What's new

Tech Sonic Pound Ambiguous Set Ups Meterless.

so back to the tech. if you want some really stupid ambiguous tech I got a one. Mid screen once you get a SP knockdown neutral j1 21 SP and repeat. I have tried countless times to guess what side the neutra J1 will hit but it seems very random.

Xenrail

Noob
let me record the matches with my joker friend, If you think im kidding about him being good your an idiot....
P.S you're a douche.
you're*

and second a 600-100 joker is bad? his points were around 2k last i checked.

no one believes you because everything you back up with aren't facts or statistics. just oral supposition. second your posts sound petulant, so people here take you less seriously

he's just stating what flash has. that isn't very constructive and is very partial.

Flash has a SP & LC that are both +block when you meterburn it. True, but SP and LC both have no armor. Also unless LC is used on a wakeup, it does not have invincibility frames. You can hit him out of it by 1. using a projectile or 2. treating it like black adam's divekick. If he raw LC's you can full on punish it. SP meterburn you can just standing 1 him right out of the air and OOPS there goes a meter. If you do manage to land a MB SP midscreen, it pushes them back which makes it hard to setup. It's a viable +block in a corner setup, but you're better off going for that crossup instead for a confirm into damage. LC isn't +5 on block. It's +3, which is utterly negated once you're blocking low. Also he doesn't account for the recovery frames while MB LC. You're now even more airborne than a raw LC. That gives you less of a window to take advantage of the +3 if they failed to block low. You're only option is to d12.

The problem with flash is that a lot of everything he has can be avoided too easily and the problem with perfect legend's blog post is that it's too absorbed with stating facts and less analytical & critical

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
you're*

and second a 600-100 joker is bad? his points were around 2k last i checked.

no one believes you because everything you back up with aren't facts or statistics. just oral supposition. second your posts sound petulant, so people here take you less seriously

he's just stating what flash has. that isn't very constructive and is very partial.

Flash has a SP & LC that are both +block when you meterburn it. True, but SP and LC both have no armor. Also unless LC is used on a wakeup, it does not have invincibility frames. You can hit him out of it by 1. using a projectile or 2. treating it like black adam's divekick. If he raw LC's you can full on punish it. SP meterburn you can just standing 1 him right out of the air and OOPS there goes a meter. If you do manage to land a MB SP midscreen, it pushes them back which makes it hard to setup. It's a viable +block in a corner setup, but you're better off going for that crossup instead for a confirm into damage. LC isn't +5 on block. It's +3, which is utterly negated once you're blocking low. Also he doesn't account for the recovery frames while MB LC. You're now even more airborne than a raw LC. That gives you less of a window to take advantage of the +3 if they failed to block low. You're only option is to d12.

The problem with flash is that a lot of everything he has can be avoided too easily and the problem with perfect legend's blog post is that it's too absorbed with stating facts and less analytical & critical
he got all this by playing me the other night, and his theory was wrong, he just didn't know the MU and he was tired and burnt out and stuff so i guess now he's top 5.......

Zyphox

hold up let me stance switch mid match. oh shit i just got hit by a superman laser.
so are you going to be like this from now on....or you just pms'ing right now? let us know, you don't have to switch stance mid match to get the ambiguous version, just do f21 sonic pound and then you can do another f21 or neutral jump.

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
I have played at an intermediate level online and be hesitant to land a sonic pound no meter because wakeup's suck the guts out of me, but reversing inputs is never expected sooooo niceee; and if they do expect it baiting time right in their face. It seems my opponents usually catch on now that all of my pressure can be back dashed after a lighting kick, so better start applying this when I'm out of juicy meter.

Xenrail Now I'm motivated to find trait tech(no bars of course)!

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
This doesn't work on Green Lantern...I always land behind him regardless of which direction either of us are facing. I still think this has a lot to do with how wide the character is.

Zyphox

This doesn't work on Green Lantern...I always land behind him regardless of which direction either of us are facing. I still think this has a lot to do with how wide the character is.
yeah its also doesn't work on bigger characters like doomsday, hmmmm i'll have to test it out on them, make another video for them.

The_SNKE

BLT | RM
This is really good stuff. I can't test it till later but do the same rules apply on block? Could you potentially cross someone up mid-blockstring?

Zyphox

This is really good stuff. I can't test it till later but do the same rules apply on block? Could you potentially cross someone up mid-blockstring?
only in the corner on block with b22 or b22f3 sonicpound. midscreen batman and nightwing get hit cross up as well as scorpion i believe.

AYSAMO

Noob
If you were a better player than someone in MK9 you would actually win. Better footsies, deeper characters with multiple playstyls, anti airs, no interractables. Injustice has no chip damage and pressure is based around safe 50/50s which makes a shallow boring game.

You must be new, let me introduce you to the Player 1 advantage mirror match ft. DJ Input Bug. How 2 footziez when there's no trades?

Anyway, this is good shit to know. Being stance specific is a bit lame, but this will for sure help open up really defensive players a lot better then hit-confirming into LK will, especially against backdashers. I need more excuses to use sonic pound midscreen instead of saving it for the corner.

Zyphox

You must be new, let me introduce you to the Player 1 advantage mirror match ft. DJ Input Bug. How 2 footziez when there's no trades?

Anyway, this is good shit to know. Being stance specific is a bit lame, but this will for sure help open up really defensive players a lot better then hit-confirming into LK will, especially against backdashers. I need more excuses to use sonic pound midscreen instead of saving it for the corner.
being stance specific is a good thing imo that way you know which side you are on and they dont, also f21 sonic pound is the best imo it always leave you opposite side and you can do another f21 snf most characters can option select wake up, nor they know which side to block, its devastating total damage off of f21 SP, f21 SP mb combo is 78% O.O

AYSAMO

Noob
being stance specific is a good thing imo that way you know which side you are on and they dont, also f21 sonic pound is the best imo it always leave you opposite side and you can do another f21 snf most characters can option select wake up, nor they know which side to block, its devastating total damage off of f21 SP, f21 SP mb combo is 78% O.O

Assuming I can actually get a f21 to hit someone Ill definitely be sonic pounding after it now lol.

Zyphox

Assuming I can actually get a f21 to hit someone Ill definitely be sonic pounding after it now lol.
i like to open people up with a dash up sweep and LC mB, that way they start ducking more and not just walk back the whole game, sldo you can still try to OTG them after a sweep with a cross up SP mB so it works out well :)

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx

No I am not new here sir. Injustice is a casual game geared towards casual players. It has more bullshit in it than mk ever had besides bugs and glitches. Even against cyrax or kenshi, when I lost I felt I got out played never that I got scrubbed out. Injustice is the exact opposite. Since when do you need trades to have footsies? Do you even know what footsies are? Just because it's back to block doesn't mean the game has great footsies. This game have no Anti airs, Interratables, safe d1s, invincible backdashes, safe 50/50s, broken braindead specials and strings...where's the footsie game at? Pressure in this game is just go for a 50/50 if it hits great if it's blocked oh well i'm still safe or it's spam safe specials. MK is faster paced rewards aggression has a way better meter system and has a lot less gimmicks. If both games came out at the same time and MK had no bugs glitches and the same practice mode what would you play?

AYSAMO

Noob
No I am not new here sir. Injustice is a casual game geared towards casual players. It has more bullshit in it than mk ever had besides bugs and glitches. Even against cyrax or kenshi, when I lost I felt I got out played never that I got scrubbed out. Injustice is the exact opposite. Since when do you need trades to have footsies? Do you even know what footsies are? Just because it's back to block doesn't mean the game has great footsies. This game have no Anti airs, Interratables, safe d1s, invincible backdashes, safe 50/50s, broken braindead specials and strings...where's the footsie game at? Pressure in this game is just go for a 50/50 if it hits great if it's blocked oh well i'm still safe or it's spam safe specials. MK is faster paced rewards aggression has a way better meter system and has a lot less gimmicks. If both games came out at the same time and MK had no bugs glitches and the same practice mode what would you play?

Assuming MK wasn't broken and reduced to playing only 3 characters to win, I'd play that because I like the characters more. The game did not reward aggressive playstyles, Kabal and Kenshi were both characters that could sit fullscreen laughing at you trying to be "aggressive". By the time you get in on them and by chance hit them, they have meter for a breaker and repeat.

MK does not have real footsies, it has random advantage which is horseshit, as well as p1 advantage and an input bug. Half of the poking game was luck. This game has real footsies, it's just a lot more like other fighting games then it is MK. This game is more cerebral, it will reward you for actually being good at defense and/or offense.

If someone in Injustice is continuing to run the same strategies on you, there's plenty of awesome tools to blow through safe offensive, like a MB b3/f3, pushblock, hit trades to put both of you at neutral advantage again.

And there is way better AA in Injustice then MK I have no idea what you're talking about. I've explained this a few times, your character either has really strong air normals or really strong ground normals for anti-air. Aquaman's d2 beats everything, but his air normals are harder to work with as an anti-air. Flash has no options except his dragon punch for ground AA, but his j2 will stuff almost every air normal in the game. You just don't understand how to use these tools properly because you got blown up by a batman doing j2 over and over online, and a black adam using divekick which you probably don't know how to punish.