What's new

Someone explain this to me

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Probably -6 from the first hit of that move she's doing. I believe the same issue was present in mkx, although it may have been fixed.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I think I have a feeling what you're asking and if I'm right then LOL

But are you asking why is robins sword flip coming out before starfires d1?

xKhaoTik

Fuck it I'll just say it.

STOP MASHING!!

You're -6 after 23. If you try to go for a d1, which is 6f, you're already at a -6 disadvantage, meaning your d1 will become 12f. Robin's flip, which is 9f, will become 3f since he's +6 after blocking 23.

3f is 4x faster than 12f, which is why the flip comes out before the d1.

Bruuuhhhh lol

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Fuck it I'll just say it.

STOP MASHING!!

You're -6 after 23. If you try to go for a d1, which is 6f, you're already at a -6 disadvantage, meaning your d1 will become 12f. Robin's flip, which is 9f, will become 3f since he's +6 after blocking 23.

3f is 4x faster than 12f, which is why the flip comes out before the d1.

Bruuuhhhh lol
I mean you didn't have to be a dick about it, lol.

But yeah, there's your explanation. @boba_buster

Rooks

Cold Azz Mulatto
Maybe another explanation will help. After 23 you are -6 making your d1 technically takes 12f, -6 from recovery and the actual 6 frames it takes to start up. Robin is at advantage 6f, which is technically the -6 penalty on your character. So while you have to wait the 6 frames to attack Robin does not, meaning the first 6 frames of his 9f are spent during YOUR recovery, effectually making it a 3f which beats your 6f d1.

Rooks

Cold Azz Mulatto
She's -6 with a 6 frame d1 (12frames) vs a 9 frame reversal
So there should be 3 frames for the d1 to "start up" and get hit befor the active frames start
So why is the game stopping the d1 from starting is my question??
You are not taking into account that Robin is "+6" after blocking your attack. The truth is he is not really plus 6 but that he is not effected by the -6 that your character is so he can start acting 6 frames faster than you can, effectively being +6.

gongfuren

Arma Virumque Cano
Maybe another explanation will help. After 23 you are -6 making your d1 technically takes 12f, -6 from recovery and the actual 6 frames it takes to start up. Robin is at advantage 6f, which is technically the -6 penalty on your character. So while you have to wait the 6 frames to attack Robin does not, meaning the first 6 frames of his 9f are spent during YOUR recovery, effectually making it a 3f which beats your 6f d1.
No, he's saying that it should beat his d1, but the d1 isn't coming out. The game is forcing him to block even though he's mashing out d1.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Y'all are confusing yourselves with bad math

At -6 she has 3 frames of free movement befor the 9 frame reversals first active frame
So why doesn't her d1 begin the animation and get her hit by the dp?
She should be 3 frames into the animation when the first active frame of robins reversal makes contact
So my question really is , what is the mechanic that governs this reaction and how does it work?

xKhaoTik

Y'all are confusing yourselves with bad math

At -6 she has 3 frames of free movement befor the 9 frame reversals first active frame
So why doesn't her d1 begin the animation and get her hit by the dp?
She should be 3 frames into the animation when the first active frame of robins reversal makes contact
So my question really is , what is the mechanic that governs this reaction and how does it work?
The real question is why are you mashing when it's clearly not your turn?

And LOL at bad math

myri

Time Warrior
No but he does raise an interesting point, one of the things about this game is that you can actually mash while blocking and be completely fine, this works against Supergirl really effectively in her b123 string. You can block b123 and mash your d1 and if the Supergirl player ends their string at b1 or b12 then you will get a guaranteed d1 because they are minus enough right?

Makes sense, apart from the fact that you can mash while your opponent is hitting you and still block. They can mash d1 for the entire string and if the Supergirl player commits to b123 then the opponent is safe despite the fact that they are using inputs.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that doesn't seem like it should be a thing that happens in this game. If you mash when minus and your opponent executes a faster reversal then you should get hit instead of blocking.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I can't do frame date math for shit and even I get why it doesn't work.

It isn't SUPPOSED to work.
By doing 23 to begin with, you've reached the point of "Do not mash, for any reason, at all."
Putting yourself in negative frames = you can't mash your way out of it.

Doctor'ed.