What's new

Sore Winners

Snolla

Noob
This petty human being is my single biggest pet peeve in not just the gaming world but in competition in general. If someone beats me and t-bags or sends hate mail saying I suck I simply block them from my PS account. I don't even respond. Some people just aren't worth it and sore winners take the cake for me. Do you guys have any examples recently where this has happened to you or does it just not get under your skin like it does too me? I've even had guys lip me who I asked for tips from.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
I just send a "ggs" and be on my way. The only time I'll usually respond is when I get hate mail from someone that just lost to me... then I go into full troll mode.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I am a sore winner sometimes admittedly.

But only when the other guy was being a massive dick.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
I do this to people I dislike or people I see have a mic on and are raging. Just to get a little extra emotion out of them.

A little bit of stance changing goes a long way.

Ohhh it gets under my skin.
Just today I had a few people win against me and when they won they would waste the time by doing obnoxious things.
Tea-bagging, L2, Neutral Jump, Crossover Jump, walking backwards like a cop who had just seen a salad. just stupid.
I was amazed at the maturity level of these guy's.
Pisses me off.

~Hound

Snolla

Noob
Ohhh it gets under my skin.
Just today I had a few people win against me and when they won they would waste the time by doing obnoxious things.
Tea-bagging, L2, Neutral Jump, Crossover Jump, walking backwards like a cop who had just seen a salad. just stupid.
I was amazed at the maturity level of these guy's.
Pisses me off.

~Hound
Maturity in online mk is more scarce then honest politicians that work in the UN.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Am I a sore winner if I mock somebody for ragequitting? Because I do that all the time. I used to make fun of people for playing like ass (when their BnB's consist of fullscreen wake-up telepunch, random mid-screen telepunch and random spear~throw), because I honestly have a legitimate, almost Nazi-like hatred of people who play this game in that manner.

But as time went on I got sick of sending those messages 53 times a day, so I just started going the "Submit Player Review -> Player Skill -> Lacking Skill -> XxBlazinxWithxScorpionx420xX is now an avoided player" route and it's worked out pretty well for me. Occasionally I might send them "lrn2combo", but I fail to see how that's anything less than helpful advice.

EDIT: Oh yeah! I will mercilessly mock and degrade every flowchart Raiden that I destroy. I absolutely refuse to be made to feel bad about this.

This petty human being is my single biggest pet peeve in not just the gaming world but in competition in general. If someone beats me and t-bags or sends hate mail saying I suck I simply block them from my PS account. I don't even respond. Some people just aren't worth it and sore winners take the cake for me. Do you guys have any examples recently where this has happened to you or does it just not get under your skin like it does too me? I've even had guys lip me who I asked for tips from.
hatemail: file complaint + block communications
teabag: avoid player

Snolla

Noob
Am I a sore winner if I mock somebody for ragequitting? Because I do that all the time. I used to make fun of people for playing like ass (when their BnB's consist of fullscreen wake-up telepunch, random mid-screen telepunch and random spear~throw), because I honestly have a legitimate, almost Nazi-like hatred of people who play this game in that manner.

But as time went on I got sick of sending those messages 53 times a day, so I just started going the "Submit Player Review -> Player Skill -> Lacking Skill -> XxBlazinxWithxScorpionx420xX is now an avoided player" route and it's worked out pretty well for me. Occasionally I might send them "lrn2combo", but I fail to see how that's anything less than helpful advice.

EDIT: Oh yeah! I will mercilessly mock and degrade every flowchart Raiden that I destroy. I absolutely refuse to be made to feel bad about this.
You and I have very similar ways of going about things then.

CompletelyJaded

Whiffmaker
I main(ed) Jade which is about 80% suffering for 15% hard work, 4% being called spammer and stuff, and 1% winning.
The amount of hate mail you get online is the quality of your game play.
MK9 is a horrible spammy buggy piece of antinutrition so troll and spam all you like, at the end of the day the people who win are the people satisfied and trust me, being on the losing end because of character-loyalty to a non-online-viable character when I tell you this:
The cheaper you win the better.

Snolla

Noob
I main(ed) Jade which is about 80% suffering for 15% hard work, 4% being called spammer and stuff, and 1% winning.
The amount of hate mail you get online is the quality of your game play.
MK9 is a horrible spammy buggy piece of antinutrition so troll and spam all you like, at the end of the day the people who win are the people satisfied and trust me, being on the losing end because of character-loyalty to a non-online-viable character when I tell you this:
The cheaper you win the better.
I saw your other thread about how you need a break. I think you just need to calm down and change up your main for a while in offline mode then bring them online. Or just have a second to Jade to deal with certain things.

CompletelyJaded

Whiffmaker
Thank you for your kind words. I believe in playing one character and sticking with it, and this game doesn't permit that.
My hopes are that now that they finished spamming out all the DLC they will finally look at game balance and other issues.
Giving the game some time, and myself.

Snolla

Noob
Thank you for your kind words.I believe in playing one character and sticking with it, and this game doesn't permit that.
My hopes are that now that they finished spamming out all the DLC they will finally look at game balance and other issues.
Giving the game some time, and myself.
I agree it's good to be consistent. In any fighting game though that will cause anyone (even Tom Brady) to feel what your feeling right now. I strongly suggest you try a second main and see if it makes your experience any better. It really should I think.

D_W

The Could-Have-Been King
I get people who beat me and then counter pick me which is something I don't understand. Especially since they do better with their original character. It's really strange.

I've also had people do a fatality and then disconnect.

Eight

I am the salt
What makes you think my flowchart will produce anything except fabulously skilled players?

Reedoms

Noob
I tend to act like a sore winner when someone sends me hatemail on my match.
I can't help but get them even more riled up. I add ":3" to every sentence I write and for some reason that just sends them over the edge.

Panque

Random foreign guy
Tea-Bagging in MK is just WRONG. Looks like you're doing things the other way around.

Quoting a guy from trmk, "I beat u, now that your defenseless instead of killing you I choose to suck your dik."

I am a sore winner sometimes admittedly.

i was this last night...guy ragequits on me when i x-ray'd him for the win. i crushed him both rounds pretty convincingly. does a D/C in ranked...then messages me and calls me a newb. we had about a half hour conversation, he was trying to convince me he was better. i offered to beat him with his own main, he kept saying no he doesn't need to prove anything because he knows he is better. notice he said he doesnt need to prove anything, yet he is writing me paragraphs on how he is better. he even said "my record is better"...his PSN: TeRRiFiED

in the end after i exhausted all attempts to let me show him i can beat him with his own main...with him dodging every attempt...i just said "your name suits you well" and left it at that.

nyght87

Noob
I never understood that insult "massive dick". Some might say massive in that case is better.

Anyway on topic, I don't really care when people send me messages after beating me and i usually only send messages to people after they rage quit. I will also sometimes send the other person a message after i win a few games trying to give them some pointers such as don't teleport as much, block more or whatever, i hope those people don't think I'm being smug or anything lol.

Rage quitting is the only thing i really hate in this game and i think it is the only thing that deserves hate mail.