What's new

Guide - Dragons Fire Some Liu kang Kombos +Pressure discussion

Sigh, why do people still think Liu didn't lose his block infinite?
It's already gone, they nerfed the block advantage of Flying Kick MB to be +2 instead of being more than +10.
i see . so if a character doesnt have a move thats 6 frames or quicker and has no meter then it still counts as an infinite. agreed?

yeh i suppose they can backdash after the fk mb then . dumb question but how many negative frames can you be in order to back dash? , im guessing 2 then , as 2 frames invincibility in backdash? , im a noob

AssassiN

Noob
yeh i suppose they can backdash after the fk mb then . dumb question but how many negative frames can you be in order to back dash? , im guessing 2 then , as 2 frames invincibility in backdash? , im a noob
Not sure, but I think in MK X all you need is 1 frame. Just a question if you can time it right.
I have no idea how long invincibility lasts when you backdash.

ZOOM

Noob
F21 Got nerfed everyone on BLock, its like negative 6, So Don't do F21 11 To gimmick anymore. Its really bad. They're kind of destroying the characters pressure, but we can see what we can make out of Liu Kang! Altho I'm losing hope, his anti airs suck as it is, and his jump ins whiff on crouching hit boxes

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
F21 Got nerfed everyone on BLock, its like negative 6, So Don't do F21 11 To gimmick anymore. Its really bad. They're kind of destroying the characters pressure, but we can see what we can make out of Liu Kang! Altho I'm losing hope, his anti airs suck as it is, and his jump ins whiff on crouching hit boxes
It is not -6 on block.

Also he has great footsies, he doesn't need to jump. If you want to crossup use j4.

ZOOM

Noob
It is not -6 on block.

Also he has great footsies, he doesn't need to jump. If you want to crossup use j4.
His footsies are average compared to the rest of the cast.
Lius balanced , but lets not overrate him.

He will have a handful of tough Match ups but he's very balanced, a good player should be able to win most the MU's.

Cept for Sub. Sub shits on liu... very bad

What liu kang is good for is that, on knock down on read, B1 Breaks any armor in the game

Last edited:

AssassiN

Noob
His footsies are average compared to the rest of the cast.
Lius balanced , but lets not overrate him.

He will have a handful of tough Match ups but he's very balanced, a good player should be able to win most the MU's.

Cept for Sub. Sub shits on liu... very bad

What liu kang is good for is that, on knock down on read, B1 Breaks any armor in the game
Liu has great footsies and I'm in love with his B4 when it comes to AA'ing.
B1 does not break any armor in the game, good luck breaking Sub's EX slide when it doesn't even hit him.

I have yet to still understand how Sub destroys Liu.

ZOOM

Noob
Liu has great footsies and I'm in love with his B4 when it comes to AA'ing.
B1 does not break any armor in the game, good luck breaking Sub's EX slide when it doesn't even hit him.

I have yet to still understand how Sub destroys Liu.
You sir are stupid. learn to do it.

Alakai

Noob
Speaking of breaking armour, has anyone been able to stuff Cassie's ex nut punch wake up? I can't get the timing with b12