What's new

Sonya Military Stance 4 Discussion

I wish her MS 3 had similar uses coz it might be her least used attack in general.
On the guide's Sonya combos it lists MS 3 dash + combo lol
Pre patch, just like Sindel's 2 1 yell.
ms3 mid dash uppercut combos at mid screem and if they are in the corner you can do ms3 ,d1 cartwheel or d1 to 1 to what whatever you want . . .

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
1st off how can a move go from -7 on block to +10 at a diff distance, thats messed up, maybe theres more like it?

anyway thanks for the vid reo, keep em koming

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Master D was using military stance xx 4 like woah against me at MLG. I had never seen it before and I was terrified of it lmao.
Exactly.

And I think if you block MS 4 in the corner while crouching and try to jump at all, d+1 will AA you, which can be followed up with a standing jab into 1,1,2. Very lame.

I wish her MS 3 had similar uses coz it might be her least used attack in general.
On the guide's Sonya combos it lists MS 3 dash + combo lol
Pre patch, just like Sindel's 2 1 yell.
You can use MS 3 in the same manner as displayed in this video.

A good go to combo from MS 3 or 4 after a reset in the corner would be:

- MS xx (3 or 4), d1, 1, 1, 21 xx cartwheel, dash 112 xx ms (repeat/mixup).

On block the MS xx 3 is: -4
On block the MS xx 4 is: - 1

You can likely get a d1 out afterwards and continue pressure, or check jump over attempts with stand 1.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Interesting.

I had never thought of using Sonya's 4 from Military Stance this way. At first I wondered why you would do that when you can just keep going into the mix-ups since 1 1 2 puts them in a "staggering" state, so to speak, but this gave some perspective.

I'll test this out and see how it feels. Thanks for sharing, REO.

REO

Undead
Yeah, ms~3 does the same thing but it's worse than ms~4 because of the lack of range, less chip on block, and it's -4. I think ms~4 overshadows it in just about every way. They even have the same start-up frames.