What's new

State Your Main (Gangsta)

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Ideally, I wish NRS would be able to come up with someone with extra defensive options worth using. Of course, there's an inherent issue with such designs in fighting games, so it's not very likely that we're getting such a character.

A toolbox-y type is also welcome. For example, something like Aganos from KI or, failing that, F/T from MKX, although that's probably stretching the definition.

In terms of particular characters from MK franchise, I've looking forward to Raiden and hopefully Shang Tsung, but I'm not quite sure they will be anything I've described above. Although NRS themselves, I feel, aren't sure what they want from Raiden, but hopefully not something like TG Raiden from MKX.

I'm somewhat curious about some other characters, like Jade. We'll see what NRS will show us.

Also someone using some down-to-Earth style would be cool. I've expected Kano to fill this niche in MKX, but even his MK9 incarnation was more fitting to that description.

Hoping for Mileena to come back. I know I know killed last game bla bla bla, I will keep my fingers crossed until the game launches.
I'm afraid she'll have to sit this game out. But personally I wish we'll get Shang for him to uncork his (presumably existing) stash of extra Mileenas.

TamedLizard

Buff George
If the roster leak is true, there's way too many characters I want to play, so after feeling comfortable enough with the first, I'll move on to the next.

Reptile>Rain>Fujin>Bae Rai Cho>Shang>Shao Kahn, in that order.

Alec

Noob
If Johnny Cage is in a game, I'm maining him, whatever the game is.

Going by the leak tho', it isn't looking too good for him. Not sure who I'd main if he's not, but I'll probably start with others who have "Cage" in their name; then Kano/Kano's Son? ; Kitana?
Pretty much I'll run through the roster and decide based on gameplay, not by top tier status, but if it feels fun for me.

However, if Johnny is in the roster, easiest blood oath ever.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Yah, if Johnny makes DLC that’s obviously my boy. Shang Tsung was my shit in MK9 too so looking forward to his return, and Reiko actually looked pretty sick in the comics so pretty hype to see what they do with him as well. Can’t wait to get my hands on this whole damn roster, tbh.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I really hope MK11 keeps more simple mechanics of MK9 than MKX. Hell, id be happy if they mix both but for God sakes....get rid of that horrid stamina system and run button! That shit hella turned me off from getting into MKX.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Hope for Sareena and Fujin.

From the confirmed characters Shao Kahn has my attention.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Make way for the actual True Ninja. Insta permanent main if she is in

Otherwise i will probably get bored and pick a character who just fits my playstyle, remembering i played Hat Trick lao in MKX after migrating from Scorpion.