What's new

Guide - Dragons Fire Some Liu kang Kombos +Pressure discussion

ZOOM

Noob
113 B12 B213 Flying Kick - meterless 26% Midscreen

113 B34 Bicycle kick B21 Flying kick - meterless 31% Midscreen

113 B34 X ray(on second hit of 4) - Midscreen 46%

F33 Bicycle Kick MB NJP walkforward, B34 bicycle kick B213 Low dragonf fire -Midscreen to corner 39%

113 B34Bicycle kick B213 Flyinh kick meterless 33% Corner

F44 Bicycle kick MB, NJP, Ji2 Fireball 1, B213 Low fireball 38% corner one bar

(This one is kind of tough, but is doable in a match, just needs practice) its at 2:28 I mest it up a few times.

B213 Fire ball MB, B21 Bicycle Kick, 112 Low fireball -39% corner 1 bar

Pressure discussion

Liukangs D3 is not +4 like stated in the data. I tested it out, I tried D3 into B1(should be a frame trap by the numbers), but Reptile is dashing to punish inbetween.

113 is whiff punishable for Liu kang, it's not too good.

22 high overhead is also whiff punishable

F3 Is an interesting move. it's a one hit low, you can hit confirm into bicycle kicks, But I like to play it safe. Dragon punch (db2) is -1 on Block. it's safe. Its a free way to get in/chip someone and it cannot be punished. Can make for a guessing game.

F3DB2 =Amazing Footsie

End any string into DB2 on Block. it's free Lmao.

Combo potential feels limited with Liu Kang, hopefully you guys can build upon this.

Can anyone add to these Kombos?

Next time I post it will be about fireball cancelling, i will be testing them out. Strings into fireball cancel might add for frame traps (Possibly)

Legion DC

"Another weakling..."
I tried B213 it starts with an overhead that knocks the opponent down before I can complete the string.

F33 Bicycle Kick MB NJP walkforward, B34 bicycle kick B213 Low dragonf fire -Midscreen to corner 39%

(This one is kind of tough, but is doable in a match, just needs practice) its at 2:28 I mest it up a few times.

Pressure discussion

Liukangs D3 is not +4 like stated in the data. I tested it out, I tried D3 into B1(should be a frame trap by the numbers), but Reptile is dashing to punish inbetween.

F3 Is an interesting move. it's a one hit low, you can hit confirm into bicycle kicks, But I like to play it safe. Dragon punch (db2) is -1 on Block. it's safe. Its a free way to get in/chip someone and it cannot be punished. Can make for a guessing game.

F3DB2 =Amazing Footsie

Combo potential feels limited with Liu Kang, hopefully you guys can build upon this.

Next time I post it will be about fireball cancelling, i will be testing them out. Strings into fireball cancel might add for frame traps (Possibly)

Pressure discussion

F3DB2 =Amazing Footsie

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

Pressure discussion

F3DB2 =Amazing Footsie

FYI there is already a combo thread and a general discussion thread to talk about pressure. Most of this stuff is in those threads already. keep grinding and posting but make sure to read other threads first.

oleg44

Noob
guys, could you please explain game plan for Liu Kang since it can't really pressure? Are you just spamming f3-db2, and punish opponents mistakes?
thank you in advance)

actually on the new pdp fight pad, but it can also be done on the ps4 controller, just a little bit harder to do
Ok cool, Im not sure I'll ever to be able todo that I don't think my thumbs move that fast I tried for like 2 hours the other day and couldn't cancel out of the fireball into anything fast enough

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
guys, could you please explain game plan for Liu Kang since it can't really pressure? Are you just spamming f3-db2, and punish opponents mistakes?
thank you in advance)
I think a good part of his gameplan is controlling space with his low fireball and making the opponent either block low so you can knock them down with b2 or jump so you can anti air them. From a knockdown, in Flame Fist I think the character should focus on zoning because of the crazy damage his buffed fireballs do, but in Dragon Fire you may want to run up and pressure after a knockdown.

In Dragon Fire, you can use f21 (+2 on block, universal), f213 fireball cancel to be stupidly plus, or f44 bicycle kick mb to be at stupidly plus You can get a VERY long true block string by mixing these last two options which will probably get nerfed. Basically just block confirm f213 in fireball cancel and f44 into bicycle kicks, and learn to his confirm.

oleg44

Noob
I think a good part of his gameplan is controlling space with his low fireball and making the opponent either block low so you can knock them down with b2 or jump so you can anti air them. From a knockdown, in Flame Fist I think the character should focus on zoning because of the crazy damage his buffed fireballs do, but in Dragon Fire you may want to run up and pressure after a knockdown.

In Dragon Fire, you can use f21 (+2 on block, universal), f213 fireball cancel to be stupidly plus, or f44 bicycle kick mb to be at stupidly plus You can get a VERY long true block string by mixing these last two options which will probably get nerfed. Basically just block confirm f213 in fireball cancel and f44 into bicycle kicks, and learn to his confirm.
Thanks a lot! Now it's much clear to me. Could you tell couple words about corner game?

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Maybe I'll make one tonight with the highest midscreen combos I've found along with viable pressure, break down, and ways to fight vs liu.

AssassiN

Noob

It doesn't seem that Bicycle Kick MB is + on block, I'd say Liu is in negative frames but safe.
Flying Kick MB on the other hand...

@oleg44
What Phos said.
For F44, you can input FBF(make sure negative edge is off) and hitconfirm into Bicycle kick. On block you can go for Flying Kick MB or Fireball Cancel. I recommend you start learning Fireball cancels, I think they'll become a huge part in Liu's pressure game in Dragon Fire.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
It doesn't seem that Bicycle Kick MB is + on block, I'd say Liu is in negative frames but safe.
Flying Kick MB on the other hand...

@oleg44
What Phos said.
For F44, you can input FBF(make sure negative edge is off) and hitconfirm into Bicycle kick. On block you can go for Flying Kick MB or Fireball Cancel. I recommend you start learning Fireball cancels, I think they'll become a huge part in Liu's pressure game in Dragon Fire.
Woops, meant to say Dragon Kick MB.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Thanks a lot! Now it's much clear to me. Could you tell couple words about corner game?
The corner game is the exact same; in FF end your combos with buff if you don't have it and abuse f21 because they can't backdash, and in DF just do the same pressure game as you do midscreen. B2 hard knockdowns are even better in the corner because you don't need to run to get to them, and you can stuff a lot of wake's with b21.

oleg44

Noob
The corner game is the exact same; in FF end your combos with buff if you don't have it and abuse f21 because they can't backdash, and in DF just do the same pressure game as you do midscreen. B2 hard knockdowns are even better in the corner because you don't need to run to get to them, and you can stuff a lot of wake's with b21.
thank you!) love that forum!

if liu kang has one bar even and the opponent has 0 bars then you can juat infinite cant you? , its what i found vs ppl. obviously like f213 fb cancel , f213 fb cancel , f44 / f213 fk mb f213 fb cancel etc etc . keeps going just keep an eye on your stamina . broke as hell . this will be nerfed soon so enjoy while it lasts

if you end up somehow doing bicycle kick mb on opponent blocking and putting yourself at minus 1 . go straight into f12 bicycle kick after . i found this has hit everyone so far because everyone goes into a string after they see they blocked that . im not sure why you would use bicycle kick mb most the time to be fair but still ppl fall for it . (obviously opponent has to be standing on the block string)

AssassiN

Noob
if liu kang has one bar even and the opponent has 0 bars then you can juat infinite cant you? , its what i found vs ppl. obviously like f213 fb cancel , f213 fb cancel , f44 / f213 fk mb f213 fb cancel etc etc . keeps going just keep an eye on your stamina . broke as hell . this will be nerfed soon so enjoy while it lasts
Sigh, why do people still think Liu didn't lose his block infinite?
It's already gone, they nerfed the block advantage of Flying Kick MB to be +2 instead of being more than +10.