What's new

Breakthrough Solomon Grundy Reset #666

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Yeah, man, I want everyone to play with it and see what we can do. Just remember that like 1man3letters said it can't be neutral jumped but can be jumped forward or backwards. Try to play with Ji2 directly into WC for reset,because it does about 5% less then when you do Ji2 2 WC but I believe cannot be escaped at all.

oh damn, gotta try this out

alright so i tried the ji2wc, but i keep jumping out of it, but when I do it any faster, the grab completely whiffs

any idea why this is happening?

was testing out j2~wc there like u mentioned, it works :D
i was testing using a neutral jump 2 into wc rather than a crossover 2 but to get it to work the 2 needs to strike the opponent below the knee and hit in the shin area, when i did they neither neutral or fowards/backdwards jump would escape

legion maybe edit the op with whats been found so far

honestly tough this aint tat good for the same effect u could do ji2 b1 WCC and get advantage or close enough
i hate not bein able to record ive so many little tricks i wanna put up
B1 WC is definitely escapable by jumping out. Because if you cancel b1 into WC it just combos, and if you delay opponent will jump out.

was testing out 2~wc there like u mentioned, it works :D
i was testing using a neutral jump 2 into wc rather than a crossover 2 but to get it to work the 2 needs to strike the opponent below the knee and hit in the shin area, when i did they neither neutral or fowards/backdwards jump would escape

legion maybe edit the op with whats been found so far
Cool, but what do you mean.Standing 2 has to hit him below the knee???or ji2???

1man3letters

Oh, excellent man!!!! Can't wait to get home and try what I can do with that. I added stuff about jumping out and ji2 reset. Do you want me to add details about the height where Ji2 must hit???
yea id say mention the height as it escapable if not done as low as possible and not easy to get that 10 for 10.
havnt been able to get it to work off a crossup,yet.

Also 1man3letters can you check if this is true about f2 2 WC creating the reset. Because fr stack is surely wrong about b1 WC being inescapable.

f22~wc can be escaped with forward/back jump but not neutral jump

BurdManJR270

Bigg Burd
So, are we in here with a Ji2 Grundys? If so I will record a new video of the double reset! Great works guys. So glad I made the switch to this community. Let's keep on building off of each other and churning out this tech!

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
The jumping 2 reset can be escaped by backdashing. You can also recreate the J2 reset by doing J2~F22~Walking Corpse. But the last 2 can whiff on occasion for no reason. This still has its uses caise if they try to jump or back dash, you can cancel the WCC and do D2 or 2~EX Swamp Hands and get another combo.
BurdManJR270 just record my 123% combo instead ;).

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
B1 WC is definitely escapable by jumping out. Because if you cancel b1 into WC it just combos, and if you delay opponent will jump out.
Also 1man3letters can you check if this is true about f2 2 WC creating the reset. Because fr stack is surely wrong about b1 WC being inescapable.
wen u cross up the second 2 in f22 will hit and that cancelled into WC they cant jump or at least the ai cant

The jumping 2 reset can be escaped by backdashing. You can also recreate the J2 reset by doing J2~F22~Walking Corpse. But the last 2 can whiff on occasion for no reason. This still has its uses caise if they try to jump or back dash, you can cancel the WCC and do D2 or 2~EX Swamp Hands and get another combo.
BurdManJR270 just record my 123% combo instead ;).
Do you know if the lowest possible nj2 can be escaped by backdashing?because I checked just now and it can't be jumped forward or backwards. Is backdash faster than a diagonal jump?

EDIT: actually I have spent an hour trying it and it seems inconsistent. Either have to do something with AI jump timing or it just random, but AI can't always jump it regardless of if nj2 done lower then opponents knee. Sometimes I hit it higher and AI can't jump it 1man3letters what do you think?

1man3letters

Do you know if the lowest possible nj2 can be escaped by backdashing?because I checked just now and it can't be jumped forward or backwards. Is backdash faster than a diagonal jump?

EDIT: actually I have spent an hour trying it and it seems inconsistent. Either have to do something with AI jump timing or it just random, but AI can't always jump it regardless of if nj2 done lower then opponents knee. Sometimes I hit it higher and AI can't jump it 1man3letters what do you think?

im not sure on the backdash vs diagonal jump speed thing,ill try do some testing later.
nooby said the wc after 2 can be backdashed no matter how low its done so i dont know if were going to get a fully non-escapeable reset.

hmm im not sure if the AI jumps on 1st possible frame on 1st jump, certainly doesnt on back to back AI jumps but when i test things with jumping i always use a 2nd pad/stick holding up as if human were doing it

im not sure on the backdash vs diagonal jump speed thing,ill try do some testing later.
nooby said the wc after 2 can be backdashed no matter how low its done so i dont know if were going to get a fully non-escapeable reset.

hmm im not sure if the AI jumps on 1st possible frame on 1st jump, certainly doesnt on back to back AI jumps but when i test things with jumping i always use a 2nd pad/stick holding up as if human were doing it
Ok, then I should probably remove from OP the part about J2 reset being enascapable, every one agrees?

So, are we in here with a Ji2 Grundys? If so I will record a new video of the double reset! Great works guys. So glad I made the switch to this community. Let's keep on building off of each other and churning out this tech!
Looks like it's escapable as well. Still a nice option. I think you should record a maximum damage double reset with standing 2 WC just for the option if the opponent doesn't know this set up or can't react in time. We could also record this set up with WC being canceled to punish either jumps or backdashes.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
have any of u guys had issues doing this too low?? i get it below the knee and the walking corpse doesnt connect , strange but suits me fine just another variation of WCC :)

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die

How I tested it was I was Superman. And I recorded Grundy doing the J2 until I wasn't able to angle jump out of it (or neutral jump). Back dashes as you probably know have invincibility frames on start-up. And is probably the one of the fastest moves in the game.