What's new

General/Other So we hit the rock bottom

ryublaze

Noob
I'm pretty sure most if not all tech for Skarlet has been discovered by now. Everything else are just gimmicks.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I'm pretty sure most if not all tech for Skarlet has been discovered by now. Everything else are just gimmicks.
NW tech was figured out the first week. I was figuring out all gimmicks for the next year:

Arrow trap
Uppercut lightning setups
OTGs
Blah blah...

Gimmicks are sometimes as worth it as tech.

coolwhip

Noob
So, not knowing how to play the MU = tech undiscovered?
Uh, did I say there is some new tech to be found with Skarlet? (though I don't think that would be outrageous). I said she's not fully fleshed out, as I consider match-up knowledge part of "fleshing out" a character. Yes, considering how much uncertainty there still is about Skarlet in a lot of match-ups, then she's not fully fleshed out.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
"A character is fully fleshed out" is one of those things people keep repeating but is never true. I guess you say it long enough, it will come true one of these days, but I'm pretty sure there's still a lot to be discovered with Skarlet. How can you say she's fully fleshed out if just a couple of weeks ago the whole Skarlet community was still arguing as to how to play the Kung Lao match-up, and Lord of the Fly himself seemed unsure about some things after running it with Pig. Figuring out match-ups is part of a character's development and until you learn how to play every match-up perfectly (which will never happen since each character is always evolving), a character is never fully fleshed out.

Now there is only one thing left to any Skarlet player to work in order to develop themselves to the best.
Which is Playing different MUs at the highest possible level, and overcome all your weakness on each MU.

Good Games Everyone, i think Skarlet in terms of Technologies was fully explored, and i want to be proven wrong, for my own good sake.:p
Prove me wrong.

coolwhip

Noob
Prove me wrong.
I don't play the character. That's kind of up to Skarlet players, instead of claiming "we've reached rock bottom" (which I don't think means what you think it does).

To fully clarify, I don't KNOW whether there will be new Skarlet tech or not, but I feel it's always premature to claim such a thing, especially for a character that hasn't had a lot of tournament representation.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Stop overreacting dude you already said it:
I don't play the character.
But we do, we've been playing this character for over a year and i'm pretty sure we know how the character works.

To fully clarify, I don't KNOW whether there will be new Skarlet tech or not, but I feel it's always premature to claim such a thing, especially for a character that hasn't had a lot of tournament representation.
So you will consider a Explored Character when she start to be picked all the time, as Cyrax, Kitana, Cage, Kabal and etc are picked up?

coolwhip

Noob
Stop overreacting dude you already said it:

But we do, we've been playing this character for over a year and i'm pretty sure we know how the character works.

So you will consider a Explored Character when she start to be picked all the time, as Cyrax, Kitana, Cage, Kabal and etc are picked up?
How exactly am I overreacting? By disagreeing? I didn't swear, I didn't call anyone any names, I didn't express frustration. I merely disagreed.

As far as knowing how the character works, J360 was playing Cyrax for well over a year, and knows how the character works... that didn't stop him from coming up with new tech with him against Sektor a couple of weeks ago. I have no doubts that you know how the character works, but that alone doesn't mean there is no new tech to be discovered. And if you actually sit back and read carefully, my point isn't exclusive to Skarlet, but to all characters: Saying everything has been discovered with a character has been said for a long while now, and almost always ends up being wrong. This could be the exception, but I was just pointing out that I don't think it will be. If that means I'm overreacting then so be it.

As far as your final statement, that makes no sense, since what I'm saying actually implies that I don't think THOSE characters have been fully explored either. I didn't say Skarlet isn't fully explored BECAUSE she hasn't been represented in tourney often, I said she's not fully explored, ESPECIALLY when she hasn't been represented often (meaning that it adds up to the reason, but is not THE reason).

I don't get why people get so defensive and take any disagreement as if it's a knock on their understanding of their character or overall gameplay, but oh well...

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Dude chill wtf, now you're overreacting lol, save the meter for a breaker bro.:D ^^

anyway, you weren't being too clear here, but i finally got your point, which exactly doesn't runs away from what i've stated in the opening post which is:
"A Skarlet player will only develop themselves to the best, when they overcome their MU weakness" This implies:

Epicenter of how you will see Skarlet and decide how to use on each mu before adjusting
All Skarlet's techs works on the entire cast bro, but sometimes the gimmicks only work with a slight adjustment, or how the MU is being grinded, tactics and strategies will always be presented, but this will only depend "Again" on how the opponent is responding to Skarlet and how the Skarlet's Player is adjusting to it. Its not something to be written in stone like some other characters like Kabal can be at sometimes.

I hope i'm not being to complicated here, i'm saying that, while playing Skarlet, you can be as simply as the opponent allows it, or as Technical as the MU gets difficult, sometimes is so retarded that they block all the dificult stuff but falls down on the most basic thing, it all about adjusting to what he is seeing and what he is not.

ryublaze

Noob
I don't like to compare Skarlet to Cyrax cuz there are a lot of stuff you can do with Cyrax with his bomb projectile that stays on the screen. There might be more strats or gimmicks to be found for Skarlet but game changing stuff like EX daggers on stand block, back dash into f4 to punish whiffed pokes, deep jump kick option select, and invincibility glitch have all been found.

coolwhip

Noob
I don't like to compare Skarlet to Cyrax cuz there are a lot of stuff you can do with Cyrax with his bomb projectile that stays on the screen. There might be more strats or gimmicks to be found for Skarlet but game changing stuff like EX daggers on stand block, back dash into f4 to punish whiffed pokes, deep jump kick option select, and invincibility glitch have all been found.
Agreed. The Cyrax analogy may not have been the most accurate because he's probably the character with the most potential techs to be discovered due to his design. The bombs in particular give him practically endless possibilities.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Gimmicks are just ways to mix up your opponent, to get in their head. You can't play the same way every time or you become predictable. Gimmicks have just as much claim to fame as anything else.

And certainly Skarlet has much more than what's been found.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
How exactly am I overreacting? By disagreeing? I didn't swear, I didn't call anyone any names, I didn't express frustration. I merely disagreed.

As far as knowing how the character works, J360 was playing Cyrax for well over a year, and knows how the character works... that didn't stop him from coming up with new tech with him against Sektor a couple of weeks ago. I have no doubts that you know how the character works, but that alone doesn't mean there is no new tech to be discovered. And if you actually sit back and read carefully, my point isn't exclusive to Skarlet, but to all characters: Saying everything has been discovered with a character has been said for a long while now, and almost always ends up being wrong. This could be the exception, but I was just pointing out that I don't think it will be. If that means I'm overreacting then so be it.

As far as your final statement, that makes no sense, since what I'm saying actually implies that I don't think THOSE characters have been fully explored either. I didn't say Skarlet isn't fully explored BECAUSE she hasn't been represented in tourney often, I said she's not fully explored, ESPECIALLY when she hasn't been represented often (meaning that it adds up to the reason, but is not THE reason).

I don't get why people get so defensive and take any disagreement as if it's a knock on their understanding of their character or overall gameplay, but oh well...
For the record...I don't look at this as overreacting. Some valid points.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I'm sorry guys, but this thread title prompted me to say this:

Started from the bottom, now y'all...still there...

#Drake<3