What's new

Special shoutout to Madzin

schnitzel_on_fire

Maining the Roster
just watched the video in the OP vs gross, and i'd like to set something straight:

the game is banned here in germany, yes. that means you cannot buy it in the store, and neither can you buy it at the german amazon. HOWEVER i am absolutely positive (without consulting a lawyer, mind you) that nobody would ever get thrown into jail for playing mortal kombat. the government in germany may have a stick up their asses when it comes to displays of violence, but it's not that bad (yet?). i don't know about people illegally selling the game; i guess they will at least get get a fine, maybe worse.
when it comes to setting up tourneys, i don't know how far the authorities would go on a scale from "not giving a shit" to "shutting the event down" (if anyone who actually cared about it got wind of such an event), but since so few people here even have the game, there won't ever be a tourney the size that calls for renting a venue.
i myself got my copy of the game off of amazon.co.uk.

so, in short, either Madzin or myself is critically misinformed :)

all that aside, i love the fact that "one of us" was repping our country at one of the greatest tournaments this game has ever seen. Gut gemacht, mein Lieber!

and i have a feeling that when i'm done with my university years and actually start getting some cash together, i'll schedule my first US vacation in such a way that allows for participating in a major; who knows, maybe even in MK10!?

of what i saw, madzin's noob was just godlike to say the least. he had some super hype matches lol. there is nothing to be ashamed of coming behind the players he did in the results, this tournament was pretty damn stacked.

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
Major props to this man, MK is completely illegal in Germany, he has an American copy of the game, as well as an American PS3. This means that at most he has one or two friends to secretly play with, And super latent German-US connection online matches. He really worked above many odds to get to the level of play he is at, so mad props to him

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
This dude's golden. 'nuff said. I'VE HAD HIM ON MY FRIENDS LIST FIRST.
Yo'.

Holler for Madzin.
supbro

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Madzin was a very nice guy and I am glad I got to meet him. I'll admit that I underestimated him, especially after we played in tournament but he is solid and would be able to level up IMMENSELY by playing with the top dogs for a few weeks. Still, I think it was a good showing (and I still hate Noob...)

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
All right, people, cease your bickering at once!

Do you not read the title of a thread? We are here to give Madzin props and here you guys are, arguing over differences. C'mon, put aside your egos for a second and stop spoiling the moment.

I might think about cleaning this thread up after seeing all of this...

Now back on topic.

I gotta give props to Madzin, like seriously. This is another of those times where people doubted a player because of his online tactics and yet he came to MLG and blew everybody away. When is it going to be accepted that playing online should never be alluded to being a bad player? Let's be serious here. ;)

I do disagree with his use of portal resets, but they have worked for his style of play, so I'll leave it alone. This Noob Saibot is going to change a lot of tier charts and cause match-up discussions to overflow. Grolarbears has done this as well.

Hope to see you online soon, pal. I WILL have that runback one of these days.

Matix218

Get over here!
Madzin's noob was pretty nasty. I enjoyed watching him and IMO he certainly lived up to the hype that was around him from the online scene.

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
Wait a second, according to Mapusa:

F0xy, a European player, places 13th in a 250 man American tournament, this is an utter failure, he got destroyed, you can't call this anything but a letdown.

Madzin, another European player, places 17th in an American tournament with less than 100 entrants..
Yeah too bad foxy lives where the game is legal.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
To be honest, EVO wasn't a serious tournament since REO was using KL and Jr was using Kabal
EVO is no joke. I don't think we should take away credit from Foxy, he might be wrong about Madzin and Gross but he accomplished the best international representation at EVO.

Grumptronix

Fuck off, I'm not grumpy
Madzin is a fucking Saibot don. And he looks just like I thought. haha

Check it:

@ 6:21 minutes.... FURRYYYYYYYYYYYY

B W1zZ

Noob
It was cool meeting Madzin in person, I got the chance to play some matches against him in a little team battle which was myself, TylerLantern Vs Reno_Racks Madzin

Overall he's a solid player who does a lot of things I don't see many people doing like NJP'ing to whiff punish strings and supermans from a distance. I also seized the opportunity to get his name signed onto my hat ;0 Glad he made it out.

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
Seriously, Madzin is one of the coolest guys I have ever met. The guy is humble and down to earth. He has no ego at all, and all he really wanted to do is have good matches, win or lose. Glad I got to meet him and hang out with him so much.

Like @Bwizz mentioned, we had some great games with Reno_Racks and Madzin.

Anyone who shits on this guy for not placing over 17th has no idea what they are talking about.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
This thread has now been cleaned. Let's give Madzin his due props without fighting amongst ourselves, cool?