What's new

So When NetherRealm Says They Listen to Their Fans, They Meant They Actually Dont

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErmacMKX

Noob
This roster is shaping up to be one of the worst. I swear from MKX everyone has been asking for Rain, Fujin, Smoke and Noob yet we are getting Kano, The Cages and Devorah. Sure Baraka and Jade were some fan service those two were not nearly requested as much as those 4 were. I still have hope that one of those guys will make the base roster but man these reveals are so underwhelming.

Other than that the game looks good.

Hmm... I'd argue that when they say they "listen to fans", it's more a kind of "M.A.G.A" or "truthful hyperbole" (-Tony Schwatrz, co-author of the Trump: Art of the Deal, 1987) -- i.e., they perhaps tangentially more or less mean something remotely approaching what they claim... But, strictly within the framework of what THEY, themselves INTERPRET what "fans want".

This is not a dissimilar semantical technique to what is used to interpret religious scripture and precept ('eisegesis'): however one wants to interpret it, and usually in a manner that serves to reconcile one's pre-existing / inculcated world and existential view.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
They also promised us a VERY HUGE REVEAL tonight, well, no.

So don't listen to everything Ed Troll gives you on a golden plate! SPOILER, the plate is actually made from pyrite or fools gold and you (and me) are gonna be disappointed more than we would like.

I would be a very different person if I for once get Rain in a single FREAKING game.
Like really Ed Boon, if you hate the character so much, just give him the Drahmin/Hsu Hao treatment and TELL US he's never gonna appear in another game anymore,this would give me inner peace and I would go Master Yoda on this shit as my expectations aren't triggered any longer, don't tease him every freaking time and leave me/us with nothing but dust and Jax.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
If this is about Johnny, he is leagues more beloved than Noob, Smoke, Rain and especially Fujin. So, yeah, I'd say they're listening to fans.
Utterly pathetic response. People say I'm bad, but you are much worse, but probably in their gang, so you gonna get lots of likes for that pathetic response, also from that moderator Espio.

leoj89

Noob
I remember during the MKX reveal that one of the devs said on twitter that WB picks at least half the roster. So I just charge it to the game (aka blame the suits) and keep it moving.

Inb4 I get asked to find something from 6 years ago. No I'm not looking.

So Jade, Baraka, Kabal and Skarlet werent heavily requested characters? Did people not ask for more stages than MKX? Did people not want he amplify button changed? And did Netherealm not deliver all these and there is still more to come.

I'd like to see Fujin too, but this is a classic case of internet-forum-dweller-confuses-peers-with-the-audience-at-large. There is a silent majority of MK fandom out there who don't have the first idea what a Fujin is. And while Noob, Smoke and Rain are more recognizable, they're not as big as the original characters that became integrated into the grander pop culture (probably thanks to the 1995 movie). inb4 "they're not true fans"... that's not the point.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I got Jade, so I'm happy.
But I was lucky. There are people who won't get their faves in the game, and to some of those people, getting their faves in the game is all that matters. So not getting that makes them unhappy and angry, and that's when these threads are made. They don't care about the fan favourites who got into the game if they aren't their fan favourite characters. Because the others don't matter.

Espio

Kokomo
Utterly pathetic response. People say I'm bad, but you are much worse, but probably in their gang, so you gonna get lots of likes for that pathetic response, also from that moderator Espio.
Not sure why you are name dropping me, I haven't said anything but you should probably calm yourself. I didn't even like his post. Your desire to reach and be offended by nothing is impressive. Sorry people don't agree with you guys so there has to be some moderator lead conspiracy lol. Keep on topic with the thread and keep it moving, I heavily advise you to do just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.