What's new

Statistical Tier List

DeftMonk

Noob
this just shows batman is popular. No ratio means what? also does this account for player match? Also at f tier player level (which most casuals are) obv certain characters are gonna be way better than professional level. Most of the matches played are for sure at the casual level. If someone can explain to me how joker is better than WW cpt cold and Brainiac im all ears :p

DeftMonk

Noob
WW is much harder to play for beginners than any of those characters, so yes. I don't see WW online very often personally.
uh... what? I am not saying I see wowo everywhere but let's not pretend this chic requires some telekenesis to play... I am not sure if ur refering to the timing on her b3 in some combos? but if u cant hit that shit dont bother trying to play flash unless ur just gonna be some scrub who is unoptimal as fuck. Also robin has equally as difficult links and lots more to setup than sneak in with a fast as fuck short range projectile and like 3 strings.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
It would be really interesting if you could see win/loss ratios not just per character, but per MU. That's probably about the best you are going to do with collected data. This is about the worst you could do with it.
About the only thing you can gleam from this is character popularity with a little ease of use knowledge.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
uh... what? I am not saying I see wowo everywhere but let's not pretend this chic requires some telekenesis to play... I am not sure if ur refering to the timing on her b3 in some combos? but if u cant hit that shit dont bother trying to play flash unless ur just gonna be some scrub who is unoptimal as fuck. Also robin has equally as difficult links and lots more to setup than sneak in with a fast as fuck short range projectile and like 3 strings.
The comment is pretty well established at this point. WoWo is considered to require players be able to properly control the neutral to force errors that you don't fail to punish, and to not make your own mistakes. She also requires a level of patience and willingness to overcome some of the more frustrating positions you can be put into in this game. Or you could just pick batman.

She just isn't worth the effort for a lot of people with limited ability/time to play. It's not about her having a complicated game plan or being high execution or any of that. and nobody would or is comparing her to the Flash.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Lol 90% of players are scrubs doing non optimal combos. WW has a midrange defensive style that isn't as intuitive to a casual player as rushdown or zoning.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
But in that case wouldn't dead shot be top 3? Instead of low mid tier?
Maybe.. Either way, it's still a better metric...
To get an even better result, it would be better to get the data from offline events, but that's harder to track, since people switch characters, etc...

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
This list is sorta worse than useless.

So... Wins.. in what? Ranked? Casuals? With gear or without? Multiverse? The arcade style ladders?

What about win %?
Wins by MU?
Wins by ranked?
Wins by casuals w gear?
Wins by casuals w/o gear?
Wins in PvP vs PvE (multi etc)?

I mean it's a neat list to read for an idea as to popularity I guess, but it doesn't tell you anything and as I said, it's worse than useless.

These lists need extremely detailed data to be relevant. Show me a list that tracks ranked wins/losses in total and by MU, and maybe we can glean some useful info out of it.

This reminds me of a similar list from SFV a while back that basically listed as Fang as having the highest win % in the game, though the least use. That paints Fang as an extremely effective character on paper.. If I remember right his % was significantly better than anyone else's... But he's one of the worst competitive characters in SFV.

Bad data is worse than no data imo.

Nobus3r1

House of Bane; ID: 8V596
this just shows batman is popular. No ratio means what? also does this account for player match? Also at f tier player level (which most casuals are) obv certain characters are gonna be way better than professional level. Most of the matches played are for sure at the casual level. If someone can explain to me how joker is better than WW cpt cold and Brainiac im all ears :p
Saying that Batman popular is about as controversial as saying that water is wet but is he ~50% more popular than any other character?

Well I guess that answers the question if batman needs nerfs. I get that he may not even be top 5 in the top 1% of play but his risk reward is waaaaaay off for the remaining player base.

If NRS values their community, they needs to net batman. Tone down the whole zoning meta too. Getting bored of this game, it's time for a meta shift

fong03

Noob
Well I don't believe that Robin Flash or Supergirl although popular are more popular than Superman or Wonder Woman.
I think Flash is indisputable. The demographics of this game probably skew young, so current media is more telling. The Flash tv show is very popular and the Flash's comic currently outsells both Superman and Wonder Woman.

Batman consistently has multiple comics in the top 10 and his family of characters are also very popular. Add in the Titans and Young Justice and I could see Robin being more popular than WW or even Supes to a younger generation. He certainly isn't any easier to use than Supes and doesn't have better match ups.

Supergirl's popularity is likely based on the current CW show. I would not go as far as to say she is more popular than those two, but she had more of a current presence than the other two, at least until the WW movie this year. I think the fact that she was made the defacto main character of the story mode (besides Batman of course because Batman must always take center stage) shows how popular she is. The game certainly pushed her more and she didn't get the horrible treatment WW and to a much lesser degree Superman did in the story.

Skedar70

Noob
It would be really interesting if you could see win/loss ratios not just per character, but per MU. That's probably about the best you are going to do with collected data. This is about the worst you could do with it.
About the only thing you can gleam from this is character popularity with a little ease of use knowledge.
This would be ideal in order to identify actual MU numbers instead of subjective opinions. NRS could get this info if they implemented it in the game. Maybe they do have the numbers but there is just no way for us to see it.

Nobus3r1

This would be ideal in order to identify actual MU numbers instead of subjective opinions. NRS could get this info if they implemented it in the game. Maybe they do have the numbers but there is just no way for us to see it.
If they're legitimately tracking the number of 'Gallons of Venom Used' or 'Number of Batarangs Thrown' type stats then then almost assuredly have statistics for actually useful in-game information.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
you know this guy basically made this thread cuz he believes this meaningless info reinforces “bAtMan bEsT iN tHe gAme giuz” meme he keeps up for every thread

there are only 3 complete batmen. i doubt u play any of them to warrant this much whining so my advice is learn to aa, stop geting hit by wakeup batarang and learn to hold down back when pressured. trust me bro works wonders

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
This list is bunk because it doesn't have enough numbers but when somebody who doesn't travel and doesn't place but sure plays a fucking ton with 2-3 character says he knows how they all line up, its legit.

Nobus3r1

you know this guy basically made this thread cuz he believes this meaningless info reinforces “bAtMan bEsT iN tHe gAme giuz” meme he keeps up for every thread

there are only 3 complete batmen. i doubt u play any of them to warrant this much whining so my advice is learn to aa, stop geting hit by wakeup batarang and learn to hold down back when pressured. trust me bro works wonders
I agree except for the part that I put in bold, underlined text as there are IMO far too many characters in the game who have to essentially be psychic to have a prayer of beating (or in some cases even just trading with) Batman's J2 much less having a chance against a Batman player who's smart enough to actually mix up his air options. I would say well over half the cast just have to live with Batman jumping at them because the risk/reward for challenging is very much not worth it.