What's new

Some Information on the Beta (beta code schedules, mainly)

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I think the reasoning behind the only online thing is that they want to test the servers before launch day. I'm actually not expecting anything except online 1v1 again.

Practice mode would be sick lol. But hey, it's MUCH better than nothing lets be honest.
That's true, but they're opening the beta up to WAY more people than the last one. The majority of people are going to be using online, so it wouldn't hurt to have some more variety in terms of what's available.

Crossing my fingers that Geras will be in the beta.
I think, if anything, all the characters in the reveal build will be in the beta as soon as it goes live. Although I really wanna see Jade and Kabal playable as well. I'd expect that as the beta goes on they'll add some characters though.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
99.99% chance that everything will reset. I can't think of a single game where unlockables didn't reset from beta to retail. Wouldn't even get my hopes up.
Yeah, I get it, I guess the practice we'll get is a good enough trade.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
You know what would be freaking awesome? If they gave different people at random different characters access we've seen so far. Like some people would get just the Jan event roster, or just 4 of them say some fans got Baraka, Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Sonya.

Others would get Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Skarlet and Geras.

Others would get Jade, Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Raiden

Others Raiden, Skarlet, Jade and Kabal

etc, etc I think this would be awesome lol. Thanks for reminding me I have to activate my code, preordered it few weeks ago just been so busy but I better do it now lol.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
All characters need to be playable right? If not, how can you test if they aren’t buggy?
90% of modern betas aren’t even betas.

NRS betas are among the group that are literally just demos you have to pre-order the game to access. They’re usually older builds with almost everything except a few characters and stages locked, so you have a small taste. They’re also so close to release nothing major would be changed. They’re probably against putting the full game in the beta for fear of casuals getting their fill on the beta and then canceling their pre-order at the last second.

I’d love to be surprised but I doubt it’ll actually be a legitimate beta.

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
I don't think I saw this get posted, so thought I'd throw it up here: WB Games Support MK 11 Beta Pre-order FAQ. No new information really, but it does officially confirm that the beta starts on Mar 28.

No end date is given, but it actually makes sense for there to be no official end date. The object is obviously to collect a lot of online play data, and I'm sure they want good samples from different world regions, different times of day, different server loads, etc. So it makes sense to keep the beta going as long as necessary. At the same time, I'm sure they want to reserve the right to take the servers offline if they need to patch something up, so they're not going to promise a specific length either.

So I'm betting we won't get a hard end date, but with luck they'll just leave it running until shortly before launch.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Not too sure how I feel about the possibility of a beta lasting until release.

From what I understand (and someone can correct me if I'm wrong), Street Fighter V had a month-long beta right before release, and I heard that the beta's length and timing had a negative effect on the game. For example, I remember people (Aris comes to mind first) mention that when SFV released, it already seemed like an old game because people had been playing it for a month, and there wasn't the huge maelstrom of hype that you'd come to expect with a new game debuting. I'd personally prefer a beta that just lasts a week or so at most to give a taste of the game before release, and to allow the devs to collect sufficient data.

E

Eldriken

If the beta is only during the weekends, that would explain its length.

I hope that's not the case, however. I'd like to play it more often than that when it becomes available to download.

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
I can confirm that bol.com is the largest online retailer in the Netherlands and their info is highly trustworthy. They do not just put info up on their website unless it's been approved by the publisher. You can reach this page by going to the Mortal Kombat 11 product page and clicking on the link "learn everything you need to know about the beta". This is definitely legit unless WB Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg) gave them te wrong info.

Last edited:

Famousatnight

I'm only famous at night.
I don't understand why would beta last for almost one month? And finish just few days before the game release?
Sounds weird.
My guess is that the beta will be in weekend spurts. So it'll be Friday - Sunday, April 5 - 7th, then they'll shut servers down, look at the data, then reopen servers Friday April 12th - Sunday April 14th and expand the beta (send out round 2 of codes) and collect more data, and so on.

That way there's only like 12 (or so) actual beta days but spreading them out over a month gives them a chance to add and analyze content each week giving them lots of time to address any really serious issues that may crop up before launch.

Here's my 'prediction': PC will not get a beta / demo, despite having a its pre-orders up before consoles, and despite needing a net-code rehearsal much more than consoles do... Because Denvuo is useless, consumer-punishing garbage and the game would end up online, for free, before it was even released!

:coffee:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Here's my 'prediction': PC will not get a beta / demo, despite having a its pre-orders up before consoles, and despite needing a net-code rehearsal much more than consoles do... Because Denvuo is useless, consumer-punishing garbage and the game would end up online, for free, before it was even released!

:coffee:
also because of the data mining risk .... we don't want all the story mode spoiled already ! ;)