What's new

Some Information on the Beta (beta code schedules, mainly)

Someone posted this on reddit. It's from a large Dutch retailer. Thanks @Eldriken for opening this up again.

Here is the translation of the most important part:

Beta lasts from march 28 until April 23. Its the second sentence. No need to speak dutch to understand this :)

It also says the following:

"All customers who preordered Mortal Kombat 11 after going live will receive their beta code weekly on Friday on the following days: Friday, April 5, Friday, April 12 and Friday, April 19. From April 19 we will no longer send out beta codes"

So if the beta didnt last until release they wouldn't need to send codes on the 19th.

Below is a translation for those that already entered their code:

'You can enter your betacode before beta starts. but remember you cant download the beta until it is live. If you enter your code prematurely, you have to go back and download the content again when the beta starts'.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
That is a long beta. If it's real, good for us. Unless everything resets and you have to re-unlock all the things you've unlocked over a months time which would be a bit ridiculous.

E

Eldriken

I don't understand why would beta last for almost one month? And finish just few days before the game release?
Sounds weird.
Perhaps they'll be keeping an eye on the data they collect throughout the beta and use it prior to the launch or a day 1 patch.

Or, if it really is a month long, they'll update the beta during its duration based off of feedback, data received, etc.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So unbelievable that I don't actually believe it'll happen...
Same. Could be a misinterpretation. It's probably meaning "here's the beta start date for the game that comes out on X date". The only other date I see listed is the April 23 release date, and I don't think I've ever seen a game run a beta for a month all the way until the actual launch date.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
That is a long beta. If it's real, good for us. Unless everything resets and you have to re-unlock all the things you've unlocked over a months time which would be a bit ridiculous.
99.99% chance that everything will reset. I can't think of a single game where unlockables didn't reset from beta to retail. Wouldn't even get my hopes up.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
If that's the case, I might as well close the thread. Is this translation 100% accurate? Just wanting to double-check.
They guy who translated it is from Holland, same as the original image, so I'd guess so. :p
GrandmasterLK on the NetherKast discord did the work. ^^

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Thanks for updating @BlackShade

It's interesting because as skeptical as I was earlier, I can't really imagine "separate betas" for different people. That would mean what, my beta would expire and then some guys on the 5th get one? Then theirs expires and some late guys on the 12th get one? Then the 19th? I dunno, sounds like a weird way of doing business.

Seems more likely that they would do similar to that GGPO beta MKX did where they started with a few characters, and gradually added more and more characters until they were ready to rock.

I don't wanna get hype, I'm scared to get hype, but if this is really what happens, I don't care about nothing else in the meantime lol.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Hmm... how exactly will we be receiving these codes? I didn't give anyone my email address?

I'm confused.

I downloaded the inactive-beta already because the code they gave me to enter, but do I need a separate code to have access to the beta on one of these dates?

Hmm... how exactly will we be receiving these codes? I didn't give anyone my email address?

I'm confused.

I downloaded the inactive-beta already because the code they gave me to enter, but do I need a separate code to have access to the beta on one of these dates?
It also says this. 'You can enter your betacode before beta starts. but remember you cant download the beta until it is live. If you enter your code prematurely, you have to go back and download the content again when the beta starts'.

So you just need to go back download the content again when beta starts. you don't need a separate code.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Idk about all these separate beta dates, but I actually thought about the beta lasting a month. I figured it'd be a week before official release though. But, I honestly wouldn't mind it lasting right up until the game comes out. I feel like that final week would feel like torture after playing lol.

Injustice 2's beta lasted almost a month. I just hope they have some more content other than online 1v1. I would love if they had some towers of time, local 1v1 and allow me to play against AI in just single matches outside of towers (Which is what I do most of the time in MKX)

I feel like since they're opening up the beta to a TON more people, then we're likely to see some options. If it was at the reveal event I think it should be in the beta.

I'm hyped though. Just 30 days until the beta. Just one month.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Injustice 2's beta lasted almost a month. I just hope they have some more content other than online 1v1. I would love if they had some towers of time, local 1v1 and allow me to play against AI in just single matches outside of towers (Which is what I do most of the time in MKX)
I think the reasoning behind the only online thing is that they want to test the servers before launch day. I'm actually not expecting anything except online 1v1 again.

Practice mode would be sick lol. But hey, it's MUCH better than nothing lets be honest.

Crossing my fingers that Geras will be in the beta.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Has anything been said officially from WB or NRS?

It's kinda Kool too have a beta that long.

Curious to see and hear what sorts of data they want besides the obvious.