What's new

Breakthrough Solomon Grundy Reset #666

Basically, standing 2 into Walking Corpse isn't fast enough to combo but is unblockable. EDIT: Standing 2 WC (as it turned out:)) can be jumped forward or backwards, not by NJ. But Grundy can always cancel his WC into d2 for anti air (if they jump) or a combo of your choice to punish backdashing.Special thanks to all the Grundys here ( 1man3letters , ll Nooby ll , BurdManJR270 who helped me to figure this out. This Reset using escapable 2 WC does 99% damage total for 3 bars of meter (first part : Ji2 112 MB Swamp Hands Ji2 2 = 32% and second part: MB Walking Corpse 1 b2 MB Dead Air b1 Health Chain Grab = 67%) without the Power Chain Damage Boost or any form of Grave Rot active. Adding One bar in the form of MB Dead air in the begining of the first part of the Reset (making it Ji2 112 MB Dead Air B1 MB Swamp Hands Ji2 2 = 43%)you will get 110% total. Having Damage Boost from the Power Chain active will make it 116% total (first 32% part becomes 39% and second 67% become 77%). With Power Boost active and 4 bars of meter it does 128%!!!(first 43% part becomes 51% and second 67% become 77%). AAnd with GR on top of MB GR activated beforehand it does over 130%!!!!But is impractical so I didn't bother trying to count that:)

ll Nooby ll
AK L0rdoftheFLY
BurdManJR270
Gruff757
AdmiralAugustus
@All Grundy Mains

BurdManJR270

Bigg Burd
Oh god, so what about some WCC pressure off of a 2 for resets don't stop?

EDIT: Never mind, they can block anything out of a WCC. :( Still gonna mess around with it. Great find!

Oh god, so what about some WCC pressure off of a 2 for resets don't stop?
Oh shit, man, you are right! This could be huge as well!Just checked it on block against Lex's Corp Charge as reverse attack. The opponent doesn't know if you will cancel the WC, but even if you cancel you will absorb most attacks and end up kicking him with standing 2. If they block they are in the same situation again - 2 WCCancels Pressure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DAMN!

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
legion666 hey man that u stated 2~wc cant be jumped out of, it can, just not by a nj, have to jump forward/backwards.
ares can nj it for some reason though,maybe few others can but i think everyone can escape.
wcc still a option on there escape i guess though.

nice reset all the same :)

legion666 hey man that u stated 2~wc cant be jumped out of, it can, just not by a nj, have to jump forward/backwards.
ares can nj it for some reason though,maybe few others can but i think everyone can escape.
wcc still a option on there escape i guess though.

nice reset all the same :)
Oh really?but I can swear I tried to jump out myself from the recorded Grundy. But you probably right, I will check it later myself as I am at work now and correct my mistakes. Thanks for checking too. If you can jump it, we need to check Ji2 WC! Because I think it does more hitstun!!!!

a
Jesus man, I hope you can't escape this. Check out this double reset I just came up with after messing with your tech!

Nice, I thought about it too,yours with Power Chain Damage boost(let's abbreviate it PCDB - I am tired:)) and 4 bars does 34%+61%+33%=128% the same as mine single reset with the same meter and buffs:)
Don't worry if it is really escapable I think you can reset with Ji2 WCC. By the way can you check if 2 WC is escapable by jumping forward/backwards, and if it is check the Ji2 WC. I am at work:(

BurdManJR270

Bigg Burd
a
Nice, I thought about it too,yours with Power Chain Damage boost(let's abbreviate it PCDB - I am tired:)) and 4 bars does 34%+61%+33%=128% the same as mine single reset with the same meter and buffs:)
Don't worry if it is really escapable I think you can reset with Ji2 WCC. By the way can you check if 2 WC is escapable by jumping forward/backwards, and if it is check the Ji2 WC. I am at work:(
True, I didn't start mine off with a J2 which would have helped upped my damage. I will try and let you know, man!

Man, I think the 2 can definitely be jumped. I have not escaped from the Ji2 Walking Corpse though!
Ok, that is good never the less. I think you can still catch people with 2 WC as they won't necessarily jump. But I am glad about ji2 though. In that case the inescapable reset will work but do just a little less damage:)

Man, I think the 2 can definitely be jumped. I have not escaped from the Ji2 Walking Corpse though!
Man, try to do a double reset using Ji2 WC, without PCDB, but with maximum damage possible(using all the additional Ji2 and maximum damage strings etc.)I can't wait till I get home to find out how much it does!!!!!!!

Gruff757

The Gruff
oh damn, gotta try this out

alright so i tried the ji2wc, but i keep jumping out of it, but when I do it any faster, the grab completely whiffs

any idea why this is happening?

oh damn, gotta try this out
Yeah, man, I want everyone to play with it and see what we can do. Just remember that like 1man3letters said it can't be neutral jumped but can be jumped forward or backwards. Try to play with Ji2 directly into WC for reset,because it does about 5% less then when you do Ji2 2 WC but I believe cannot be escaped at all.

Gruff757

The Gruff
Yeah, man, I want everyone to play with it and see what we can do. Just remember that like 1man3letters said it can't be neutral jumped but can be jumped forward or backwards. Try to play with Ji2 directly into WC for reset,because it does about 5% less then when you do Ji2 2 WC but I believe cannot be escaped at all.
yeah i know it shouldnt be b/f jumpable but for some reason i am able to do it against Ji2 WC, and when i do it faster, the grab completely whiffs

help? D:

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
how r u guys only realising this now ?? also heres anoter little reset for u ji2 112 MB swamp hands , ji2 f22 walking corpse ,, in the corner this rapes

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
probably cause i never saw any reason to actually jump with grundy, i'unno
honestly tough this aint tat good for the same effect u could do ji2 b1 WCC and get advantage or close enough
i hate not bein able to record ive so many little tricks i wanna put up

Gruff757

The Gruff
honestly tough this aint tat good for the same effect u could do ji2 b1 WCC and get advantage or close enough
i hate not bein able to record ive so many little tricks i wanna put up
i can record but my shitty laptop shuts off while i try to most of the time :/