What's new

Starting UMK3

well, I know that about MKT (n64) classic Subzer0, but luckily that's not what we are playing here. UMK3 classic subzero is pretty crazy too, the ground freeze is awesome. Do his pop up combo, jump kick. run jab twice, ground freeze. works most of the time, it's real cheesey though.

That tactic can be anticipated. I suggest mixing those up with 1 or 2 run jabs and not always two. Also, if your run jabs do not often yield an aalp, do the regular freeze occasionally to catch the jumping back opponent.

Birkin

Noob
You should learn Kabal, since he only has two main moves, Fireball and Spin. First learn how to do air fireballs (Jump - Back - Back - Fireball) as close to the ground, but not while on the ground so you can hit other people who try to run at you. Secondly, practice with the spin (Back - Forward - B) and when you should use it (when people JK or JP early), then you can try to do it in anti cross-up.

WC

Noob
An update... I've been doing semi-okish with Human Smoke. I decided to give Stryker a try and I have a question. Are my fingers just too slow, or is it somewhat difficult to use the Riot Gun and Baton Tripe?

WC said:
An update... I've been doing semi-okish with Human Smoke. I decided to give Stryker a try and I have a question. Are my fingers just too slow, or is it somewhat difficult to use the Riot Gun and Baton Tripe?
You should try the analog stick out for this game. The obvious advantage that the analog stick has is lateral movement between left and right. With the d-pad, it's rather easy to press down or up while trying to go from left to right, with the analog it's more precise. Although, I've been abusing the thing for the past few months and the controller's performance is realy fading. :(

WC

Noob
Actually I was trying him out on Mame, since I don't have a second controller. I prefer to start a two player game with no one else playing to get a feel for a character's moves, combos and such before I try against a person. I have yet to try him on XBL.

EDIT: Seems like the riot gun is easier to use in CPU matches than in 2 player games.