What's new

Combo List - Sonya Blade Sonya Blade Combo Thread

rayplay

Noob
I've been trying out some of the covert ops combos on the first page, and I'm on one part of them:

The damage seems wrong. For example, b14, db2 4, (walk forward) 21, grab (30%). Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but this combo actually does 24%. For b14, db2 4, (walk forward) 21, 213u4 (27%), the damage is also 24%. I'm not sure if I'm missing something or if there was a damage nerf recently (I've only had the game a few days now but I didn't see any covert ops damage nerfs to sonya in any patches), so I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing or if the damage info is incorrect in the post.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
I've been trying out some of the covert ops combos on the first page, and I'm on one part of them:

The damage seems wrong. For example, b14, db2 4, (walk forward) 21, grab (30%). Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but this combo actually does 24%. For b14, db2 4, (walk forward) 21, 213u4 (27%), the damage is also 24%. I'm not sure if I'm missing something or if there was a damage nerf recently (I've only had the game a few days now but I didn't see any covert ops damage nerfs to sonya in any patches), so I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing or if the damage info is incorrect in the post.
Throws at the end of combos were not scaling properly and have since been adjusted in the most recent patch.

Dedlock

Noob

Sonya's throw was scaled down in combos, they weren't that bad before and since throws can be broken out off using it was risky so this damage scaling has all but made throws null and void in combos because the decreased % damage is not worth the risk.

For the second one I think it ends with 2,1 u+4, as for damage for it should be around 24-25%, perhaps the topic creator included a dive kick in the damage tally.

redeyes

Button Masher
are all the combos on the OP the most optional for covert ops?

ive been thinking of picking up sonya, i miss my MS shenanigans.

Dedlock

Noob
yeah, use these as a starting point and you can come up with your own preferences in practice mode, furthermore online with lag is a different ball game its all about keeping it short and getting as much as you can get.

redeyes

Button Masher
yeah, use these as a starting point and you can come up with your own preferences in practice mode, furthermore online with lag is a different ball game its all about keeping it short and getting as much as you can get.
tbh this doesnt really answer my question.

im looking for most optimal idc about online lag shit, i play offline more then online these days.

im mainly confused cause there isnt any combos off of even divekick in the OP.

so when i land a divekick what should be my go to string afterwards to min max my dmg?

is 213 MS my go to punish for her?

i mean maybe i was just spoiled with how nice the cassie combo thread's OP was made.

Dedlock

Noob
tbh this doesnt really answer my question.

im mainly confused cause there isnt any combos off of even divekick in the OP.

so when i land a divekick what should be my go to string afterwards to min max my dmg?

is 213 MS my go to punish for her?

i mean maybe i was just spoiled with how nice the cassie combo thread's OP was made.
most of the combos on the first page can be performed right after landing a successful dive kick, as for your optimal selection, as i mentioned its up to you but for optimal damage it basically is one of the following after landing the dive kick

for me I always go for a B3,3,(2) MS but its better to mix things up with B1, 4 MS and 2,1,3 MS.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Thanks! I'm pretty sure I can get that last combo to be 70%, but timing is super hard. After X-Ray, I can do F4(cancel) block3(drone) but I'm having trouble connecting the rest after that. It's completely impracticable, as is the 68% combo. I doubt it could ever be done in a real match.

Inception

I love Kitana
I was so lost I was like the drone is not attacking or doing anything he is just chilling watching me get beat up. I need to understand the strategy behind this variation.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Without meter/JIP/Divekick and still getting a drone call afterwards the highest midscreen combo I got was 32. Is there a higher one?

Mavier

Noob
I know that, when elaborating a combo, we aim for high damage but, at least with sonya and sub zero (the two characters that i play) i found that the hard knockdow is more valuable.

For example, with covert ops, i always try to end my combos with 124, because it gives the hard knockdown so i can better time my attack (especially if the oppnent doesn´t have bar, free preassure in most cases)

In the corner i get 33% from a jump in punch and 27% midscreen (also from a jump in punch) both meterless, and i find the positioning after these combos to be excellent. Much better then ending my combos with 21u4 (although this can be usefull for the corner carry, but you´ll need stamina to run after the oponent) or 2134 (or anything into leg grab).

In a game where a lot of matches are decided by how you take advantage after knocking an opponent down, i find this strategy to be more useful.