What's new

Tech Some Sinestro tech

LEGEND

YES!
Just a few things i found in the lab the other day that i haven't seen posted in the forums. None of it is really ground breaking stuff, and some of it is pretty gimmicky but i think its all worth mentioning

1) Instant air Axe (DB1) is plus on block. Giving you a free D1 check and possible throw-mix. Not sure of the exact number + frames atm

2) If an instant air Axe hits you can land B2/B1-Shackles for a full combo

3) 22D2 and 223 are hard knockdowns and when used as combo enders they can set up a cross-up game with your Ji1 (223 requires a dash in first). Useful in certain MUs when zoning isn't really an option or if you have trait up and you want to rush that shit down

4) After you land a B13 you can dash to the other side of them and hit D1-Shackles to continue the combo. Useful if you need to reverse positions whether it be for corner advantage or use of a stage interaction

5) Canceling a blocked 22 into trait is only slightly minus on block, can be used as a bait and punish by back dashing into B13 or just MB B3

6) Well this isn't "Tech". Just a new BnB off B13:
B13, B3, Ji3, Ji2, D1-Shackles, Ji2, B213 = 34%

Timing for the D1-Shackles is somewhat strict, everything else isn't too difficult

7) D2 to B1-Shackles. Fairly certain this is anything new, but i don't see anyone use it. all AA BnBs should come from this starter imo

And i think thats it. Hopefully some of this stuff can be of use to you guys.

Let me know what you think

Pig Of The Hut
WoundCowboy
SomeCubanGuy

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Take a look at my corner combo and midscreen combo threads. I went over most of this. Thanks though.

With b13 you can dash to the other side and link the 111 combo. It is easier to perform, does more damage, and gives more options.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Just a few things i found in the lab the other day that i haven't seen posted in the forums. None of it is really ground breaking stuff, and some of it is pretty gimmicky but i think its all worth mentioning

1) Instant air Axe (DB1) is plus on block. Giving you a free D1 check and possible throw-mix. Not sure of the exact number + frames atm

2) If an instant air Axe hits you can land B2/B1-Shackles for a full combo

3) 22D2 and 223 are hard knockdowns and when used as combo enders they can set up a cross-up game with your Ji1 (223 requires a dash in first). Useful in certain MUs when zoning isn't really an option or if you have trait up and you want to rush that shit down

4) After you land a B13 you can dash to the other side of them and hit D1-Shackles to continue the combo. Useful if you need to reverse positions whether it be for corner advantage or use of a stage interaction

5) Canceling a blocked 22 into trait is only slightly minus on block, can be used as a bait and punish by back dashing into B13 or just MB B3

6) Well this isn't "Tech". Just a new BnB off B13:
B13, B3, Ji3, Ji2, D1-Shackles, Ji2, B213 = 34%

Timing for the D1-Shackles is somewhat strict, everything else isn't too difficult

7) D2 to B1-Shackles. Fairly certain this is anything new, but i don't see anyone use it. all AA BnBs should come from this starter imo

And i think thats it. Hopefully some of this stuff can be of use to you guys.

Let me know what you think

Pig Of The Hut
WoundCowboy
SomeCubanGuy
I like all this info

#3 for the cross up game, need to explore that more and use it

#4. yea i meant to post this, you can dash under and do 111 shackles or 22 or whatever. This is cool

#5. I do want to explore this, nice

#7. Off a Jump in AA you can do d2 b3 combo but on a standing or low d2 hit yea this works or b12 or b13 shackles.

Good stuff :)

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Finish combos with 223 after a shackle, get a dash into an ambiguous cross up with JI1, into 22 as you don't have to hit confirm which side you end up on, and on block do 223, it has pushback at -5, get your dash back and scout a whiff punish, obviously on hit do 22 shackles.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
My favourite find with Sinestro is learning to hitconfirm trait into super.
For the hard knockdown off of 223, you need to find an option that can also punish a forward dash, Jump 1 will beat both backdashes and will cross up, but the moment he goes into the air you can just forward dash out. I dont think air axe will beat out a forward dash either.

This is actually something I hadn't considered. I always punished AA's with D2 to 3-shackles. Pushes them back three quarters of the screen, but doesn't allow a combo after shackles. Good man.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
For the hard knockdown off of 223, you need to find an option that can also punish a forward dash, Jump 1 will beat both backdashes and will cross up, but the moment he goes into the air you can just forward dash out. I dont think air axe will beat out a forward dash either.
hmmt trait?

LEGEND

YES!
just a few additions to previously mentioned tech and then some new ideas and ways to use pre existing tech/strategy

1) 1B2-Trait cancel is neutral, or possibly -1

2) an instant air axe is + enough lock your opponent into blocking a 22 string, they must block it or they will get hit (if they jump hit confirm with D1-Shackles, otherwise just hit confirm the 22). On block you can choose to push away by completing the string 223 or by canceling 22 into trait for a mix-up

3) Trait shot followed instantly by B3 up close. Locks people into a B3, they must armor out or block otherwise they will eat 34% minimum.

4) B3 Charge/Cancels while trait is up. This allows you to have a + on block, long range, full combo launcher ready to rip while you dash in. Any attempt from your opponent to wiff punish these B3s, dash in/away or even punish the charge itself will be met by a trait shot (sometimes with a full combo depending on the situation). I would say this is MU dependent since sooo many characters have full screen tracking projectiles that are near instant. . .

5) You can combo off of F2D13 with trait. So far i got F2d13, 4, FB at 22% (MB FB for 26%) and F2D13, 4, Shackles, MB Impact Event for 26%

You can also combo off of F2D13 in the corner with D1-Shackles, which is probably known but i just happened to figure this out

Got interrupted. . . will finish later

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I have been doing the f2d13 trait combos to and got the same damage. Also don't forget his 56% meterless corner combo off his f2d13 string.

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
If it's done as they get up, they cant escape an instant Air Axe. It beats forward dashes clean. And if they block you're at advantage again. It's a very good mixup off a hard knockdown.