What's new

South Carolina's Finest... Is a Noob

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
So I've been following TYM for a while now but I had completely forgot to introduce myself so here it goes. My name is GuerrillaTactix. I'm new to competitive fighting games but I'm hooked!

I turned in my button smashing for resets and mix ups and I'm ready to learn more. Injustice was the first FG I took seriously since they actually included the frame data. As you can imagine, I lack fundamentals but I've gotten hella better, real quick.

I love TYM. I follow the tech, the drama, the up-playing, the down-playing, I've Konsidered the Following, all that. But most importantly I'm trying to improve my game. I understand from the top players that online is a stupid way to do that and I'd like to take my game offline but... I live in SC.. Charleston no less..

Since the closest scene I can think of near me is ATL I have three questions:
1. Have any of you struggled to find offline competition?
2. Should I start my own scene?
3. How should I go about doing that?

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Welcome, good luck if you do try to start that scene, and if you're ever looking for games on xBone feel free to hit me up!

The Duke

SCF The Duke
The South Carolina Fighting Game Community is bigger than you think, I should know....because I'm apart of it.
Charleston you say? Holy City Brawl 2 is next month. Facebook Event Page--------> https://www.facebook.com/events/994500540566240/

Normally Columbia and Aiken have the most tournies (Aiken Super Art 3 happened 2 weeks ago).

*disappears*

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
The South Carolina Fighting Game Community is bigger than you think, I should know....because I'm apart of it.
Charleston you say? Holy City Brawl 2 is next month. Facebook Event Page--------> https://www.facebook.com/events/994500540566240/

Normally Columbia and Aiken have the most tournies (Aiken Super Art 3 happened 2 weeks ago).

*disappears*
You might have change my life dude! And a tourney on top of that!! Thanks!

Oh no Injustice or MKX mentioned.. I'll still go though since it's so close. I'm sure guys there play Injustice and plan of playing MKX.

Yooo, I'm from South Carolina. Greenville to be exact. I don't really plan to compete offline or anything but you're welcome to add me on PSN if that's what you're on.

If nothing else we should have a pretty solid connection to each other to play MKX online!

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
So I've been following TYM for a while now but I had completely forgot to introduce myself so here it goes. My name is GuerrillaTactix. I'm new to competitive fighting games but I'm hooked!

I turned in my button smashing for resets and mix ups and I'm ready to learn more. Injustice was the first FG I took seriously since they actually included the frame data. As you can imagine, I lack fundamentals but I've gotten hella better, real quick.

I love TYM. I follow the tech, the drama, the up-playing, the down-playing, I've Konsidered the Following, all that. But most importantly I'm trying to improve my game. I understand from the top players that online is a stupid way to do that and I'd like to take my game offline but... I live in SC.. Charleston no less..

Since the closest scene I can think of near me is ATL I have three questions:
1. Have any of you struggled to find offline competition?
2. Should I start my own scene?
3. How should I go about doing that?
1. I was kinda like "Hey, where in TN are people?" and they came.
2. If you wish, but if there's one that you can fit into...it works better since you are still trying to learn
3. uh.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
Yooo, I'm from South Carolina. Greenville to be exact. I don't really plan to compete offline or anything but you're welcome to add me on PSN if that's what you're on.

If nothing else we should have a pretty solid connection to each other to play MKX online!
Yeah man! I'm definitely down! My best friend lives in Greenville now. Who you thinking about maining so far??

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
1. I was kinda like "Hey, where in TN are people?" and they came.
2. If you wish, but if there's one that you can fit into...it works better since you are still trying to learn
3. uh.
Yeah the The Duke set me straight. I'd much rather join one then make one because I'd be a horrible teachers to new players. lol!

Yeah man! I'm definitely down! My best friend lives in Greenville now. Who you thinking about maining so far??
So far it's looking like Kung Lao as my main with Cassie or Kenshi as my backup. However, there are so many cool characters that I will probably just try to learn them all on some level!

If you add me on PSN, my ID is Harry_Whodini. Just put a message in there saying you're the dude from TYM so I know who's adding me haha

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
So far it's looking like Kung Lao as my main with Cassie or Kenshi as my backup. However, there are so many cool characters that I will probably just try to learn them all on some level!

If you add me on PSN, my ID is Harry_Whodini. Just put a message in there saying you're the dude from TYM so I know who's adding me haha
Will do. Kenshi is absoluetly gunna be my main. and Quan Chi looks sick but I feel you on wanting to play them all.

The Duke

SCF The Duke
You might have change my life dude! And a tourney on top of that!! Thanks!

Oh no Injustice or MKX mentioned.. I'll still go though since it's so close. I'm sure guys there play Injustice and plan of playing MKX.

NRS games have been lacking amongst us for a while, hopefully that will change when MKX drops.
The preferred taste of everyone is Capcom games, Guilty Gear, Under-Night In-birth, and Tekken.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
NRS games have been lacking amongst us for a while, hopefully that will change when MKX drops.
The preferred taste of everyone is Capcom games, Guilty Gear, Under-Night In-birth, and Tekken.
Personally I'd love to learn Tekken before Tekken 7 comes out but a 3d fighter with side stepping seems like a lot to wrap my head around right now..

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
I stay in charleston and i've been wanting to create a scene here also. I'll body u a few times then we can talk business lol :REO
Haha! I only play injustice on ps4 right now. Anything outside of that I'm free AF.. What system are you playing on? What do you play/ who do you main?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
All u people in SC and I'm there a ton and never have I heard this till now lol

Last 3-4 weeks I've been in charleston, Greenville, hilton head, Columbia and Asheville (nc?? Sc??? )

Always pass through Clemson where I gaze out the window looking for my @The Duke

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
I have a name for your scene ......

GCK (GameCockKombat) or even just The Game Kocks

Ive trademarked them already and will only charge you a one time fee of 8.95

Most likely only NCAA fans will get the reference...

EnergyKD

AKA KHAOTIC Zeus
Lately me and my friend make jokes about people dressed in gorilla suits jumping out fighting the British Army in the past yelling GUERILLA TACTICS MODAFUCKA, so ur username made me laugh. Welcome.