What's new

Special shoutout to Madzin

coolwhip

Noob
I really feel Madzin deserves props for a multitude of reasons:

1) After a bumpy ride that has been well documented, he still made it to MLG (special thanks to CrimsonShadow for doing something fantastic, and of course, the ever awesome Pig Of The Hut

2) His addition really brought a lot of hype and interest to this MLG. Obviously, it was always going to be hype since we had 90+ entrants, but everyone was interested in seeing this guy play. He had people talking and it really seemed like people on stream wanted to see him over anyone else.

3) I honestly feel he delivered. The only way you could be disappointed in this guy is if you somehow had unrealistic expectations about him bodying everyone. However, keep in mind, he's someone without an offline scene in a country where MK is banned. Sure, he was unfortunate that his only streamed match took place against arguably one of the top 5 MK players in the world at the moment, but his victory over Blake alone should earn him respect.

4) His set with Gross on the Kombat Houston stream was absolutely phenomenal. http://www.twitch.tv/kombathouston/b/338039768 Here's a link of for the archive, the match starts at the 2:40 mark. The third match after he switched back from Reptile to Noob is honestly one of the most entertaining I've seen in this game, and the corner combo was damn near arousing.

5) He has probably the most creative Noob I've seen.

6) By all accounts, the kid was beyond nice. I really hope he enjoyed his trip and had a memorable experience.

Enenra

Go to hell.
He was great and I'm glad he went. He would've made it a lot farther if he had stopped jumping, especially against Dizzy.

But a great player and he brought hype to the stream, and that's all we can ask for.

CRUM

Noob
Too much portal trickery. Other than that this kid was awesome. I hope he is able to make it out again. And I give him all the props in the world for battling through the online tournament scandal. Way to go Madzin

InFlames

dead
Props to his mohawk. Anyway he was relying on portals too much against Dizzy, I feel if he used more shadows for zoning he could've won possibly taking Noob to top 8. :(

Oh well... DAT MOHAWK.
:eek:

coolwhip

Noob
Props to his mohawk. Anyway he was relying on portals too much against Dizzy, I feel if he used more shadows for zoning he could've won possibly taking Noob to top 8. :(

Oh well... DAT MOHAWK.
:eek:
I think it would have taken WAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than that for Madzi to beat someone as good as Dizzy. Nevertheless, his showing in that match was nothing to be embarrassed about.

coolwhip

Noob
Please. Keep Cage out and it's smooth traveling from there. :cool:
Not sure if you're serious. But anyway, I'll refrain from getting a debate about the match-up since I want to keep this thread about Madzin, and not about the preposterous premise of someone as good as Dizzy being simply "kept out" by Noob Saibot's zoning.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Wait a second, according to Mapusa:

F0xy, a European player, places 13th in a 250 man American tournament, this is an utter failure, he got destroyed, you can't call this anything but a letdown.

Madzin, another European player, places 17th in an American tournament with less than 100 entrants..

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
Respect to Madzin's mom for a) letting him go and b) going with him.

I'm sure he had a great time.

.... Now if he would only except my challenges on PSN....

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone using a pirated copy of Tapatalk

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
yes congrats madzin i believe you placed 17th equal with PL so you have already proven a lot considering the game is banned in your country [as it is here in australia]

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Wait a second, according to Mapusa:

F0xy, a European player, places 13th in a 250 man American tournament, this is an utter failure, he got destroyed, you can't call this anything but a letdown.

Madzin, another European player, places 17th in an American tournament with less than 100 entrants..
Foxy mains Lao and cage

Madzin mains nooB

..........huge difference

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
  1. @Madzin is an excellent player and a cool dude all around. Mad props for coming out.
  2. I think everyone needs to STFU about the portals. He had to have this same argument with top players all weekend, and each time he made the point that you have to do them even if you get punished in order for the mind game to work.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Foxy mains Lao and cage

Madzin mains nooB

..........huge difference
Well in that respect, F0xy got knocked out of Evo using Rain, even though he had much better matchup options at hand. But I couldn't help but poke fun at the hypocrisy lol, I still think Madzin held his own all things considered.

You could argue that most players don't really know the Noob MU. Thats not meant to discredit Madzin in any way for the record.
This. Smh at everyone falling for D1~Upknee x30 -_-