What's new

SRK preview of S.T.A.R Labs, System mechanics, and Black Adam.

MisterSpyker

The 6'4 King
Over at Shoryuken.com there are two articles of great interest featuring two full write-ups on story mode, missions, XP system, Raven and Black Adam gameplay. Two editors of SRK were invited to a "behind closed doors" preview of the game and these two articles reflect their impressions of the game and their experience.

slide.jpg

Both article links below:

http://shoryuken.com/2013/03/19/injustice-gods-among-us-behind-closed-doors-preview-part-1-black-adam-raven-and-system-mechanics/

http://shoryuken.com/2013/03/19/injustice-gods-among-us-behind-closed-doors-preview-part-2-story-mode-s-t-a-r-labs-missions-and-the-xp-system/

Edited by STORMS*

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Star Labs and XP system sounds amazing! Love the fact that loads of NPC's could potentially make an appearance in Star Labs missions, and over 200 initial missions!

I want this game now, I just hope there are loads of unlockable skins, I mean this game has a ridiculous catalog to choose from.

MisterSpyker

The 6'4 King
Thanks for changing the title mods, I had no idea what to put seeing as I still hadn't read it. : )

Anywho, holy crap, this is awesome, I am excited as hell to try out Black Adam and the Story Mode.

Sounds like Black Adam will be a bit like Shang Tsung.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
God I'm probably not going to be online with this for ages, if there is loads of learning/story to do in single-player!

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
However, the neatest thing I saw in the demo was, believe it or not, the game’s stage-select screen. I asked how stage selection would be handled in tournaments since stage hazards will vary so much, and the answer was simple. Both characters get to choose the stage at the same time! If they both agree to a stage then that is the one that will be played on, but if they disagree, the game will choose between the two stages selected at random. Simple, ingenious, and guaranteed to make tournaments run smoothly.
I really dig this.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
No, this isn't sponsored by NRS, it's just some people who had access to the game a week ago.
I don't think it's a coincidence that it was released today though, I think NRS probably asked them to wait until the 19th, like Hector did with Finish-Him

Mulder

King of Heroes
S.T.A.R labs sounds like a shitload of fun. Incredibly excited to play these missions. Also love how they cameo other DC characters in them.

MisterSpyker

The 6'4 King
I don't think it's a coincidence that it was released today though, I think NRS probably asked them to wait until the 19th, like Hector did with Finish-Him
Isn't this the finish-him stuff?
In that case, yeah, Hector probably told them the same thing. Must be related to the story/star labs something tell me that thats what they're officially revealing today.

The only thing that could have possibly made me like Raven more would be if she had an alternate costume and voice-pack based around the Cartoon Network Teen Titans series
This is where you realize that the guy is heavily biased towards Raven and that he is making her look better than she is. Thank god.

hellbly

Noob
No, this isn't sponsored by NRS, it's just some people who had access to the game a week ago.

Also, I'm feeling really uneasy about "fast-paced" and "unblockable supers"

I'm sure NRS can make it work tho.
yeah, 'Mortal Kombat version of Marvel vs Capcom' doesn't sound good to me