What's new

Match Footage SonicFox in Neutral

Killer Xinok

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015
Sonic fox is a monster at footsies, even his yolo slides are good. the only problem I see in him is that he loves to cancel pokes into specials (when he's not with EB obviously) that's hella punishable, but I don't see people punish him at this

AU_JUST_LOST

You just got Skadoodled
Lol, no they dont... Every fighting game has the capability to do that, but it requires a lot more work to initiate a combo from the fundamentals mentioned. For example, in Tekken, the majority of the match consists of spacing and pokes. In MKX, the pokes are either 50/50 starters or endless pressure, where the majority of the match ends up. The 50/50s in Tekken are either knockdowns or small damage. If a character has a low and mid launcher in Tekken, then at least one of the those launchers can be blocked on reaction. The same goes for SF

You cannot deny the fact that MKX spends the majority of the match in the corner + 50/50s.
I feel like A.) You don't play mkx at a medium high level, or B.) You bash the game because you are not fond of its playstyle. Regardless of what you cannot bash a game for it having stuff that EVERY fighting game has. If mkx was so heavily dominated by 50/50's and the corner, then cassie, sonya, and pre-patch raiden would've dominated, but they didn't. In tekken you claim that you use spacing and footsies alot(which if you're a good player, is literally used in every fighting game) but in tekken you literally do the same thing you do in mk. Ex: In tekken armor king has d3(amazing low poke) so that you can eventually use a hopkick or some other mid to mix them up. In mkx you do the SAME THING. You utilize a poke to go for a mix-up which(like in tekken is usually unsafe. In addition tekken has %60+ combos that will wall carry. Being on the wall in tekken (especially against dragonov or armor king) is definitely just as scary as anyone you fight in mkx. Now just because i compare the 2 doesn't mean that I think they are fundamentally the same. It is obvious that tekken is more spacing heavy, but mkx is 2d with projectiles while tekken is 3d where you (primarily) stick to hand-to-hand combat so comparing the two is awkward. Regardless of what if you don't like the game don't play it, but don't make claims about its neutral game when things that you assume are dominant are actually fairly manageable if you have half a brain and character knowledge.