What's new

Strategy Stages And Smoke

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
It wasn't supposed to, I just find it funny how hellbent the community was on getting rid of Smoke's resets and now that there's something that may hinder them from working, we must switch consoles to ensure we infact, do keep on getting hit by them. LOL
thanks for sharing, don't quote my posts unless you are going to offer something that is an answer or opinion on what I have posted, thank you.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
It wasn't supposed to, I just find it funny how hellbent the community was on getting rid of Smoke's resets and now that there's something that may hinder them from working, we must switch consoles to ensure we infact, do keep on getting hit by them. LOL
or.... maybe he just wanted to know if it was console exclusive (which i doubt becasue the corner stuff happens on xbox).

Stop dropping combo's smoke fools. (my inner m2dave happened here).

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
or.... maybe he just wanted to know if it was console exclusive (which i doubt becasue the corner stuff happens on xbox).

Stop dropping combo's smoke fools. (my inner m2dave happened here).
I don't doubt that, what I do doubt however is that anything productive would come out of resolving the issue if it was proven to be PS3-specific. Sektor's U3 cancels from time to time freeze the 360 version (and only the 360 version) yet none of us in the UK decided to have some kneejerk reaction and demand we stop playing on 360 because of it.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I don't doubt that, what I do doubt however is that anything productive would come out of resolving the issue if it was proven to be PS3-specific. Sektor's U3 cancels from time to time freeze the 360 version (and only the 360 version) yet none of us in the UK decided to have some kneejerk reaction and demand we stop playing on 360 because of it.
who said anything about stopping playing?? I just like to know all the differences on each system because I play on both, take some pills and calm down.

These issues happen on both consoles. And it's nothing to do with smoke players being bad at their combos, it's that smoke turns around and goes the wrong fucking way on some stages where he does not on others. It also happens if you follow up a smoke bomb with 3d12 dash 3d12 midscreen, sometimes smoke will just go the wrong way and you drop your combo. It's no fault of your own, just MK9 being MK9.

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
^ I thought thy only happened when you hit 3d12 at the highest possible level after a smoke bomb, and dashing too early. if you dash too early
smoke will turn around, but just wait and dash to make sure it doesn't happen.

McNasty

Moist.
Alright guys with the current discussions about counter picking stages I feel we need to bring this issue to light and push a ban for shangs garden. Obviously if two players are not playing smoke they can do as they please but im not getting stage CP'd and losing my characters greatest asset.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I think Wafflez said this happens on Evil Monastery too, haven't heard him complain about it in a while though

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
I wonder if this is smoke specific...I have noticed some times on the first player side corner of certain stages like the dark rooftop Cyrax's 121~net the net wiffs. I always put it off to I was just hitting them as they were trying to jump or some other human error but now I am second guessing the game and not my self.