What's new

Guide SonicBoomBrad's Quick Guide to Doomsday

E

Eldriken

I'm probably guessing those 'tough' matchups involve *cough*superman*cough*, but I got my Batgirl for that and I love the hatemail I get e.g. "Batgirl needs a good fisting".
Anyway I will start learning Doomsday today (because why not?!:)) I don't think people make out for him to be as simple as he is suppose to be. I can understand why MB Venom pisses people off because I feel so hopeless against Doomsday:(
Superman's only a bad MU in the sense that his stupid trait breaks our own. Most people that bitch about it usually bring it on themselves. They activate trait when he has his and is standing up. You either activate your trait after his runs out or after a hard knockdown (ES, 112, etc) and go from there. If he tries to activate his trait after you activate yours, you can punish him for it depending on the distance.

Doomsday's only "simple" to those who can't fight him because our repeated shenanigans work on them the entire time. If they can't block ES properly, I'm gonna continue to use it. If you can block it consistently, I'm gonna change shit up and show you that he's not 100% braindead. Sure, he's far more braindead than most of the cast, but he does have some depth to him. People just fail to see it because they see the same shit day in and day out when playing against Doomsdays and not learning how to defend against it.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I'm probably guessing those 'tough' matchups involve *cough*superman*cough*, but I got my Batgirl for that and I love the hatemail I get e.g. "Batgirl needs a good fisting".
Anyway I will start learning Doomsday today (because why not?!:)) I don't think people make out for him to be as simple as he is suppose to be. I can understand why MB Venom pisses people off because I feel so hopeless against Doomsday:(
I used to think the same thing. And I main the guy. But he kind of is.
At least as far as his tools go.
His matchups and approaches get complicated as fuck because you don't have exactly a plethora of options to pick from, but the ones you do have are as good as they get.
It's like if Rocco from the Boondock Saints had walked into the room with the 9 Russians and the six-shooter first.
Except his 6-shooter has incredible reload speed.
And armored bullets.
And he's made of rocks.
And he isn't really Rocco, he's Doomsday with a wig.

Sorry, I ran off the tracks with that one...

Superman's only a bad MU in the sense that his stupid trait breaks our own. Most people that bitch about it usually bring it on themselves. They activate trait when he has his and is standing up. You either activate your trait after his runs out or after a hard knockdown (ES, 112, etc) and go from there. If he tries to activate his trait after you activate yours, you can punish him for it depending on the distance.

Doomsday's only "simple" to those who can't fight him because our repeated shenanigans work on them the entire time. If they can't block ES properly, I'm gonna continue to use it. If you can block it consistently, I'm gonna change shit up and show you that he's not 100% braindead. Sure, he's far more braindead than most of the cast, but he does have some depth to him. People just fail to see it because they see the same shit day in and day out when playing against Doomsdays and not learning how to defend against it.
I couldn't have put it better myself:). I shall take your wisdom aboard and go show everyone... how to play with Doomsday, It has been my life-long mission. Watch out world, here I come.

E

Eldriken

I used to think the same thing. And I main the guy. But he kind of is.
At least as far as his tools go.
His matchups and approaches get complicated as fuck because you don't have exactly a plethora of options to pick from, but the ones you do have are as good as they get.
It's like if Rocco from the Boondock Saints had walked into the room with the 9 Russians and the six-shooter first.
Except his 6-shooter has incredible reload speed.
And armored bullets.
And he's made of rocks.
And he isn't really Rocco, he's Doomsday with a wig.

Sorry, I ran off the tracks with that one...
Run off the tracks all you want. So long as it contains stuff (references and the like) about the Boondock Saints, I'm up for reading it. :D

E

Eldriken

And why are we talking about KF in a DOOMSDAY Forum? Actually imagine if Doomsday had KF's slide?
It would be like a meterless MB Venom. O.O

But KF gets brought up in Doomsday forums whenever Rickyraws is around because his KF makes me really effin' angry. I don't usually give up or anything, but sometimes he makes me just put my damn controller down because I just can't beat him. I've very rarely even come close and he just screws that up. >:/

Every single time I see his name pop up when doing ranked matches, I just let out a massive sigh and get ready to lose, but try to give it my best effort 95% of the time. I need to make use of the fact that he's on my friends list and just do a ton of 1v1 sets.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?

But KF gets brought up in Doomsday forums whenever Rickyraws is around because his KF makes me really effin' angry. I don't usually give up or anything, but sometimes he makes me just put my damn controller down because I just can't beat him. I've very rarely even come close and he just screws that up. >:/

Every single time I see his name pop up when doing ranked matches, I just let out a massive sigh and get ready to lose, but try to give it my best effort 95% of the time. I need to make use of the fact that he's on my friends list and just do a ton of 1v1 sets.
;_; I'm sorry dude, but maybe it's just the MU. Didn't you do better with Batgirl?

E

Eldriken

;_; I'm sorry dude, but maybe it's just the MU. Didn't you do better with Batgirl?
Not yesterday. We only got matched up once yesterday and I picked Batgirl and probably only took about 20% of your first bar. I just gave up and let you finish mopping the floor with me.

I'd imagine that maybe Batgirl is more suited for the MU than Doomsday, however. Perhaps I should focus on her against you instead of using Doomsday.

Did I mention that KF is another one of my gripes in this game? Sometimes I end up fearing a character too much that I lose some of my ability to fight e.g. dropped combos, doing the wrong move etc. Even though I know I could beat some of my opponents is the character that challenges my ability. You have the privilege of fighting against a great KF player, use that to your advantage.

E

Eldriken

Did I mention that KF is another one of my gripes in this game? Sometimes I end up fearing a character too much that I lose some of my ability to fight e.g. dropped combos, doing the wrong move etc. Even though I know I could beat some of my opponents is the character that challenges my ability. You have the privilege of fighting against a great KF player, use that to your advantage.
I'm not gonna lie here. Knowing what KF can do in the hands of Rickyraws completely mindfucks me. It's as simple as that. There are SO many things that I CANNOT do against KF (as a character in general) and Rickyraws knows this and puts it to good use. d1~ES a blocked slide? Nope. Gonna eat an MB parry and get put into her absolutely frustrating vortex. Full screen MB Venom? Nope. See why I can't d1~ES a blocked slide.

Try to pressure her after a knockdown? Nope. Slide is invincible on wakeup. I could go on and on.

I really wonder if this is Doomsday's worst MU. I'd like to believe it is.

Rickyraws

Not yesterday. We only got matched up once yesterday and I picked Batgirl and probably only took about 20% of your first bar. I just gave up and let you finish mopping the floor with me.

I'd imagine that maybe Batgirl is more suited for the MU than Doomsday, however. Perhaps I should focus on her against you instead of using Doomsday.
That's the spirit!

Little did Eldriken know, Rickyraws was even more familiar with the Batgirl MU than Doomsday. May God have mercy on his soul.

E

Eldriken

That's the spirit!

Little did Eldriken know, Rickyraws was even more familiar with the Batgirl MU than Doomsday. May God have mercy on his soul.
Luckily Batgirl has more options available to her than Doomsday does. Batgirl doesn't rely on knocking you down whereas everything Doomsday does results in you being knocked down.

I'm not gonna lie here. Knowing what KF can do in the hands of Rickyraws completely mindfucks me. It's as simple as that. There are SO many things that I CANNOT do against KF (as a character in general) and Rickyraws knows this and puts it to good use. d1~ES a blocked slide? Nope. Gonna eat an MB parry and get put into her absolutely frustrating vortex. Full screen MB Venom? Nope. See why I can't d1~ES a blocked slide.

Try to pressure her after a knockdown? Nope. Slide is invincible on wakeup. I could go on and on.

I really wonder if this is Doomsday's worst MU. I'd like to believe it is.
Maybe you just need to play Batgirl against KF. She has the best matchups against most of the cast, this is why we always have a character that helps us with those bad matchups (hence a secondary). You could try WoWo (my secondary), but maybe that could be for another day.

Rickyraws

Luckily Batgirl has more options available to her than Doomsday does. Batgirl doesn't rely on knocking you down whereas everything Doomsday does results in you being knocked down.
That's good. I think you're over thinking our matches and giving me more credit than needed, they're never as helpless as you make them out to be. Just don't get phased by my shenanigans and you'll be fine. Like I said, I'll never use the Cyrax reset on you so that's another thing to not worry about.

Don't mean to derail Mr. Brad's thread, but I suppose I'm like Blind man in the fact that I get summoned wherever Killer Frost is mentioned.
She's a wonderful woman.

Maybe you just need to play Batgirl against KF. She has the best matchups against most of the cast, this is why we always have a character that helps us with those bad matchups (hence a secondary).
I agree. However:
You could try WoWo.

Good luck.

E

Eldriken

Maybe you just need to play Batgirl against KF. She has the best matchups against most of the cast, this is why we always have a character that helps us with those bad matchups (hence a secondary). You could try WoWo (my secondary), but maybe that could be for another day.
Batgirl is already my secondary and I'm currently in the process of making Killer Frost my third. Why? Well, I'd like to do with her what Mr. Raws does himself and I feel that learning a character's ins and outs helps you play against them better.

I've never even tried WoWo, to be honest. Maybe I'll give her a try.

E

Eldriken

That's good. I think you're over thinking our matches and giving me more credit than needed, they're never as helpless as you make them out to be. Just don't get phased by my shenanigans and you'll be fine. Like I said, I'll never use the Cyrax reset on you so that's another thing to not worry about.

Don't mean to derail Mr. Brad's thread, but I suppose I'm like Blind man in the fact that I get summoned wherever Killer Frost is mentioned.
She's a wonderful woman.
Well, I wouldn't say it's getting derailed 100%. We're at least discussing Doomsday for the most part. Albeit mainly consisting of me bitching how much I hate the DD vs KF MU, it's still Doomsday related. =P Perhaps SonicBoomBrad will come in and give me some pointers. >_>

Rickyraws

Well, I wouldn't say it's getting derailed 100%. We're at least discussing Doomsday for the most part. Albeit mainly consisting of me bitching how much I hate the DD vs KF MU, it's still Doomsday related. =P Perhaps SonicBoomBrad will come in and give me some pointers. >_>
Don't count on it. He has also made the switch to Frostology. Isn't that right, Mr. Brad?
SonicBoomBrad

She's a wonderful woman.

I agree. However:

Good luck.
Is Killer Frost's face suppose to go with everything? This image just ruined Diana:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: