What's new

General/Other - Sonya Blade Sonya Patch update Discussion Thread

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Didnt get buffs. Ex ring is no biggie. The extra damage on ex moves is so-so. Dive kick and parry nerfed.
she got more damage and a divekick nerf. the parry's nerf is meh.

it's more of a buff than a nerf. all covert ops moves and the divekick need a lot more -frames on block.

Dedlock

Noob
Sonya's base changes make her more complete as a character and fair, people worried and or unhappy about buffs to other characters should all go point fingers at flame fist liu Kang, his buffs have me quaking in my boots.

Sonya's ex moves are now on equal footing with everybody else and demolition is now worth the effort of mastering.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Sonya's base changes make her more complete as a character and fair, people worried and or unhappy about buffs to other characters should all go point fingers at flame fist liu Kang, his buffs have me quaking in my boots.

Sonya's ex moves are now on equal footing with everybody else and demolition is now worth the effort of mastering.
how's sonya NOW on equal footing? she was considered top10 already!

Dedlock

Noob
I keep hearing people say top 5 or top 10 but what do you have to show for these claims, has she won a tournament yet? Not to my knowledge,

Has she even made the finalists, no I don't think so

the truth is Sonya nowhere near what people made her out to be, and these buffs whilst minimal will help with her damage options.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
she got more damage and a divekick nerf. the parry's nerf is meh.

it's more of a buff than a nerf. all covert ops moves and the divekick need a lot more -frames on block.
They didn't really buff her top variation because she didn't need it. They nerfed her broken dive kick. Not sure what you're on about, as she's already unsafe on all her most used strings as well as options off of military stance.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
I spose, Change of subject, special forces combined with the new onion ring could be interesting.

Overall I am not sure where to start with her now.

I would rather have a safer meter grenade reload then the other changes

Reload for a meter would of been more interesting I think.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
They didn't really buff her top variation because she didn't need it. They nerfed her broken dive kick. Not sure what you're on about, as she's already unsafe on all her most used strings as well as options off of military stance.
not unsafe enough, and the gunshot is now a mid with +frames.

Dedlock

Noob
Been testing in.covert ops and my average combo damage has gone up, I was averaging 26 to 28 with my bnb's, and now things have surged to 30-33 with one bar.

The whiffed drop kick is very subtle but Its felt, so got to be more careful with it, other than its still the same on hit.

Also a drop kick, F+3 INTO ex leg grab = 25% damage!

Skedar70

Noob
You still don't get reload so I don't get it. Although I think ex ring really helps her reload mid screen if you force them to block
Can you explain to me how the ex ring buff is going to help with the reloads? I´m just not sure how to use it?

skater11

The saltiest
Been testing in.covert ops and my average combo damage has gone up, I was averaging 26 to 28 with my bnb's, and now things have surged to 30-33 with one bar.

The whiffed drop kick is very subtle but Its felt, so got to be more careful with it, other than its still the same on hit.

Also a drop kick, F+3 INTO ex leg grab = 25% damage!
Are you sure you can combo off f3? Lol that's crazy. I'm not home to test it out but dang.