What's new

General/Other So we hit the rock bottom

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I think there isn't much left to be shown with Skarlet besides someone make it top 8 with her consistently.
Now there is only one thing left to any Skarlet player to work in order to develop themselves to the best.

Which is Playing different MUs at the highest possible level, and overcome all your weakness on each MU.

And this is up to any Skarlet, and its up entirely to ourselves to work our asses up, if you want to win a Major, place top 8 and have better results take some time playing more and more the Hardest MU, specially if you can play it offline, where is lag free, and of course there is not a reacting barrier.

The only one thing that is keeping myself with a foot in the back, is Standing 3 that layers out Skarlet's hurtbox backwards to avoid air hitting, possibly good to use as Anti Crossup or AA ppl with it, which is also 13f as F4.

Only this, and if someone can prove this to be extremely viable, and overcome this weakness which i think to be the biggest she has IMO match your MU knowledge with your execution and you're gdlk.

Good Games Everyone, i think Skarlet in terms of Technologies was fully explored, and i want to be proven wrong, for my own good sake.:p

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
We'll help Johnny2D get there. ;D
I know, he recently started to play more and more offline, which definitely helps to work on his core.

L0rdoftheFLY also has been working more on MU lately, which definitely helps, one of the things i love in him a lot is that he shares his experiences and how he feels about the MUs, also helps to figure it out how ppl are playing against Skarlet.
I wish more Skarlet players could play more offline though, and share more their experiences in battle.

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
I've been workin on my offline Skarlet a lot against a friend who plays Rax and Lao, but admittedly I'm not as good as you guys. I'm in no way comitting to her as my main, but she's definitely in my top 3 now. I can offer matchup experiences for these matches, but we're not at the same level as people at the top of the community (with these characters - my reptile is pretty solid). Should I be looking for anything in particular in these matchups to improve MU knowledge?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I've been workin on my offline Skarlet a lot against a friend who plays Rax and Lao, but admittedly I'm not as good as you guys. I'm in no way comitting to her as my main, but she's definitely in my top 3 now. I can offer matchup experiences for these matches, but we're not at the same level as people at the top of the community (with these characters - my reptile is pretty solid). Should I be looking for anything in particular in these matchups to improve MU knowledge?
It doesn't matter if you play at high level or not, the idea is having a general feel of ppl who fights against Skarlet, what they expect and how they deal with her tools and playstyle.

All other player specific stuff can be layered away and then analyzed if something crazy can be pulled off or not.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I know, he recently started to play more and more offline, which definitely helps to work on his core.

L0rdoftheFLY also has been working more on MU lately, which definitely helps, one of the things i love in him a lot is that he shares his experiences and how he feels about the MUs, also helps to figure it out how ppl are playing against Skarlet.
I wish more Skarlet players could play more offline though, and share more their experiences in battle.
Thanks guys.

And yes I am grinding MU with her. She is by far my best character and I will use her at most tournaments. I play a totally different game online and offline. Those who play me online may classify me as "free". But I stand by the fact that I am a different player offline. And I'm coming hard to FR and EVO hopefully.

SKARLETs UNITE!

AssassiN

Noob
Thanks guys.

And yes I am grinding MU with her. She is by far my best character and I will use her at most tournaments. I play a totally different game online and offline. Those who play me online may classify me as "free". But I stand by the fact that I am a different player offline. And I'm coming hard to FR and EVO hopefully.

SKARLETs UNITE!
Got me all hype.
Looking forward to it man :).
And everyone is different when playing online, there are just people out there that can adjust better to online.

I think Skarlet has the potential to place top 8 consistently. Then again, I'm still a noob at this game. Still, I'm sure she can do it.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
epicenter of how you will see skarlet and decide how to use on each mu before adjusting
I believe Skar at MLG was the best so far getting 9th or 11th or something. Mosp and myself have done decent getting 17th and then CD. MLG Raleigh was me getting dropped by two kabals...Cat and Kevo. but other than that I got 17th with Skar, Kabal, and NW. CD placed 17th also I believe with Kit and Skarlet

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I believe Skar at MLG was the best so far getting 9th or 11th or something. Mosp and myself have done decent getting 17th and then CD. MLG Raleigh was me getting dropped by two kabals...Cat and Kevo. but other than that I got 17th with Skar, Kabal, and NW. CD placed 17th also I believe with Kit and Skarlet
I think Scar placed top 8 at MLG Dallas if i'm not mistaken. And yes you guys were on fire.

But now, i think your Skarlet has grown more and have a more wide open mind since MLG Raleigh and things may go very different in Final Round on your favor this time. ^^

My Only advice to you would be "See trough and beyond your opponents" ^^ and you shall place top 8

coolwhip

Noob
"A character is fully fleshed out" is one of those things people keep repeating but is never true. I guess you say it long enough, it will come true one of these days, but I'm pretty sure there's still a lot to be discovered with Skarlet. How can you say she's fully fleshed out if just a couple of weeks ago the whole Skarlet community was still arguing as to how to play the Kung Lao match-up, and Lord of the Fly himself seemed unsure about some things after running it with Pig. Figuring out match-ups is part of a character's development and until you learn how to play every match-up perfectly (which will never happen since each character is always evolving), a character is never fully fleshed out.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
It's always more about your opponent then the character they play. Kabal Shang is 6-4, or 7-3...but wound made it look even. It's just the way he played it.

Skarlet players(myself included) get caught up in what I call "kabal syndrome" they try to do too much with daggers, iAd, iadd and cancels and they become victims of their own execution. Kabal players have the same problem. And you can't even play skarlet the same way you play kabal hence the constant losses.

My skarlet has evolved beyond that now. But sometimes I'm not patient enough and I forget and call backwards. It's all mental.

AssassiN

Noob
"A character is fully fleshed out" is one of those things people keep repeating but is never true. I guess you say it long enough, it will come true one of these days, but I'm pretty sure there's still a lot to be discovered with Skarlet. How can you say she's fully fleshed out if just a couple of weeks ago the whole Skarlet community was still arguing as to how to play the Kung Lao match-up, and Lord of the Fly himself seemed unsure about some things after running it with Pig. Figuring out match-ups is part of a character's development and until you learn how to play every match-up perfectly (which will never happen since each character is always evolving), a character is never fully fleshed out.
So, not knowing how to play the MU = tech undiscovered?