What's new

Someone explain this to me

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Y'all really can't tell from the title of the video alone that his problem is the Starfire player doesn't get punished for playing like a complete scrub?

I think dude has a super valid point that people who mash out d1's when it's not their damn turn should get punished for it by players doing the proper reversals, but wtf do I know?

Fuck it I'll just say it.

STOP MASHING!!

You're -6 after 23. If you try to go for a d1, which is 6f, you're already at a -6 disadvantage, meaning your d1 will become 12f. Robin's flip, which is 9f, will become 3f since he's +6 after blocking 23.

3f is 4x faster than 12f, which is why the flip comes out before the d1.

Bruuuhhhh lol
you completely misunderstood this post. its obviously starfire players are getting away with mashing on their minus 6 frames and the autoblock lets them get away with it. This has been a problem in soooo many scenarios its insane to think youve never heard of this

Last edited:
No but he does raise an interesting point, one of the things about this game is that you can actually mash while blocking and be completely fine, this works against Supergirl really effectively in her b123 string. You can block b123 and mash your d1 and if the Supergirl player ends their string at b1 or b12 then you will get a guaranteed d1 because they are minus enough right?

Makes sense, apart from the fact that you can mash while your opponent is hitting you and still block. They can mash d1 for the entire string and if the Supergirl player commits to b123 then the opponent is safe despite the fact that they are using inputs.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that doesn't seem like it should be a thing that happens in this game. If you mash when minus and your opponent executes a faster reversal then you should get hit instead of blocking.
This is how almost all strings work unless there are small gaps. This is why staggers in this game are nearly non-existent and only existent with a select few strings. Pretty sad to see sooo many tym players knew nothing about this. Also supergirl is one of the lucky few that can punish this so i dont know why youre complaining.

myri

Time Warrior
This is how almost all strings work unless there are small gaps. This is why staggers in this game are nearly non-existent and only existent with a select few strings. Pretty sad to see sooo many tym players knew nothing about this. Also supergirl is one of the lucky few that can punish this so i dont know why youre complaining.
I wasn't complaining I was just illustrating the point of discussion. Also what do you mean I can punish it? If I end at b1 I'm -9, they get a d1 guaranteed, if I end at b12 I'm -11, they get a d1 guaranteed, if I complete the b123 I'm -4 and it's their turn anyway, there is no risk involved for my opponent.

I wasn't complaining I was just illustrating the point of discussion. Also what do you mean I can punish it? If I end at b1 I'm -9, they get a d1 guaranteed, if I end at b12 I'm -11, they get a d1 guaranteed, if I complete the b123 I'm -4 and it's their turn anyway, there is no risk involved for my opponent.
theres risk for them getting full comboed.

I dont think I should have to tell a supergirl player what to do as a player who has never played supergirl.

Its really obvious ill let you figure it out

myri

Time Warrior
theres risk for them getting full comboed.

I dont think I should have to tell a supergirl player what to do as a player who has never played supergirl.

Its really obvious ill let you figure it out
Okay, but I'm talking about using the b123 string to stagger, not about freeze breath. Besides that if your d1 is 6 frames and you have the tempo of your mash down you can OS b12 / b12 breath and interrupt it every time as well, also the fact you can even block the ice breath and mash d1 and get a guaranteed d1 assuming the Supergirl doesn't burn meter. If I'm wrong then explain why or you can just keep being a condescending person, doesn't make a difference to me.

Last edited:
Y'all really can't tell from the title of the video alone that his problem is the Starfire player doesn't get punished for playing like a complete scrub?

I think dude has a super valid point that people who mash out d1's when it's not their damn turn should get punished for it by players doing the proper reversals, but wtf do I know?

I like how you said proper reversals.... people get mad because you read they are going to start pressure with a high and get poked out and scream you're a scrub.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
This thread makes me want to just put my fist through my phone, you people are so stupid.

He has a good point, but everyone acts like hes an idiot while completely missing the point themselves... Even after he explains it again... This is literally irony at its greatest

DeftMonk

Noob
So one thing is that when you use a special move as a reversal it comes out 1 frame sooner djt posted this awhile ago. For all the people jumping on this dude... understand he is asking why isn't the masher getting punished and game is jailing him when he should get frame trapped

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
I've known about this issue for a while now. This is because of the down to block mechanic. Mashers can mash safely in this game unlike mkx because holding down allows them to block and they get a free poke mash os while being safe. It's not like mkx where to mash you had to let go of block. Pretty scrubby downside if you ask me

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
OP... You can't just bring up a legitimate question.

You have to slap on some big "LOL"s or "BRUH"s or a Game of Thrones picture with some clever words on it.

You know, really let them know that you get it and are smart and cool.

Then you'll have the respect of your peers.

It's because you're mashing D1 too early so it didn't come out because you're in blockstun but you still block afterwards because you're holding down
^ this is the answer.

The d1 is being mashed so the timing is off. It can be pressed too early and not come out, or pressed too late and not come out because she'll already be blocking.

Mashing you're going to hit buttons at 10 frame intervals (6 a second if you're really fast). So a 10 frame precision window. One button can be too early to come out, and then the next (which happens 10 frames later) is then too late because she's already blocking.

Last edited:

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
... sigh. This is why we can't have nice things. OP is asking a super legit question and even explained it again. Others have further explained his question. Please read the thread through before insulting the guy, it's a legit question and deserves a respectful answer.

Heroes beat me to it, but I think the issue is that since it's mashed you're missing the window, a little on either side isn't enough, you have to be really spot on. The inputs are falling during the blockstun, or after the autoblock itself has engaged.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
This was such a legit question, shame that people didn't understand what you were asking and tried to blow you up.

People have said it before me, but just to add, I think it's because when you're mashing, the button isn't actually being pressed in that 3 frame gap. If timed correctly, should be able to press a button in that gap and get hit for doing it.

gongfuren

Arma Virumque Cano
I think the easiest way to test if the mash isn't actually hitting in the 3-frame window is with a turbo-capable controller/arcade stick set to repeat with at least 30 Hz.

Unfortunately, I don't have the game, so it'll have to be someone else.

Last edited:

DeftMonk

Noob
I think the easiest way to test if the mash isn't actually hitting in the 3-frame window is with a turbo-capable controller/arcade stick set to repeat with at least 30 Hz.

Unfortunately, I don't have the game, so it'll have to be someone else.
Wtf why is this necessary? Is a 3 frame window impossible to hit??

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Fuck it I'll just say it.

STOP MASHING!!

You're -6 after 23. If you try to go for a d1, which is 6f, you're already at a -6 disadvantage, meaning your d1 will become 12f. Robin's flip, which is 9f, will become 3f since he's +6 after blocking 23.

3f is 4x faster than 12f, which is why the flip comes out before the d1.

Bruuuhhhh lol
Actually it comes out in 2 since it's a reversal. So yea. STOP FUCKING MASHING. I swear every Starfire player thinks everything is plus on block. Now you're probably wondering "But crazy, you poke with a 7 frame D1 after -3, doesnt that make you a masher" and to that I say, do as I say, not as I do.