What's new

Tech Sonic Pound Ambiguous Set Ups Meterless.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Okay so we all know flash is dangerous with meter and trait right? but what about when he doesn't have either? well you can start by using b22 sonic pound to create a very ambiguous mind game with your opponent. opposite stance you always land in front, same stance you always land behind. using this tech, you can do an ambiguous neutral jump, an overhead, or a d1 check, or throw, meterless, traitless. let me know what you guys think.
LEGEND
Hellion_96
DGOD PSYCHO
SaJa
Xenrail
AK Harold
Perfect Legend since you want to put him in your top 5, here more tech to support it.
AK Pig Of The Hut same with you pig.
@ all the other flash mains yay

LEGEND

YES!
i use this. . .Sometimes. I do really like ending just in LK for another 50/50 followup though or you can complete the String into Far Sonic pound for 24%

this set-up is really just another 50/50, but i guess technically leads to more damage and can be beat by some wake-ups

Zyphox

i use this. . .Sometimes. I do really like ending just in LK for another 50/50 followup though or you can complete the String into Far Sonic pound for 24%

this set-up is really just another 50/50, but i guess technically leads to more damage and can be beat by some wake-ups
well thats the reason for f21 sonic pound and b22 sonic pound facing the same way, they dont actually know which way to input the wake up, then overhead f21 in sonic pound MB for 57%. so i like it and will be using it way more now.

LEGEND

YES!
well thats the reason for f21 sonic pound and b22 sonic pound facing the same way, they dont actually know which way to input the wake up, then overhead f21 in sonic pound MB for 57%. so i like it and will be using it way more now.
i said "some wake-ups" due to characters like DS who have wake-ups that option select.

Still, if the wake-ups do work you are eating damage out of this 50/50, where in the LK scenario you only have to eat a blockstring or poke.

Generally i'd say the LK ender is the go-to but vs people that don't know about this set-up and characters that don't have wake-ups that lower the risk/reward i would do it.

Zyphox

i said "some wake-ups" due to characters like DS who have wake-ups that option select.

Still, if the wake-ups do work you are eating damage out of this 50/50, where in the LK scenario you only have to eat a blockstring or poke.

Generally i'd say the LK ender is the go-to but vs people that don't know about this set-up and characters that don't have wake-ups that lower the risk/reward i would do it.
wake ups that option select? i don't get it so they can input the wrong direction for a wake up and it will still come out?

LEGEND

YES!
wake ups that option select? i don't get it so they can input the wrong direction for a wake up and it will still come out?
DS DB3 = DF3 if you cross him up

Supes DF2 = DB2 if you cross him up ECT

Also like if you were fighting BA and he guessed right and hit you with Lightning Cage you'll be eating serious damage. Where as in the LK guaranteed 50/50 you'll only be -5 and have to deal with a counter poke (or mix-up depending on the character)

So all-in-all i'd say this is definitely a good tool. Its just MU specific, and honestly i should figure out the pros and cons more precisely for each MU

Zyphox

DS DB3 = DF3 if you cross him up

Supes DF2 = DB2 if you cross him up ECT

Also like if you were fighting BA and he guessed right and hit you with Lightning Cage you'll be eating serious damage. Where as in the LK guaranteed 50/50 you'll only be -5 and have to deal with a counter poke (or mix-up depending on the character)

So all-in-all i'd say this is definitely a good tool. Its just MU specific, and honestly i should figure out the pros and cons more precisely for each MU
okay i get it, and yeah i an definitely see it working on some characters versus others. i'll also try to find out which character this works best on.

Zyphox

i feel the opposite actually, i felt like cross overs were scrubby, block button was scrubby, kabal was stupid broken...... i could keep going but whatever, i respect how you feel, and if you don't like this game than i hope you find a game you do enjoy and take serious if you want to do that.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
If you were a better player than someone in MK9 you would actually win. Better footsies, deeper characters with multiple playstyls, anti airs, no interractables. Injustice has no chip damage and pressure is based around safe 50/50s which makes a shallow boring game.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
i feel the opposite actually, i felt like cross overs were scrubby, block button was scrubby, kabal was stupid broken...... i could keep going but whatever, i respect how you feel, and if you don't like this game than i hope you find a game you do enjoy and take serious if you want to do that.
Yea kabal was broken if you played someone who used him for a year mastered all his cancels, learned the frame data, and mastered IAGBs. Kabal takes skill to use and plenty of matchup knowledge to win and he wasn't boring as fuck to play or watch. Compared to superman which is f23breath backdash zone with lazers back dash some more and sit there doing nothing or killer frost who is just slide vortex 50/50. Cross overs were not scrubby cause of the block button they were not even cross overs. The block button isn;t scrubby because of high chip damage, if you wanted to block all day you lost mad health. MK9 just had a bad netcode and needed one more patch that's it...but this is my opinion of course EDIT: The only true scrubby thing about mk9 was the wakeup system

Zyphox

Yea kabal was broken if you played someone who used him for a year mastered all his cancels, learned the frame data, and mastered IAGBs. Kabal takes skill to use and plenty of matchup knowledge to win and he wasn't boring as fuck to play or watch. Compared to superman which is f23breath backdash zone with lazers back dash some more and sit there doing nothing or killer frost who is just slide vortex 50/50. Cross overs were not scrubby cause of the block button they were not even cross overs. The block button isn;t scrubby because of high chip damage, if you wanted to block all day you lost mad health. MK9 just had a bad netcode and needed one more patch that's it...but this is my opinion of course EDIT: The only true scrubby thing about mk9 was the wakeup system
yea i guess we just have to agree to disagree, different strokes for different folks.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
well, this sorts out why I sometimes cross up and sometimes dont...I guess I always thought it was a character size thing...

Xenrail

Noob
Yea I pretty much stopped playing this game completely for obvious reasons
ranked. bodying noobs of course gets boring. playing better players and destroying them; getting post game messages about flash being underplayed. that's currently what i enjoy doing

anyways on topic. right now i have some meterless/traitless tech that's extremely hard to counter that i'm hiding from the community for selfish reasons. i'm gonna wait til another flash player discovers it :cool:

completely 100-0'd some 600-100 ranked joker online in the first round DGOD PSYCHO

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
ranked. bodying noobs of course gets boring. playing better players and destroying them; getting post game messages about flash being underplayed. that's currently what i enjoy doing

anyways on topic. right now i have some meterless/traitless tech that's extremely hard to counter that i'm hiding from the community for selfish reasons. i'm gonna wait til another flash player discovers it :cool:

completely 100-0'd some 600-100 ranked joker online in the first round DGOD PSYCHO
let me record the matches with my joker friend, If you think im kidding about him being good your an idiot....
P.S you're a douche.