What's new

Combo List - Sonya Blade Sonya Blade Combo Thread

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
Not seeing much demo sonya so I guess I'll post mine. Note: I like keeping meter for breakers and armor so everything is meterless (with one exception). Also I'm not a combo artist so these probably aren't "optimal" but whatever. I end in 1,2,4 cause its a hard knockdown
Midscreen

B3,3,2 - DF1 - 1,2 - RC 1,2,4 27%
B1,4 - DF1 - dash 1,2 - RC 1,2,4 23%
1,2,1 - DF1 - 1,2 - RC 1,2,4 (slightly walk forward after df1 connects) 25%

*Replace 1,2,4 with 1,1,1 - DD1 for safe grenade reload at the cost of 2% less damage

Corner

B3,3,2 - DF1 - NJP - 1,2 - 1,2 - 1,2 - 1,2,4 34%
B1,4 - DF1 - NJP - 1,2 - 1,2 - 1,2 - 1,2,4 31%
1,2,1 - DF1 - NJP - 1,2 - 1,2 - 1,2 - 1,2,4 32%

*For safe grenade reload only do one repetition of 1,2 into 1,1,1 - DD1 for 5-6% less damage
**Can also end combos in 1,1,1 - DB1 or DF1 for fun wu baiting and salt inducing rage (or just free plus frames yaaaaayayayayayayay)

Safe Grenade reload with no grenades:
Midscreen

B2 - DD1 (lol)

Corner

B3,3,U4 - 1,2 - 1,1,1 - DD1 21%
B1 - EX BF2 - D1 - 1,1,1 - DD1 17%
For you corner combos, you can do B332~DF1, njp, jik, 12, 12, 12, 124 which gives you 36%. You can also do B332~Df1, F4, 12, 12, 124 which gives you 35% as well. Also do you really need to only do one rep of 12 cause you can do 12 12 121~DD1 which allows you to block Kung Lao's Tempest spin which is 5 frames.

Last edited:

Ayane

Noob
People who don't know your +8. Which with how few Sonya's there are probably a lot lol. But yea since that's the case my as well mix them up!
Also midscreen you can do string>low kamikaze>b2>2134 as well. Not much of a dmg boost but its just as easy haha

Reactions: jmt

tolate

The Takeda Tech Leech
b33212, df1EX, njp, 12, 21u4 (39%)
b33212, df1EX, njp, 12, 12, 212, bf4 (42%)
b33212, df11, 12, df1EX, njp, grab (42%)
b33212, df1EX, njp, 12, 12, grab (45%)

these kombos are for the demo variation but you have them under spec ops.

thekablamster

It's good to be green (uses orange lantern skin)
Sorry if this has already been posted but a good meter less covert ops combo is b332, db2, 4, Jik, 12, 12, grab. Forward grab to continue corner pressure or backwards to get out.

lslick

Huh? There is no 114 string?
EDIT: oh I'm assuming you mean 124? Thanks.
I dont think she gets anything midscreen off the low. In the corner you can do 12, 12, 121~MS1. If you want more damage, you can replace the MS1 with Leg Grab instead. Just remember that you are taking them out the corner =[

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I dont think she gets anything midscreen off the low. In the corner you can do 12, 12, 121~MS1. If you want more damage, you can replace the MS1 with Leg Grab instead. Just remember that you are taking them out the corner =[
I'm definitely not taking them out the corner haha. I like the MS1 ender.

lslick

I'm definitely not taking them out the corner haha. I like the MS1 ender.
I have seen people post vids of people doing d2 to get them out the corner allowing you to do d1~leg grab to get them back into the corner. I believe it does about the same damage if not more. Not the easiest thing to do however.

Burnout

Keep et Classy
Corner Drone Combo aka Apple Watch Combo
[Special Forces]

Combo 1: jiP - b332 - Drone Parking - 11 - Drone Parking - Until Drone Flash - Low Kamekaze (when Drone flashing) - njP - jiK - 12 - 12 - 2134 - Summon Drone
Combo 2: Same as Combo 1 but end with Throw.

What's great is that you build similar or more than the opponent for this combo.
You can also start with 'b14' if you want more pressure added in the beginning.

Reactions: jmt

jmt

Noob
Corner Drone Combo aka Apple Watch Combo
[Special Forces]

Combo 1: jiP - b332 - Drone Parking - 11 - Drone Parking - Until Drone Flash - Low Kamekaze (when Drone flashing) - njP - jiK - 12 - 12 - 2134 - Summon Drone
Combo 2: Same as Combo 1 but end with Throw.

What's great is that you build similar or more than the opponent for this combo.
You can also start with 'b14' if you want more pressure added in the beginning.
Love that combo man. Can't quite get the drone cancel muscle memory yet though. That cancel loop is tough.

Last edited:

Dedlock

Noob
online I just B33 into military stance to much risk to go for the 2. otherwise just press your buttons gently, allow some space and in orderly manner, and it works, rushing it will not register.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
What ender do you all use in covert ops? I see a few flying around but almost none are HKD (21u4 isn't, ms1 isn't, 2134 isn't. Only 124 from what I've seen so far). I prefer the oki from HKD but feel like I'm missing out on damage.

EDIT: I use b14/b332, ms4, 12 rc 124 for 24/27%

Last edited:

jmt

Noob
What ender do you all use in covert ops? I see a few flying around but almost none are HKD (21u4 isn't, ms1 isn't, 2134 isn't. Only 124 from what I've seen so far). I prefer the oki from HKD but feel like I'm missing out on damage.

EDIT: I use b14/b332, ms4, 12 rc 124 for 24/27%
I keep seeing "rc". What is that?

What combo(s) are you guys doing after landing the low kick from military stance? In the corner only?
You can just go right into 12. no running needed. I just do 12, 12, 12 throw, or 12, 12, 21U4 because it looks cool. Any ender works after you're juggling with 12 just the same as always though. Depends on what you're setting up really.. You can use MB after the throw to set up another mixup, but this is a little weird because B3 wiffs if you don't step forward first. or get a HKD with a different ender to bait wakeups or just throw out a mixup if they have no meter, etc. anyway, yeah.. after MS 3, I just do 12.

jmt

Noob
You can just go right into 12. no running needed. I just do 12, 12, 12 throw, or 12, 12, 21U4 because it looks cool. Any ender works after you're juggling with 12 just the same as always though. Depends on what you're setting up really.. You can use MB after the throw to set up another mixup, but this is a little weird because B3 wiffs if you don't step forward first. or get a HKD with a different ender to bait wakeups or just throw out a mixup if they have no meter, etc. anyway, yeah.. after MS 3, I just do 12.
Thought you had to run? I'll try this out later when I get on.

I know this may seem like a stupid question, but what is the best way to practice using the drone in Spec Forces for combos? I see the BnBs and I'm trying to learn to use the drone, but it seems almost impossible. Any help?

Darko82

Noob
I know this may seem like a stupid question, but what is the best way to practice using the drone in Spec Forces for combos? I see the BnBs and I'm trying to learn to use the drone, but it seems almost impossible. Any help?
Your question isn't stupid. If you are more specific with your question people will be able to help you better though. Are you having issues with inputting the drone command ie. doing the string and the drone action not happening?