What's new

Question - Erron Black someone exsplain Erron Blacks vortex.

erron blacks vortex ?

• Total voters

Schuyler

Noob
Question about Erron Blacks vortex. They say there's no wake up invincibility frames in this game and that the only way to "wake up" is if you have an armored move plus it gets rid of your stamina bar. And sonic fox said something like I wait to knock them down then hit them with the 50/50 but then wouldn't all characters have a 50/50 not just arron black ? I mean I think all characters have a launcher that starts with a low and a over head so shouldn't lets say cassie knock you down and you have no meter or stamina and she has a "vortex" too ? plus anybody with aromor can get out of arron blacks vortex when I think of vortex im thinking more along the lines of killer frost, scorpion, batgirl, and batman. They all reset there opponent standing with a certain move then they make the guess high or low to start a new combo and they can either rest them again or go for damage but with erron black it just seems he's hitting you with Radom mix-ups I just need someone to explain this too me.

ARMOR

Khaos God
Premium Supporter
Question about Erron Blacks vortex. They say there's no wake up invincibility frames in this game and that the only way to "wake up" is if you have an armored move plus it gets rid of your stamina bar. And sonic fox said something like I wait to knock them down then hit them with the 50/50 but then wouldn't all characters have a 50/50 not just arron black ? I mean I think all characters have a launcher that starts with a low and a over head so shouldn't lets say cassie knock you down and you have no meter or stamina and she has a "vortex" too ? plus anybody with aromor can get out of arron blacks vortex when I think of vortex im thinking more along the lines of killer frost, scorpion, batgirl, and batman. They all reset there opponent standing with a certain move then they make the guess high or low to start a new combo and they can either rest them again or go for damage but with erron black it just seems he's hitting you with Radom mix-ups I just need someone to explain this too me.
People don't know the mu well enough. They only did have a few days to play prior to the tournament

regulas

Your Emporer
Well Erron also has that grab so I think he has 3 options, that being said since MK doesn't have back block i'm not sure if anything is really a true vortex.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
IMO the nonstop pressuring from Sonicfox was training them to block and once he read you were in the mindset to block he started using the grab and sand more to break their rhythms. Its a case of Sonicfox steering them into making them perform the actions he wants that made it look so scary from what I saw. He would just outright lead people to meter burn their wakeups and blow them up and force them to use stamina up and then he'd pressure to death while they had no bars to help them deal with it. Like I said...Sonicfox pushed people into using the tools he wanted to leave them in the situations he wanted. If you could guide your opponent similarly with any of the other cast you could probably do the same. From what he said everyone has 50/50 stuff and if he's talking "deplete their bars and knock em down" then yeah...they sure would.

EmoScoobyDoo

Maybe I'll have something to say ... Probably not
A vortex does not require someone to be reset standing from my understanding, i.e. Akuma, seth, el fuerte, cammy, ibuki in SF Scorpion in MK9. Vortexes off of knockdowns are more common than ones off of standing resets if anything.

To be a vortex the 50/50 just needs to lead into a combo that gives the opportunity for that same 50/50

The reason a lot of the vortexs in Injustice had standing resets was because it led into frame advantage for moves that otherwise you wouldn't use to often because of startup time(killer frost's F3).

haketh

Noob
It's not really a vortex because if you guess right it ends, Erron is - afterwords & you can disrespect. It just didn't feel that way because Fox trained everyone so well.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
Gonna assume its like KI, backdash, jump or armour.
People should have armored in every reset. That's what SonicFox did every time they tried to reset him...of course, you have to know the resets, and he seemed to know most of them. Don't ask me how lol

ARMOR

Khaos God
Premium Supporter
People should have armored in every reset. That's what SonicFox did every time they tried to reset him...of course, you have to know the resets, and he seemed to know most of them. Don't ask me how lol
I also remember that Jung Jin had a slow last hit of a string which could be interrupted by armor and maybe a well timed backdash. It also seemed that scorpions reset doesn't have a lot of hit advantage. Sonic fox seemed to be the only one really implementing neutral jump punishes and armor punishes

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Does anyone know if you can tech throws which are performed mid combo? I'm thinking of sonic fox ending his combo with MB throw, which led to standing resets... Could those have been teched?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I also remember that Jung Jin had a slow last hit of a string which could be interrupted by armor and maybe a well timed backdash. It also seemed that scorpions reset doesn't have a lot of hit advantage. Sonic fox seemed to be the only one really implementing neutral jump punishes and armor punishes
This was a major factor to his play to. Folks would get trained to expect nonstop buttons from him and then suddenly they burn meter to armor out on wakeup and he blocks them. Like I said...he trains folks to make the move he wants. He's really something.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
I think those armored moves in between resets were the ones that put him ahead of everyone, which finally gave him the tournament win.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Gonna assume its like KI, backdash, jump or armour.
Depends on actual frame data. MK9 and IGAU vortexes didn't allow that.

...that being said since MK doesn't have back block i'm not sure if anything is really a true vortex.
I'm not sure why you think that.

It's not really a vortex because if you guess right it ends...
Then nothing is a vortex I guess?

Sonic fox seemed to be the only one really implementing neutral jump punishes and armor punishes
People jumped a lot, it's just that they were getting blown up every time.

d3v

SRK
A vortex does not require someone to be reset standing from my understanding, i.e. Akuma, seth, el fuerte, cammy, ibuki in SF Scorpion in MK9. Vortexes off of knockdowns are more common than ones off of standing resets if anything.

To be a vortex the 50/50 just needs to lead into a combo that gives the opportunity for that same 50/50

The reason a lot of the vortexs in Injustice had standing resets was because it led into frame advantage for moves that otherwise you wouldn't use to often because of startup time(killer frost's F3).
The proper term would be setplay, since vortex is too general and covers stuff that doesn't require knockdown (i.e. Marvel vortex).