Hat Trick had the same problem but his didn't get fixed according to the patch notes because consistency is hard guize.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I'm pretty sure they didn't even know what it was and just noted it as a 2in1 because that's what it was referred to as here lol. Hat Trick had the same problem but his didn't get fixed according to the patch notes because consistency is hard guize.
How could you possibly be sure of that? It makes sense that it's 2in1 given how it acts, and it said it in the patch notes. So I'm gonna go with that.

It's technically a cancel. It's recovery frames that you are allowed to skip and go straight into another move. It doesn't look like a cancel, or have the timing requirements of most MK cancels, and it doesn't cancel as many recovery frames as most, but it's still canceling.

colby4898

It's technically a cancel. It's recovery frames that you are allowed to skip and go straight into another move. It doesn't look like a cancel, or have the timing requirements of most MK cancels, and it doesn't cancel as many recovery frames as most, but it's still canceling.
Right. A 2in1 cancel.

Youphemism

How could you possibly be sure of that? It makes sense that it's 2in1 given how it acts, and it said it in the patch notes. So I'm gonna go with that.
How could you be sure it's a 2in1? You just saying "it makes sense" doesn't mean it makes sense. The patch notes always have some sort of problems between inaccurate listings and missing changes, don't trust them too much. You can call it a 2in1 if you like but you have no mechanical evidence to suggest it is or ever was one *shrugs* I never said it definitely isn't one either mind you but there's nothing to suggest it was/is besides the patch notes now mentioning it. It might be but I'm just not seeing much evidence for it is all. Not saying you're wrong it just doesn't really make sense in relation to the usual general mechanics and Hat Trick had/has the same problem and it was never a 2in1.
Does it actually remove any recovery frames though? Seems like it's just coming out straight after but maybe it's just me that sees it.

colby4898

How could you be sure it's a 2in1? You just saying "it makes sense" doesn't mean it makes sense. The patch notes always have some sort of problems between inaccurate listings and missing changes, don't trust them too much. You can call it a 2in1 if you like but you have no mechanical evidence to suggest it is or ever was one *shrugs* I never said it definitely isn't one either mind you but there's nothing to suggest it was/is besides the patch notes now mentioning it. It might be but I'm just not seeing much evidence for it is all. Not saying you're wrong it just doesn't really make sense in relation to the usual general mechanics and Hat Trick had/has the same problem and it was never a 2in1.

Does it actually remove any recovery frames though? Seems like it's just coming out straight after but maybe it's just me that sees it.
I guess neither of us can be certain, but I don't understand why you would assume (or be "pretty sure")that the developer of the game doesn't understand how there own games mechanic work and not take their word for it.
It act's like a 2 in 1 does. With the bug, you would have to wait for the full recovery of the drone call before activating the special, without the bug you can cancel into a specal before the recovery frames are over. If I'm not mistaken (which I could be) that's how 2in1 works.
Also what are you reffering to with hat trick? Do you mean throwing the hat out then immediately calling?

Youphemism

I guess neither of us can be certain, but I don't understand why you would assume (or be "pretty sure")that the developer of the game doesn't understand how there own games mechanic work and not take their word for it.
It act's like a 2 in 1 does. With the bug, you would have to wait for the full recovery of the drone call before activating the special, without the bug you can cancel into a specal before the recovery frames are over. If I'm not mistaken (which I could be) that's how 2in1 works.
Also what are you reffering to with hat trick? Do you mean throwing the hat out then immediately calling?
These are the same developers that decided buffing Cutthroat, Quan, D'Vorah and Impostor was a good idea, that nerfing Bo Rai Cho and Cybernetic was a good idea and that fixing whiffing issues took no precedence over buffs and nerfs. Can you see why I'm not confident in what they're doing/saying? As CD Jr once said, the players know more than the developers.
You're just saying that it acts like one without actually explaining why though. I'm saying that pretty much all 2in1s in the game come from a normal or string into a special, not a special into a special. It's not consistent with the rest of the game/mechanics for drone call to be able to be cancelled into a drone special. I have never seen the drone special removing any recovery frames which is why I don't think it's ever been a cancel, I would've thought it's just able to be done quickly after the recovery from drone.
No, Hat Trick used to be able to do a Hatarang then do a Hat Trap very quickly afterwards but can't now. That's why I felt this was just the same thing since Hatarang doesn't 2in1 into Hat Trap because that doesn't make sense.

I don't think it's worth worrying about anyway since it's "fixed" now, at least for Sonya.

colby4898

These are the same developers that decided buffing Cutthroat, Quan, D'Vorah and Impostor was a good idea, that nerfing Bo Rai Cho and Cybernetic was a good idea and that fixing whiffing issues took no precedence over buffs and nerfs. Can you see why I'm not confident in what they're doing/saying? As CD Jr once said, the players know more than the developers.
You're just saying that it acts like one without actually explaining why though. I'm saying that pretty much all 2in1s in the game come from a normal or string into a special, not a special into a special. It's not consistent with the rest of the game/mechanics for drone call to be able to be cancelled into a drone special. I have never seen the drone special removing any recovery frames which is why I don't think it's ever been a cancel, I would've thought it's just able to be done quickly after the recovery from drone.
No, Hat Trick used to be able to do a Hatarang then do a Hat Trap very quickly afterwards but can't now. That's why I felt this was just the same thing since Hatarang doesn't 2in1 into Hat Trap because that doesn't make sense.

I don't think it's worth worrying about anyway since it's "fixed" now, at least for Sonya.
True, some of their decision have been... baffling to say the least. But that's not related tp game mechanics as such.
I think i'm being dumb because I thought I did explain how it was a 2in1.
From a string~special you don't have to wait for the recovery frames of the string before inputting the special thus a 2in1. For a special~special you have to wait for the first special to recover before inputting the second special thus not a 2in1. For Sonya's special~special you can input the second special before the first has recovered and so a 2in1. Similar to Kitanas ex db2.
Maybe I'm not understanding something but I thought
With the bug, you would have to wait for the full recovery of the drone call before activating the special, without the bug you can cancel into a specal before the recovery frames are over.
was me explaining it?

I'm not saying I'm 100% right, but to me seems like it makes perfect sense that that's what it is.

Youphemism

As I said it may well be a 2in1 that doesn't seem like it should be one but there's no point on dwelling on it since it's back to the way it was :p

colby4898

As I said it may well be a 2in1 that doesn't seem like it should be one but there's no point on dwelling on it since it's back to the way it was :p
Yeah I know it doesn't but I just thought I was misunderstanding something or being stupid and wanted to be told I'm being stupid if that's the case. I have Dronya back now and I'm happy haha