What's new

General/Other - Sonya Blade Sonya General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
F2 jails into a run-121 even at full distance whenever f2 hits.

You can actually OS this because inputting a quick run after an f2 will come out on hit but not on block.

F2 is also only -3 on block, so if you are playing Covert Ops and you have a nice let spaced f2 this is an awesome time for Parry since most characters can't hit you with low combo starters at this distance.

So for CO f2 is an even better footsie tool since you can OS it on hit to go for pressure/mixups and on block your opponent has to worry about taking hella damage from EX Parry.

**EDIT**
made a more in depth thread about this:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/sonya-post-f2-pressure-options.57692/

Last edited:

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
F2 jails into a run-121 even at full distance whenever f2 hits.

You can actually OS this because inputting a quick run after an f2 will come out on hit but not on block.

F2 is also only -3 on block, so if you are playing Covert Ops and you have a nice let spaced f2 this is an awesome time for Parry since most characters can't hit you with low combo starters at this distance.

So for CO f2 is an even better footsie tool since you can OS it on hit to go for pressure/mixups and on block your opponent has to worry about taking hella damage from EX Parry.

**EDIT**
made a more in depth thread about this:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/sonya-post-f2-pressure-options.57692/
Does f2 combo into MS 4

No idea if anyone messed with these at all, but I was labbing with Covert Ops and found all of her tick throw setups with Military Stance -> Throw:

Normals:
B1
D1
B2
D3
D4
All jump in normals

Strings:
B3,3
B3,3,2,1,2

Always nice to have some tick throw setups with a mixup character like Covert Ops :)

PS sorry if this was already discussed/disregarded as useless haha

Dedlock

Noob
No idea if anyone messed with these at all, but I was labbing with Covert Ops and found all of her tick throw setups with Military Stance -> Throw:

Normals:
B1
D1
B2
D3
D4
All jump in normals

Strings:
B3,3
B3,3,2,1,2

Always nice to have some tick throw setups with a mixup character like Covert Ops :)

PS sorry if this was already discussed/disregarded as useless haha
It's not discussed enough, although what bothers me most about MS1 is that it whiffs after some combo starters, it's range and "grab box" is confusing to say the least.

It's not discussed enough, although what bothers me most about MS1 is that it whiffs after some combo starters, it's range and "grab box" is confusing to say the least.
You mean as a combo ender? I only use 1,2,4 , 2,1,U4 , 2,1,3,4 and occasionally BF4 as combo enders so I have never actually run into issues with its grab box or whatever it's called

HugeMcBigLarge

Retirement my ass
No he's talking about on block, a lot of her moves will have too much hit stun so you can't use MS1 as a tick throw option. Only specific strings have it as tick throws, so a lot of the time a MS1 will whiff entirely afteer a very common opener. Try b14 MS1. You need to delay it to get it to hit. I don't think that can be changed without screwing over other variations that need more cancel adv. frames to get pressure (like grenades, drone, etc.)

Dedlock

Noob
No he's talking about on block, a lot of her moves will have too much hit stun so you can't use MS1 as a tick throw option. Only specific strings have it as tick throws, so a lot of the time a MS1 will whiff entirely afteer a very common opener. Try b14 MS1. You need to delay it to get it to hit. I don't think that can be changed without screwing over other variations that need more cancel adv. frames to get pressure (like grenades, drone, etc.)
exactly, its not really an option when you want to mix up after a you start a sting into MS cause it'll whiff! but it works fine as a combo finisher although its pointless to use it as a combo finisher as there a better more damaging ways to finish combos.

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
Why do people go for Starter, MS4, JiK, 12, 12, 12, 124 with Covert Ops as BNB?

Starter, MS4, 1, 12, 12, 12, 124 does more damage and is easier (IMO)

better yet, Starter, MS4, F4, 12, 12, 12, 124. It does 3% more dmg than the JiK standard BNB

HugeMcBigLarge

Retirement my ass
Good stuff Ayase. Once I get back in front of my console and can play with this and learn it myself, I'll update the combo thread. Will get it with all the openers and dmg #'s and such.

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
Good stuff Ayase. Once I get back in front of my console and can play with this and learn it myself, I'll update the combo thread. Will get it with all the openers and dmg #'s and such.
Cool, but make it with 12, 12, 12, 11, MS1 instead, deals more damage as an ender :) If 3 12s are too difficult online I only go for 2 into 11, MS1

HugeMcBigLarge

Retirement my ass
I'll test it, but my main complaint w/ MS1 as an ender is that they can tech roll and it's not really that + on hit, so they have a lot of time to tech roll, wake up, delay, jump out or anything.

2134/124 are both good hkd w/ enough time to pressure

Dedlock

Noob
Why do people go for Starter, MS4, JiK, 12, 12, 12, 124 with Covert Ops as BNB?

Starter, MS4, 1, 12, 12, 12, 124 does more damage and is easier (IMO)

better yet, Starter, MS4, F4, 12, 12, 12, 124. It does 3% more dmg than the JiK standard BNB
I only jik if I'm going to air throw them, it's always been like this or 12,12,12 ex leg grab.

JerQ_Q

Noob
Was just wondering about frame data, does hit advantage affect knockdowns too? If so does it determine when the rising animation start or when the player is back on its feet.

What is the frames for delayed standing?

MS1 hit adv is +11 and what I think the hit advantage is determining the start of the rising animation what leaves player vunerable to attacks. B1 is 12 frame move and B3 is 14 frame move leaving those perfect option to keep pressuring the oppoment after ending combo with MS1 as they will hit the oppoment 2nd frame and 4th frame after the rising have started. Making it impossible to just wake up without armor cos u will stuff them like a boss. Making MS1 somekind of "restand" tool, ofc oppoment can do normal wake up options but its up to you to read em. But if they decided to go with block its guaranteed 50/50 for you. I dont see hard knockdowns so usefull with CO Sonya cos I want my oppoment to be open for hits as much as possible.

If this what I have written here is correct it just makes the game pace rly fast during the wake ups, as you can instantly input ur next string no waiting needed. I hardly use any other combo enders than MS1 midscreen, corner. It works for me.

Correct me please if im wrong..

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Was just wondering about frame data, does hit advantage affect knockdowns too? If so does it determine when the rising animation start or when the player is back on its feet.

What is the frames for delayed standing?

MS1 hit adv is +11 and what I think the hit advantage is determining the start of the rising animation what leaves player vunerable to attacks. B1 is 12 frame move and B3 is 14 frame move leaving those perfect option to keep pressuring the oppoment after ending combo with MS1 as they will hit the oppoment 2nd frame and 4th frame after the rising have started. Making it impossible to just wake up without armor cos u will stuff them like a boss. Making MS1 somekind of "restand" tool, ofc oppoment can do normal wake up options but its up to you to read em. But if they decided to go with block its guaranteed 50/50 for you. I dont see hard knockdowns so usefull with CO Sonya cos I want my oppoment to be open for hits as much as possible.

If this what I have written here is correct it just makes the game pace rly fast during the wake ups, as you can instantly input ur next string no waiting needed. I hardly use any other combo enders than MS1 midscreen, corner. It works for me.

Correct me please if im wrong..
The hit advantage of a move that knocks the opponent down from a standing position determines how many frames the player can move before an opponent can perform a wakeup attack, and this is different from the advantage a player has against an opponent who is knocked down by the move but doesn't do a wakeup. These advantages are also different from if the opponent tech rolls and does a wakeup or tech rolls and doesn't do a wakeup. The advantage of a move can also change if you hit them with the move during a juggle :p

JerQ_Q

Noob
The hit advantage of a move that knocks the opponent down from a standing position determines how many frames the player can move before an opponent can perform a wakeup attack, and this is different from the advantage a player has against an opponent who is knocked down by the move but doesn't do a wakeup. These advantages are also different from if the opponent tech rolls and does a wakeup or tech rolls and doesn't do a wakeup. The advantage of a move can also change if you hit them with the move during a juggle :p
So it still leaves me wondering what determines that frame player starts to rise up? How do I count what is that frame.

And I knew that wake ups changes the frames ofc and thats why I mentioned that you need to make reads if those will happen.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
So it still leaves me wondering what determines that frame player starts to rise up? How do I count what is that frame.

And I knew that wake ups changes the frames ofc and thats why I mentioned that you need to make reads if those will happen.
Well that's the problem, it differs depending on how they were knocked down and if they tech rolled or not lol. The only way to really do that might be to record your footage at 60fps and look back over the footage in slow motion :/

Why is it you ask anyway? Are you testing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.