What's new

[SPOILERS] MKX to MK11 Roster Comparison/Overview

Afumba

Noob
If Ermac, Mileena, Sindel and Reptile make it in via unlock or DLC i would call it a 10/10 roster.

Right now its like 8 or 8,5/10 for me.

Cool post! I like the visual comparison

The starting roster seems pretty solid - and to me MKX got much much better with the DLC (loved triborg, predator, alien, tremor, Tanya)

MK11 already has a great starting cast, curious to see IF there will be secret characters and at the very least who they're going to put in as DLC (hoping for Smoke, Rain, Ermac, Reiko, and Havik mostly or at least 2 of them)

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I like the roster a lot. Seeing that half baked shitty leaked roster photo got me so hyped.

It would be hard to take the crown from mk9 but it’s not just the roster itself, it’s the returning characters being better as well. Like mk11 Johnny Cage is miles better than mk9 Johnny. That could make mk11 the better roster for me.

Oh, Shang is in and he will be a beast.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Thanks for this. Looking at your list, I highlighted my personal preference in blue.

• Kenshi > Cetrion
  • Mileena > Jade
  • Takeda > Kollector
  • Kung Jin > Baraka
  • Shinnok > Geras (tie)
  • Ermac > Skarlet
  • Reptile > Noob Saibot
  • Ferra/Torr > Frost
  • Quan Chi > Kabal
  • Goro > Shao Kahn
So close for me with MK11 ahead, and if Shang is an unlock it's a clear cut winner.

• MKX had eight Special Forces characters, MK11 has five (assuming no one joins SF during MK11).
I find this hilarious given some of the posting here. Read the wrong post and you'd think they upped it to 15 or something.

DaGreef84

French Fan
Awesome post! Good work @Gamer68

This is my first reply on TYM. I’m a huge fan of the franchise and I’m so hyped to play the new MK11. Can’t wait!

About the roster, I was wondering those questions:

- Is it confirmed the base roster will be 25 characters? Could It be more? (without the plural secrets characters)
- How many secrets characters will be in the game?
- How many DLC characters will be included with the kombat packs? (2 kombat packs at least, dreaming of 3 maybe)
- Overall, can we estimate a roster between 40-50 characters. Is it possible?

What do you guys think? (Don’t blame me for my French writing)

ScorpXL

Goro?
Awesome post! Good work @Gamer68

This is my first reply on TYM. I’m a huge fan of the franchise and I’m so hyped to play the new MK11. Can’t wait!

About the roster, I was wondering those questions:

- Is it confirmed the base roster will be 25 characters? Could It be more? (without the plural secrets characters)
- How many secrets characters will be in the game?
- How many DLC characters will be included with the kombat packs? (2 kombat packs at least, dreaming of 3 maybe)
- Overall, can we estimate a roster between 40-50 characters. Is it possible?

What do you guys think? (Don’t blame me for my French writing)
1. In an interview with NRS, when asked if 25 would be the final roster size, they said that "25 is a good number." The roster size might be 26 though if Shao Kahn isn't included in the base roster.

2. According to the recent leak, there will be 3 secret characters (Shang Tsung, Mileena, and Shinnok) which would bump the base roster size up to 28 (including Shao Kahn). Take this info with a grain of salt though since there hasn't been any concrete evidence for it yet.

3. Kombat Pack 1 will have 6 characters. No info about the next Kombat Packs yet.

4. If Kombat Pack 2 has 6 characters as well then we'd end up with a roster of 40 characters since we'll have 34 once Kombat Pack 1 comes out (assuming the secret character leak is true).

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I'd really want her to return since she was TRULY cool in MKX. I think that's my favourite version of her, loved her design and gameplay.

Sadly, her chances to be in MK11 are extremely low.
She was so much fun, and there's a lot of potential for her character going forward, especially with Jade back in. It's a bummer she didn't make the jump.

If we don't count the Shang, Shinnok and Mileena leak (which makes sense since it's nothing too concrete), I'd say the roster is slightly better, but MKX's was very poor.

If the unlockables leak is true and we don't get a billions guests again, I'd say MK11's roster is in a good place. Not as good as MK9 though.
My feelings exact. Shang missing two games in a row just doesn't feel right and neither does Mileena getting kicked out when all the other MK1/MK2 regulars get to stay (well, I guess Reptile is in the same boat, but meh lol).

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I thought that roster creator thing looked pretty cool so i wanted to make one with how I want the kombat pack roster to look. It all lines up pretty good faction wise. Could be the best roster ever depending on the new characters imo.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
Almost a perfect roster, assuming Shang is in. The only other one I kinda miss is Kenshi but I'm ok with him not being in this one (I don't play him, just enjoy his character).

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Its funny, because of MK 1 + 2, Mileena, Reptile, Baraka and Shang Tsung are my favorites, and mostly they hit the dust again lol.

I really have a different taste than other people.

The MK11 roster was better than the MKX roster even back when they only revealed 7 characters lol.

If they reveal Shang, Nightwolf, Fujin and one cyborg, that would make this one of if not the best MK roster, yet. Even now, this roster is very solid.

My only gripe with it is the inclusion of these three; Sonya, Cassie, and Jacqui. I feel like they could have included Cassie only and have Sonya/Jacqui sit this one out. Instead, we could have had Fujin and Nightwolf on the base roster.
You mean sonya only .. why the hell r we getting those kids again in 2 consecutive parts !!!!
And they keep rain as modifier !!!!

Really WHAT THE #&@$!