What's new

SRK preview of S.T.A.R Labs, System mechanics, and Black Adam.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Raven

Raven is easily one of my favorite characters in the Injustice roster so far. A heavily rushdown-oriented character with a grappler edge, Raven uses her magic to catch the opponent off guard in numerous ways. She has ranged ground and anti-air command grabs that are easily some of the best tools in her arsenal. Adding them onto the end of any string will be effective in catching an opponent trying to punish you or jump away. You can also slightly delay them in the middle of your normal block strings to create sick grab-based frame traps. Not only that, but some of her grabs cause special hit-states like ground bounces that let you continue your combos. If I’m allowed to gush for a moment, she’s absolutely sick!
She also has tons of juggle potential. Her launchers are super fast and cover a lot of ground, allowing you to set the opponent up for any number of easy connecting strings. She has an air-to-air kick that pops the opponent up high enough to land another ground string, and her command grabs can lead to even more combo opportunities thanks to their ability to hit a couple of character distances away and manipulate the opponent, pulling them or pushing them away depending on your needs.
Raven’s superhero power allows her to go into demon mode, which is essentially a free install that costs no meter. In this state, she moves faster, hits stronger, and her special moves change. Her projectile turns into an incredibly useful ground spire that can be summoned at a variety of distances and can combo into itself. She can also grab an opponent from almost a full screen away, allowing any random spire hit to transition into a full bread and butter. She also gains a full set of teleports, which would make even Dante and Vergil jealous. Her teleports are incredibly quick, fast enough to be used even in mid-combo, and they set Raven up for nearly free mix-up opportunities.
It’s also worth mentioning that her super (which drags her opponent into an alternate dimension and has Trigon eyebeam them to death) is outstanding DC Comics fanservice. Raven plays incredibly dirty and on first glance seems as if she will be one of the stronger characters in the game early on. The only thing that could have possibly made me like Raven more would be if she had an alternate costume and voice-pack based around theCartoon Network
Teen Titans series, though that may still be in the cards seeing as similar things have been done with other cast members.

sick summary on RAVEN. I need this demo.

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
As somebody who's not really into either character, Black Adam and Raven both actually sound pretty fun to play. Might have to spend some time screwing around with them after all.

Justice

Noob
It sounds to me like they are trying to address the issue of Cyrax and Smoke resets with that EX mechanic. It also sounds like it's not going to be as easy to have pocket characters if all of the timings are a little different.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
"Supers have also been changed since the E3 build. At this point, most supers in the game are unblockable, so throwing out random supers in the middle of pressure is extremely powerful. They are very punishable if avoided, however, and some have a long start-up time, making them better suited for combos."

Yeah, I hope he just made a typo or something because that sounds awful. Supers better not be unblockable.

Delriach

Sindelly
"Supers have also been changed since the E3 build. At this point, most supers in the game are unblockable, so throwing out random supers in the middle of pressure is extremely powerful. They are very punishable if avoided, however, and some have a long start-up time, making them better suited for combos."

Yeah, I hope he just made a typo or something because that sounds awful. Supers better not be unblockable.
Paulo Garcia@pakostevens
few ppl have asked this today. Only Bane's, Green Arrow's and Grundy's supers are unblock-able.

https://twitter.com/pakostevens/status/314029741051097088

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Okay now that I'm done fapping to all the new info I have some things to say:
-Black Adam sounds like a highly unorthodox character.
-From the man's impressions Raven is a really,really good character.
-Black Adam is king.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Omg... the hype that is brewing across EVERY SINGLE FIGHTING GAME SITE is just amaziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing. So hyped for this game I can't even take it.

And it's just soooo close from being released >_<

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
So we got:
-Black Adam preview
-STAR Labs and XP system overview
-New comic issue
-Major media tour

And we still aint done....NRS:Striking while the iron is hot.