What's new

Starting UMK3

WC

Noob
Since this is my first thread here, I guess this is my chance to say hi.

Anyway, it's been a very long time since I last played UMK3, and I'm just getting back into it. Since it's been so long, I can't really remember anything, and wondered if anyone could recommend some characters that aren't too difficult to learn. So far, I like Human Smoke.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Unmasked Sub-zero! He's actually kinda hard to learn, but great to start with regardless.

I say Usub too, I still remember when I first got UMK3 for snes and picked that red scarred sub-zero.

There was no turning back. :wink:

WC

Noob
Gave them a try. So far, I like them, although I have a bit more difficulty in doing combos with Unmasked Sub.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Read through his character guide and what not for comboing for now, and then try against some people if you get a chance.

Well WC, try experimenting with U. Sub-Zero some more (just like Shock said), and then try with Kung Lao (who is a beast in UMK3). Then go from there and try with the other characters.

Stinkyf1re said:
LordPhoenix....

i actually have something nice to say

i think your sig is badass
That was my creation :lol: Had to say it, sorry.

Unsub is a good choice. All of them are a good choice. I recommend meeting up with someone from here on XBL and they can see how you play, maybe give you a character that fits you best. If you like playing more on the defensive side, Unsub is great! If you're more offensive, Nightwolf is a good choice. It all depends. My Gamertag is the same as my Username here if you ever want to meet up with me.

And welcome to the site. :D

I prefer Cyrax to learn just control cause if you push at the same times HP+LP you could perform a 3 hits combo xD, if you push HP+HK (and when you hit 3 times push B) you could perform the entire chain xD, B, B, LK for the Net, the fatality (inclouding pit fatality) is not a big deal to perform, is just to have fun at the same time you´re learning, i know that is not a easy char (after you´re a high level player) the first time i play Mortal Kombat 3 was with Cyrax xD in UMK3 i was planing to play with him, but after i saw Scorpion and Reptile i change my mind ^_^

Noob Saibot, or Rain. lol. Just playing. I think Unmasked sub-zero is the best to use for starters. Use the ice clone for protection. And don't play on Mame.

dreemernj

Ambassador
What in particular makes so many people suggest U.Sub (not saying I disagree, just love to hear the reasons).

Probably because he has easy moves to remember. Also, when you freeze someone you get to hit the other opponent when he can't fight back which makes it easier for the person to do damage. That is only if the person you are playing isn't that good and tends to get frozen a lot.

Anyways, I used to play this game a long time ago, but when I started to take it seriously, I started out with Stryker on the arcade machine.

I said Unmasked Sub-zero because whenever you play somebody online and you pick him, your apponent becomes less aggressive because of the ice clone. If you disagree then ok. But when I play any one and they pick unmasked sub, my whole style of playing changes, I become more patient less aggressize. only thing a new player should know is, not to use the forward freeze too much.

zero2kz said:
Probably because he has easy moves to remember. Also, when you freeze someone you get to hit the other opponent when he can't fight back which makes it easier for the person to do damage. That is only if the person you are playing isn't that good and tends to get frozen a lot.

Anyways, I used to play this game a long time ago, but when I started to take it seriously, I started out with Stryker on the arcade machine.
And you think is so easy to freeze opponent? is more easy do a spear or a net than freeze scorpion have the same option than subzero to do a combo (and is almost the same damage) Cyrax have a similar option too, but just that Cyrax could perform a combo with more damage ^_^, cyrax could use bombs, and bombs are unblockeable, Cyrax could throw you and have a chance to add more damage depending of how you´re level is growing up you could do just a HK (begginner modexD) or do a LP+net, HP, Air Throw), so "Cyrax, You Are Chosen" ^_^

KeanBurke said:
I said Unmasked Sub-zero because whenever you play somebody online and you pick him, your apponent becomes less aggressive because of the ice clone. If you disagree then ok. But when I play any one and they pick unmasked sub, my whole style of playing changes, I become more patient less aggressize. only thing a new player should know is, not to use the forward freeze too much.
Don´t be afraid against Usubzero (UMK3) son, be afraid against Subzero Classic (MKT N64) that´s a "horrible" Iceclone, and if you try to do that bug when you use the Iceclone and your opponent jump to you and then just when the ice clone is over him, he just push the block button while he just push down and the ice clone do nothing, but against subzero classic (MKT N64) just the opponent do this, use Groundfreeze, and voilá xD

well, I know that about MKT (n64) classic Subzer0, but luckily that's not what we are playing here. UMK3 classic subzero is pretty crazy too, the ground freeze is awesome. Do his pop up combo, jump kick. run jab twice, ground freeze. works most of the time, it's real cheesey though.

WC

Noob
Asking for an opinion... On XBL, is the stick or d-pad preferred? I'm used to d-pads for fighting games, but on this controller, it makes alot of unintentional jumps, while the stick takes some getting used to for me.