What's new

SonicBoomBrad's post EVO matchup chart

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
This isn't to take away from Nick's chart. I honestly just felt like making one since I probably won't be doing much on this site anymore. I'm going to try to be as realistic as possible about these numbers as I can. So here we go.

Ares 7-3
Aquaman 4-6
Bane 4-6
Batgirl 5-5 (God help you if she gets going though)
Batman 4-6
Black Adam 5-5 (Possible 6-4)
Catwoman 6-4 (5-5 against @GGA 16 Bit )
Cyborg 6-4 (Used to think it was 7-3, then played @Relaxedstate at EVO)
Deathstroke 7-3
Flash 4-6 (Possible 3-7, It's not even worth it to play DD in this match up)
Green arrow 5-5
Green Lantern 5-5
Harley Quinn 5-5
Hawkgirl 6-4
Joker 7-3
Killer Frost 4-6 (Possible 5-5, have shit I didn't get to test)
Lex Luthor 6-4
Lobo 6-4
Martian Manhunter 5-5 (4-6 on Drones/Asylum)
Nightwing 5-5
Raven 6-4 (Trait/Good damage/6 frame d1)
Scorpion 6-4
Shazam 5-5 (Still think it could be 4-6 against a really good Shazam)
Sinestro 5-5 (Trait/Vortex/Normals/Wake up game/Can't duck fear blast/Fuck Sinestro)
Solomon Grundy 5-5 (Possible 6-4)
Superman 4-6
Wonder Woman 3-7 (You all know my reasons for this)
Zatanna 6-4
Zod 5-5 (Probably 4-6 on interactable stages where he gets free damage)

Winning: 11
Losing: 7
Even: 11

I personally think every Doomsday player should secondary Aquaman. I italicized all the match ups I think you should use Aquaman in. (inb4 HURR DURR YOU MEAN ALL OF THEM) Batgirl is hella weird cause you could use either, I feel like Aqua makes more sense though.

@Tm_whiteboi @AK SaltFace @Perfect Legend

Noobe doesn't use this forum so I'm not going to tag him, hold that shit.

This is just for fun by the way, so if you make an argument and I think it's stupid, I'll probably tell you I think it's stupid.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

I'm not saying you're wrong about Ares, I just want to know what makes it a 7-3 in Doomsday's favor.

@Mr Aquaman gives me a hard time. >_>

What do you do in the MU that makes it seem that much in Doomsday's favor? I might be doing something wrong.

SonicBoomBrad

I'm not saying you're wrong about Ares, I just want to know what makes it a 7-3 in Doomsday's favor.

@Mr Aquaman gives me a hard time. >_>

What do you do in the MU that makes it seem that much in Doomsday's favor? I might be doing something wrong.
Ares isn't scary for Doomsday in any situation. All you have to do it trait up and get the lifelead and then crouch block at full screen and there's literally nothing he can do. His normals suck, and his jump is floaty, so he's really easy to keep out if he's on the offensive. His teleport is ass aside from meterburn and that shit costs a bar. He's just as meter dependent as you are if he needs to open you up. His teleport is pretty bad on wake up. The only thing in my eyes keeping this from being an 8-2 and unwinnable is his damage output.

If you put both characters in any situation Doomsday has the advantage on a read IMO. It's basically a polar opposite of WW.

oNe87_Kentucky

Hunter, Not hunted.
I ran a nice long set with Eldriken. The 7-3 is definetly right. DDs footsies are very dominant. Teeth are a joke. AA grab takes away one of jokers best tools. Joker can't zone him without meter. The only thing Joker really has going for him is OTGs and his gun stopping you from traiting up.

SonicBoomBrad

Scorpion....is better?

Than deathstroke? :O
Yeah because Scorpion has a really fucked up mix up off of a teleport that PL was doing to me. I don't remember what the hell the set up was though.

Also PL takes games off me. When I find a DS that can take games off me, I'll let you know.

E

Eldriken

Ares isn't scary for Doomsday in any situation. All you have to do it trait up and get the lifelead and then crouch block at full screen and there's literally nothing he can do. His normals suck, and his jump is floaty, so he's really easy to keep out if he's on the offensive. His teleport is ass aside from meterburn and that shit costs a bar. He's just as meter dependent as you are if he needs to open you up. His teleport is pretty bad on wake up. The only thing in my eyes keeping this from being an 8-2 and unwinnable is his damage output.

If you put both characters in any situation Doomsday has the advantage on a read IMO. It's basically a polar opposite of WW.
Fair enough.

The only thing I dislike about the MU is that you can't really pressure him on knockdown 'cause of his stupid teleport. But, there are ways of dealing with that.

Other than that, I see all your points as being valid.

SonicBoomBrad

Fair enough.

The only thing I dislike about the MU is that you can't really pressure him on knockdown 'cause of his stupid teleport. But, there are ways of dealing with that.

Other than that, I see all your points as being valid.
I used to feel the same way but you learn to just accept it. Sort of like Shazam. (I love Shazam but he can go eat a dick in injustice.)

E

Eldriken

I used to feel the same way but you learn to just accept it. Sort of like Shazam. (I love Shazam but he can go eat a dick in injustice.)
Yep. A good set against Mr Aquaman a little while back taught me how to approach the MU a lot better. He used to make me really damn salty because I didn't know what to do and I'd just give up. Him and I had some damn good matches the last time we played because I finally decided to try and adjust. Needless to say, a lot of adjustments went on throughout all of our games.

He started off beating me 7-0 and then I ran it back to make it 7-7 and after that, it was adjusting for both of us all over again.

Like you said, it's all about making the right reads. I guess I'll just turtle a lot more when I have the life lead and punish accordingly.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Joker is 6-4, j1 can only be air snatched on a read and Joker has ambiguous 50-50 restands that stuff air snatch. Doomsday has to play a footsie game 90% of the time due to parry. Gunshot is most of the time a lost cause unless you do a feint to try and catch him once or read a dash in.

Once DD traits up you can 323 a dash of his on reaction or a blocked venom and leave the trait with only one rock left, you can also 212 gunshot dash cancel backwards.

Once a char is carried to the corner, a simple crossup or any sort of combo will give Joker a full reset.

The problem with doomsday is that you can't open him up if he doesn't do stupid shit and that he nullifies Joker's wakeup game while Joker doesn't return the favor.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Lol @Sinestro 5-5. Sinestro hasn't beaten Doomsday in tournament since January. It's definitely in DD favor, just 6-4 though.

Raven is definitely 7-3. When the best Raven player in the world almost loses to random Doomsdays, you know this is a incredibly bad matchup.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I kindly disagree with the ares number.

sir
ill briefly explain before panties come undone.
Ares builds more meter than anyone in this community might know, hes a monster, as long as I keep the meter even, push blocking every shoulder. Doomsday has 0 options to threaten ares. Other than dashing in which is hard against ares b1, even trying to bait it full screen by dashing once b1, 3 will hit or force a block where I am still safe. I do far more damage and have a chance to reset the damage to almost full life everytime I get a touch, and unless you play me, you will not understand just how broken ares teleport actually is. You will not react, you just will not, and everytime ares touches you its a 50/50 into big damage and it can be nightmarish. Doomsday holds the 2,2 frame trap like every other character in the game and ares can comfortably pressure him with b1, 22, d1 surprise, and the 50/50 off stand 3. As long as the meter stays even or in my favor I never feel threatened in this MU, and on my wu you have to guess which tele I decide to do, 4 options, turns into 5 when i decide to not tele and go for a trip gaurd when you jump back 3, dd's love to try that on ares. and trait? throw axe, buy a second, then teleport spam lol make you waste a bar on shoulder probably.

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
Almost every recent mu chart I've seen recently either has black adam losing it going even....
keep it coming

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I agree Catwoman loses.

Almost every MU chart is in line with my thoughts. Somehow I'm a downplayer though. I hate all of you. The animal girls are bills! (Except Babs)

SonicBoomBrad

The problem with doomsday is that you can't open him up if he doesn't do stupid shit and that he nullifies Joker's wakeup game while Joker doesn't return the favor.
Good luck with that in tournament.

Lol @Sinestro 5-5. Sinestro hasn't beaten Doomsday in tournament since January. It's definitely in DD favor, just 6-4 though.
I disagree. There's a lot of little things in that match up that make it even. If Sinestro plays smart it's definitely very hard for Doomsday to do anything. Plus I can't even duck fear blast. Might be 6-4 but once you get trait it's even no question.

Raven is definitely 7-3. When the best Raven player in the world almost loses to random Doomsdays, you know this is a incredibly bad matchup.
The best Raven player in the world could work on his defense a little bit IMO. The match up honestly could be 7-3, but I doubt it because of damage output and trait being stuff. That being said, Raven's wake ups are kind of ass and so is her offense, so if you get a life lead it can be pretty easy to shut her down. Also the only Doomsday he's lost to in tournament is Whiteboi as far as I recall, he beat Noobe at NEC.

I almost listed it as a 7-3 but decided not to at the last second because I was trying to be realistic about the match up.

KHAOTIC_BLAZE

Kickass squad aka razorblazemcg
I disagree with the BM MU chart I thinks its 5 5.Another question how the hell its 7 3 vs DS? DS is one of the few characters that can really irritate DD cuz of his j3 and none of his knockdown setups works on DS plus if I don't have metter it can be a pain of getting in even with trait.

E

Eldriken

I disagree with the BM MU chart I thinks its 5 5.Another question how the hell its 7 3 vs DS? DS is one of the few characters that can really irritate DD cuz of his j3 and none of his knockdown setups works on DS plus if I don't have metter it can be a pain of getting in even with trait.
Er. Doomsday does have knockdown setups that work on Deathstroke.

Mid screen? Land a sweep? Dash forward and neutral jump bodyplash. It beats ALL of his wake ups. Hell, it even turns his sword flip into his sword spin. Gives us a free punish. His only option is to not wake up and block or dash forward. But a Doomsday player can condition them to keep dashing out of the setup and instead of doing a neutral body splash after the dash, he can just Earth Shake and blow up the dash attempt.

SonicBoomBrad

I disagree with the BM MU chart I thinks its 5 5.
You're retarded.

Another question how the hell its 7 3 vs DS? DS is one of the few characters that can really irritate DD cuz of his j3 and none of his knockdown setups works on DS plus if I don't have metter it can be a pain of getting in even with trait.
Getting in on DS is braindead easy. Even without trait or armor. You can't jump 3 me, I'll air grab you every single time. You can't shoot guns from half screen away because I will punish you with venom every time you try. IF you wake up, I'll blow you up for 35% into another knockdown set-up. And once I get the lead, you can't even go on the offensive because your dash is so garbage. Easiest match up DD has. I love Deathstrokes. I seriously almost made this match up an 8-2 but DS can actually beat me if I fuck up and get hit by like 15 gun shots.

E

Eldriken

You're retarded.

Getting in on DS is braindead easy. Even without trait or armor. You can't jump 3 me, I'll air grab you every single time. You can't shoot guns from half screen away because I will punish you with venom every time you try. IF you wake up, I'll blow you up for 35% into another knockdown set-up. And once I get the lead, you can't even go on the offensive because your dash is so garbage. Easiest match up DD has. I love Deathstrokes. I seriously almost made this match up an 8-2 but DS can actually beat me if I fuck up and get hit by like 15 gun shots.
Easiest? Whaaaaat? That goes to Raven, dude. >_> She can do NOTHING but block once you knock her down in the corner. Deathstroke at least has wake up options to get him out of there.

SonicBoomBrad

Like real talk @KingHippo is actually the smartest Deathstroke I've ever played and the dude plays him with really good footsies and spacing. But that match up is almost unwinnable.

Easiest? Whaaaaat? That goes to Raven, dude. >_> She can do NOTHING but block once you knock her down in the corner. Deathstroke at least has wake up options to get him out of there.
Ducky would body you free just saying.