What's new

Spring '10 USA PSN MK2 Tournament - No Random

dciguy01 said:
My laggy as hell matchup with Jesse89202

I noticed I was too choppy I gotta fix that in my further games. Too open at times and some MK2 no-no's 101. Also, a missed opportunity at 7:13 -if I'd done ONE more low-toe kick I would've won that match. GGS nonetheless DCI, always fun playing you (despite lag.) I'll just keep coming back stronger lol. Can't wait til the next tourney.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Too choppy as in laggy? LOL, ggs. Yeah we both did some stupid shit, but you can't do much with that lag.

dciguy01 said:
Too choppy as in laggy? LOL, ggs. Yeah we both did some stupid shit, but you can't do much with that lag.
Both, 1, my performance and 2 being the lag factor. For example, you were affected by lag but you weren't "choppy" you remained calm and slick.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Tried to get the match done with ectonaut/Kaz tonight but he wasn't on PSN tonight or last night either. Messaged him on PSN to get this done but haven't heard anything from him. Try again tomorrow...hopefully he responds...

@ David, Thanks. I'm not trying to be a complete ass with the rules, but they're in place for a reason (in case a dispute comes up later down the road).

Kaz

Noob
I'll be working at that time, I get home at about 9 30 on mon thru thurs. Are you free around 1 30?

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Kaz said:
I'll be working at that time, I get home at about 9 30 on mon thru thurs. Are you free around 1 30?
130 am? That's way too late for me. I can be online at 930-1000ish, closer to when you get home.

Gem and I are having trouble connecting right now. DCI is aware of the situation and gave us an extension(non-specified to myself, GEM maybe knows how long?. I hope we can get connected. FRZNSDR and I had the same problem right after we had matches just yesterday so if this ends up that we cannot connect by the extended deadline I am willing to give the victory to GEM if it comes down to that. That's our story for now....
Also, I won't be available past 2:30 pm tomorrow EDT through Tuesday the 15th of June. So if we can't get connected from now(8pm EDT until tomorrrow 2:30pm EDT) I'll be DQ'd anyway.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I'll grant an extension through tomorrow, 10pm est. If you can't get the match done because of connection problems, it will be a DQ depending on whether or not Kaz and I can finish our game. I'll keep you posted after tonight.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Waited online for Kaz till 1030 but nothing...

Given the fact that both matches have not been completed... 24 hour extension... if not done, this tourney is officially declared dead.

David and I tried again....he even tried wifi but still no connection. This better be a passing thing that Playstion is working on. Since yesterday I've seen two "unable to connect to the playstation network due to maintenance" messages. Patch that Sony ::|

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Kaz I'll be online most of this evening. You can pm or message me on PSN. The earlier, the better. You're pretty reliable, but I don't want to put this off beyond today. David and TPS issue is different, but there's no reason we can't get this done.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Can't believe I'm posting this, but I just beat Kaz 9-4. There was some abnormal lag, but it didn't affect either of our games that much I think. Lot of credit to Kaz, some of the toughest matches I've ever had to pull out. We had some nice Raiden action all-around. I was motivated by my loss to frznsldr yesterday, lol.

Of course, this is the one time I didn't record the damn series too. I'm gonna play for the damn championship!

David and TPS, you have till 10pm tonight to figure out your situation. Otherwise the match ends and I'll end taking this tournament by default.

dciguy01 said:
Can't believe I'm posting this, but I just beat Kaz 9-4. There was some abnormal lag, but it didn't affect either of our games that much I think. Lot of credit to Kaz, some of the toughest matches I've ever had to pull out. We had some nice Raiden action all-around. I was motivated by my loss to frznsldr yesterday, lol.

Of course, this is the one time I didn't record the damn series too. I'm gonna play for the damn championship!

David and TPS, you have till 10pm tonight to figure out your situation. Otherwise the match ends and I'll end taking this tournament by default.
I'm just not able to make it happen because I'm at work for 12 hrs and 60 miles from my ps3 when I get off work on the weekends. My apologies to David as he get's DQ'd. The bullshit that bothers me is the fact that he and I have had one solid connection in the past and of course for a tournament we have this problem. Bummer guys :/ But an early congrats to DCI for beating Kaz ; )

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Well then... on that note...

Looks like I have won the tournament! Thanks to everyone who participated.