What's new

SonicBoomBrad's post EVO matchup chart

KHAOTIC_BLAZE

Kickass squad aka razorblazemcg
You're retarded.

Getting in on DS is braindead easy. Even without trait or armor. You can't jump 3 me, I'll air grab you every single time. You can't shoot guns from half screen away because I will punish you with venom every time you try. IF you wake up, I'll blow you up for 35% into another knockdown set-up. And once I get the lead, you can't even go on the offensive because your dash is so garbage. Easiest match up DD has. I love Deathstrokes. I seriously almost made this match up an 8-2 but DS can actually beat me if I fuck up and get hit by like 15 gun shots.
How am I'm retarded in the BM MU? Its gets real ugly for BM if I knock down down or get him in the corner (it only takes two shoulders lol) yeah he has the parry but if the BM can't block ES its can be hell for him cuz he can't parry the ES.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
what does that have to do with anything he said?
7-3 implies that even someone with significantly less skill can beat you in the match up and someone of equal skill should very rarely, if ever, lose to you. Ducky and I went back and fourth at SCR and I don't know the Raven match up at all. Honestly it could be 7-3, I just don't think me or Ducky plays that match up at the level it could be played at.

Ducky is easily one of the best NRS players there is, I know he can play that match up well enough to beat top Doomsdays. That's why I'm on the fence of it being 7-3/6-4

She can do NOTHING but block once you knock her down in the corner. Deathstroke at least has wake up options to get him out of there.
Neither can 90% of the characters in this game.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
The best Raven player in the world could work on his defense a little bit IMO. The match up honestly could be 7-3, but I doubt it because of damage output and trait being stuff. That being said, Raven's wake ups are kind of ass and so is her offense, so if you get a life lead it can be pretty easy to shut her down. Also the only Doomsday he's lost to in tournament is Whiteboi as far as I recall, he beat Noobe at NEC.

I almost listed it as a 7-3 but decided not to at the last second because I was trying to be realistic about the match up.
He lost to DJT's alt DD at EVO.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Like real talk @KingHippo is actually the smartest Deathstroke I've ever played and the dude plays him with really good footsies and spacing. But that match up is almost unwinnable
About 2-3 months ago I would have agreed with you here. I was absolutely lost in the matchup and felt I had no options. However, I decided to really research the match and found a few interesting things and decided to use those against @Tm_whiteboi as a test. Turns out, they worked really well. My mindset (due to a few friends' coaching) changed from a blocked MB shoulder being Doomsday's strength to a blocked one being MY strength, and since DS has such a good jump, he can easily jump out of ill timed frame traps as well as the usual swinging afterwards. Between that new mindset, plus little things like maximizing my oki against Doomsday's poor wakeuo, learning how to backdash all forms of d1 xx ES, and disrespecting trait, I see no reason as to why this matchup isn't slightly even, with if anything a .5 adv in favor of 'ol Doomsday.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
DJT is the most solid player there is, playing a basic character with amazing footsies. People lose to PL's alt doomsday all the time. Doesn't mean either of them play the character badly.
I was saying he has just lost to more than just Whiteboi's DD. He lost to Whiteboi at SCR and MLG, and DJT at EVO. It's really bad. And he told me he almost lost to some random DD in his pool at EVO. Her wakeups suck, she can't play footsies. It's really bad.

SonicBoomBrad

I was saying he has just lost to more than just Whiteboi's DD. He lost to Whiteboi at SCR and MLG, and DJT at EVO. It's really bad. And he told me he almost lost to some random DD in his pool at EVO. Her wakeups suck, she can't play footsies. It's really bad.
I didn't get to see him play at EVO unfortunately.

SonicBoomBrad

Dam..... I guess I got to take my ass to xbox cuz I haven't got blown up by a BM with DD since they patch his B23 or gave DD two hits of armor on his shoulder.
You just need to zone him. If you're throwing bats you have to think every time you throw them, and if you feel like he's going to shoulder, wait and parry. You can reaction it from pretty much every range. When he has trait, double jump FORWARD when he gets close to you or venoms, and b23 if you don't react in time. It's really hard for Doomsday to touch Batman. Once he does is where he can win the match up.

KHAOTIC_BLAZE

Kickass squad aka razorblazemcg
You just need to zone him. If you're throwing bats you have to think every time you throw them, and if you feel like he's going to shoulder, wait and parry. You can reaction it from pretty much every range. When he has trait, double jump FORWARD when he gets close to you or venoms, and b23 if you don't react in time. It's really hard for Doomsday to touch Batman. Once he does is where he can win the match up.
I seen darth arma lost to noobe B
@Eldriken @KHAOTIC_BLAZE and at any other doomsday I've played, can I get your opinion on the Joker/Doomsday MU? Honestly I think its a hard 6-4 but I could see how it could be harder, I really would like your input on this MU please if you don't mind. Also @SonicBoomBrad
you right its 6 4 in DDs favor.

E

Eldriken

Like real talk @KingHippo is actually the smartest Deathstroke I've ever played and the dude plays him with really good footsies and spacing. But that match up is almost unwinnable.

Ducky would body you free just saying.
Never claimed I could beat Ducky or every Raven player out there. What has that got to do with anything?

E

Eldriken

@Eldriken @KHAOTIC_BLAZE and at any other doomsday I've played, can I get your opinion on the Joker/Doomsday MU? Honestly I think its a hard 6-4 but I could see how it could be harder, I really would like your input on this MU please if you don't mind. Also @SonicBoomBrad
I've always thought of it as an extremely hard 6-4 for Joker, bordering on a 7-3. But once Joker gets me knocked down, it's GGs unless you fuck up.

I personally feel Doomsday only has one 7-3 MU in his favor and that's against Raven.

I'm not saying Brad's MU is wrong, because it's based off of his opinion and experiences (which he's had many more experiences than I have), so I can't claim he's wrong, dumb, etc. I can just argue my opinion with his opinion. That's it.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I've always thought of it as an extremely hard 6-4 for Joker, bordering on a 7-3. But once Joker gets me knocked down, it's GGs unless you fuck up.

I personally feel Doomsday only has one 7-3 MU in his favor and that's against Raven.

I'm not saying Brad's MU is wrong, because it's based off of his opinion and experiences (which he's had many more experiences than I have), so I can't claim he's wrong, dumb, etc. I can just argue my opinion with his opinion. That's it.
Thats all I needed thank you bro.