What's new

[SPOILERS] Why I believe there roster leak is slightly inaccurate (They forgot two...)

Is this possible?

• Yes

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • No

Votes: 33 58.9%
  • Not enough information to say

Votes: 14 25.0%

• Total voters

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
There could be 28 or 30 characters on the base roster, we don't now yet but i had a strong feeling that we will have Quan Chi in this game..

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I just kind of jumped through the thread, so might have missed this: wasn't there a leak that said there were 2 unlockable characters?

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
What I meant was, expect characters like noob and one of the new dudes to be locked at the beginning. They count towards the base roster, while still needing to be unlocked. So 2 secret characters and still a base roster of 25. Same was the case for Quan Chi and Cyber Sub in MK9, or Shinnok in MKX.
Look at the screen select leak. There are 9 empty squares with NO names.

We're getting 6 DLC in the Kombat Pack.

So what are those other 3 slots?

Unlockable characters.

The ones with a yellow outline are the DLC. :) Mileena and Shang Tsung are the unlockable characters and Shinnok is base roster. (Although, I wouldn't mind Shinnok not being in and Rain being an unlockable in his place.)

People are assuming SHA stands for Shao Kahn, but I can see it being Shang since he'd be base roster and none of the other DLC characters have their names on the slots and Shao Kahn is a DLC character. So I put Shang in the SHA spot and Shao Kahn next to him. The two big bosses at the very bottom, as it should be.

I couldn't see them having slots for a Kombat Pack 2 up there either because they'd be fairly early on in terms of development or hardly worked on at all.

So any way you put it, there's 3 empty slots. Whether it's Shinnok, Shang, Mileena, Rain, Quan Chi whoever the hell. There are 3 slots.

A base roster of 27. 28 including Shao Kahn. 34 After the entirety of Kombat Pack 1 is released. Which is 1 character more than MKXL's roster. 4 Characters less than Injustice 2's final roster which ended up at 38. I could then see them doing a Kombat Pack 2 and adding 4 more characters. Which would then equal Injustice 2's final roster and leave the select screen looking like this:

Which would see the select screen looking nice and symmetrical. This is just what I think is going to happen. The characters might not be exact (I am hoping for Mileena which is why I've been so passionate about her inclusion here) but I think it's more than possible we're getting 2-3 unlockable characters that isn't Noob, Cetrion, or Kollector.

But I definitely feel like Shang Tsung is a high possibility no matter who the other two are.

I've seen people say that those slots could be random select, but I don't see why random select couldn't just be a button. In MKX all you have to do is press Y (on Xbox) and there's literally a random select option. No need for it to have it's own slot.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I really hope you're right! Just to save myself from disappointment I'm still going to assume 25/26. If its far more than that, then I'll be a very happy camper. Thanks for the explanation dude!
I should probably lower my expectations too, but idk I just feel like while there's no SOLID proof of these unlockable characters, there's no proof they aren't there too y'know? I've seen so many people say Mileena, Shinnok, and Shang aren't in, but they know as much as I do. I feel like out of every character Shang's chances are high. There's been a lot of hype surrounding the rumor that Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa's going to be playing Shang Tsung because of Ed Boon teasing that there's going to be another familiar famous face in the game that'll get the fans excited.

One of the main reasons I'm pushing so hard for Mileena to be an unlockable is because if she isn't, then she likely wouldn't be DLC. Because I feel like there are other female characters that deserve a shot as DLC. Sindel and Sareena being those characters.

Mileena on base roster would just be perfect. How hype would it be to have Kitana, Mileena, Jade, and Skarlet in the game? Then Sindel coming in would make it even better. Sareena would be a 3D era character that NRS can spice up and make super cool. Just, all these dope female characters in one game? Magical.

I'm still gonna love and enjoy the game if she isn't in it, but I just really hope she is.

It's like having Scorpion in the game without Sub-Zero. It's weird to have Kitana and Jade without Mileena. They're like the Edenian dream team.

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
We already know there are going to be unlockable characters though. Why tf would they say "There are unlockable characters" but then not have any unlockable frickin characters?

I know it's probably the same thing but it wasn't secret characters he was talking about?
I'm saying that because the word secret makes me think they won't even appear on the roster when you see it for the first time. Then boom, you do some shit and it appears magically.

It'd be dope, but I don't think it'll be that way, unfortunately.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
I don't see Kenshi and Takeda making an appearance in MK11 at all. Storywise they probably went to hunt down the killers of Suchin (Kenshis wife and Takedas mother). That's why Kenshi visited Takeda, after Takedas training with Scorpion was over. So whatever's happening with Kronika, it's probably none of their concern as for now.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
The people who are confident MKX characters will be DLC in MK11 are setting themselves up for disappointment, imo. NRS has never, ever done that (give a DLC slot to a character who was base roster in the previous game), except for Triborg which is something of a special case.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
The people who are confident MKX characters will be DLC in MK11 are setting themselves up for disappointment, imo. NRS has never, ever done that (give a DLC slot to a character who was base roster in the previous game), except for Triborg which is something of a special case.
"Never ever" are very strong words when NRS has only produced 3 games in their entire history as a company, and within those 3 games there is already a debatable case of it happening.

And I'm not saying this as someone who's particularly invested in any unannounced MKX character to return. I pretty much couldn't care less either way.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
"Never ever" are very strong words when NRS has only produced 3 games in their entire history as a company, and within those 3 games there is already a debatable case of it happening.

And I'm not saying this as someone who's particularly invested in any unannounced MKX character to return. I pretty much couldn't care less either way.
It's four games, and it didn't happen from MK9 -> MKX or from IJ -> IJ2. If you count Triborg, then perhaps, but a scenario like that seems very implausible given how variations have been changed for MK11.

I just think the backlash would be harsh and they're likely to avoid it. I'm very keen on having Mileena in, so I'd love to be wrong if she isn't base roster, but I'm skeptical.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
It's four games
Good catch.

I just think the backlash would be harsh and they're likely to avoid it.
OK first I'd like to say for the record, I just spent 5 minutes looking for this mythical Ed Boon quote/promise, and I can't find it anywhere. I would hazard a guess that 1) we've been playing a game of telephone with exactly what he said, and 2) the vast majority of "backlashing" consumers have never even seen the quote first hand.

If anyone does have the source, I'd appreciate a link.

Now, assuming that Boon really did promise exactly what you're implying -- the problem is NRS is releasing DLC characters at a significantly faster pace than they're producing new MK characters. Unless that ratio flips on its head and stays flipped, doubling up on DLC characters is just a statistical inevitability. Boon is physically incapable of keeping this promise as it's been passed around.

Asking the internet to be reasonable is a tall order, but I dunno. Triborg came and went, arguably a dealbreaker right there, and the internet didn't implode.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Good catch.

OK first I'd like to say for the record, I just spent 5 minutes looking for this mythical Ed Boon quote/promise, and I can't find it anywhere. I would hazard a guess that 1) we've been playing a game of telephone with exactly what he said, and 2) the vast majority of "backlashing" consumers have never even seen the quote first hand.

If anyone does have the source, I'd appreciate a link.

Now, assuming that Boon really did promise exactly what you're implying -- the problem is NRS is releasing DLC characters at a significantly faster pace than they're producing new MK characters. Unless that ratio flips on its head and stays flipped, doubling up on DLC characters is just a statistical inevitability. Boon is physically incapable of keeping this promise as it's been passed around.

Asking the internet to be reasonable is a tall order, but I dunno. Triborg came and went, arguably a dealbreaker right there, and the internet didn't implode.
I'm not talking about repeat DLC -- I just think people would flip if a character from the previous base roster became paid DLC. It would be seen as a cash grab. That's not to say it's impossible! I just think they'd rather avoid.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Y'all need to look at Kotal 2nd skin from the leak. It's not Rain.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Where's the pic of that? I don't recall ever seeing it. Only Kotal skin I've seen was what appears to be his primary skin. I really don't see how that's Kotal at all, unless he's wearing a Rain costume and removed all his tribal marking or whatever they are.

Are you talking about these because they're definitely not the same character. Different hair, different clothing, one is shirtless, one is not.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zev