What's new

So rage quitters can pull the jack to their delight?

I have been noticing a lot more rage quitting as I have gotten better at the game. I kept wondering what is motivating the rage quitters to pull the network jack from their consoles as soon as they sense they are about to lose.

I finally looked at my online stats and realized not only are the ragers avoiding a loss and denying me a win but they are causing me to have a lot of disconnect listed.

NRS devs there has to be a solution to this. I have a 300mbit/10mbit connection with an avg ping of 20ms so I know it's not my connection causing these disconnects. These disconnects only happen when I am about to win or easily winning never when I am losing .

Come on devs it's 2017, surely there is a way to detect who's connection is disconnecting manually.
Capcom figured it out from what I can tell for SF5 and they even have rage quitter icons to boot I think.
I like the idea of matchmaking pairing up rage quitters so they can pummel each other into rage oblivion.

The sad part is there is no way to figure out who are the culprits via disconnect only numbers since both parties get the stat.

The really really sad part is this is happening in unranked matches for me. I haven't played a lot of ranked to notice the trend there. It's amazing how far people will go for their shallow egos. I never have a problem losing and even rematch many times on a losing streak to get better. I barely have a 50% win rate right now. Yet I have these pathetic types trying to preserve a high win rate with only a handful of games by disconnecting. Seriously?

I just came back from a session. 5 games played 2 won and 2 loss. Obviously those that loss to me played through to the end. My fifth game, the loser decided to pull the jack right around 50% of his last bar. Needless to say I was winning easily so he fully disconnected with 100 health remaining. The game logic should easily give me a win.

So I check my stats and lo and behold not only did it not show a record for the match I just played it added another disconnect to my tally.

Why isn't there more people talking about this?

I have no issues with rage quitters leaving the match midway using the menu, I take it as a compliment when ppl quit on me but the fact that they can protect their shallow record from a loss and add a disconnect to an innocent party by pulling the net jack is absurd and quite frankly is embarrassing for the net coders of this game.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
To all of the NRS folks,

I concur to the idea of grouping them outside of the actual players that are NOT quitting the game via manual disconnection. Take BBC as example of the infamous ragequitter.

I consider the manual disconnection as a hack and must be banned from the FGW (Fighting Game World). We need to prevent this disastrous disease from occuring here. Any ragequitter that uses this hack must be banned from the online element of any game you NRS folks create. This way we'll be finally at ease.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Well if the game can't tell who disconnected, wouldn't you, the victim, also be grouped in with the actual disconnectors? In other games I believe it can only tell who rage quit, not one who purposely disconnects.

Definitely an issue though.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
The higher I progress online the more I notice rage quitters. And I'm unsure if it's giving me the win. I've noticed guys who only lag when I'm fucking them up too....

Tanno

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
It should be so simple to fix this in all games...

Just make ANYONE that quits the game early.. for ANY reason.. be registered as a loss. Yes there will be a few legitimate DC's that will get caught.. but in the long run it is all you need to do.

If EVERY disconnect registered as a loss, and added to the rank of the guy that stayed and as a loss to the guy that disconnected.. then this behaviour would stop on a dime and no longer be of any issue.,. instead of plaguing EVERY GAME that ever comes out..

I just do not understand why this basic fix is not ever implemented?

SunsetBlvd

Proven Nappa GOD, 100% VERIFIED Best Nappa NA
Just make ANYONE that quits the game early.. for ANY reason.. be registered as a loss. Yes there will be a few legitimate DC's that will get caught.. but in the long run it is all you need to do.
this. it's very simple. i'm not sure why this is even still an issue ever in any game that is ever made. and even for the legit dc's, the horrible penalty that they have to deal with is.. a single loss. not a big deal. and if someone is having a real problem the consistent dc's, they need to get their connection sorted in general.

Tanno

I just do not understand why this basic fix is not ever implemented?
I'm gonna tell this hypothesis on that. I didn't do that at my latest post here, so I'll tell this.

The problem is that this fix would force the ball to catch all of us. The problem is that those with real and legit poor connection issues that keep them DCed will get this fix, as well. In the past, this happened a lot.

I remember that Microsoft could auto-detect those hacked X360 and brick them, so why don't they do a similar fix for those, who intentionally do manual disconnection?

For those with poor connections, the fix would be to matchmake them with closer distances.

SunsetBlvd

Proven Nappa GOD, 100% VERIFIED Best Nappa NA
The problem is that those with real and legit poor connection issues that keep them DCed will get this fix, as well. In the past, this happened a lot.
if someone has a consistent problem with dc's, they shouldn't be playing online. if a guy is constantly dropping connection, everyone he plays against is getting screwed over when he dc's. it doesn't matter if it's "rage quitting" or an honest connection problem. to the person with the good connection, it's all the same- i accepted a game vs. this guy, and then he left mid-game. that guy should get penalized, period. the penalty is just a loss, not his first born child. it's not that big of a deal, but something should be in place to deal with it.

Tanno

if someone has a consistent problem with dc's, they shouldn't be playing online. if a guy is constantly dropping connection, everyone he plays against is getting screwed over when he dc's. it doesn't matter if it's "rage quitting" or an honest connection problem. to the person with the good connection, it's all the same- i accepted a game vs. this guy, and then he left mid-game. that guy should get penalized, period. the penalty is just a loss, not his first born child. it's not that big of a deal, but something should be in place to deal with it.
My thoughts exactly. I have thought of those consequences as well. :/

All the companies that have the FGs need to consider to differentiate those problems between the poor connection and the rage quitters.

The ragequitters take a short time to respond, just after the game (BBC as example), and the disconnection takes longer to get fixed.

Because of this, I'm at a loss of words of which would be the perfect fix for this problem. :(

Well if the game can't tell who disconnected, wouldn't you, the victim, also be grouped in with the actual disconnectors? In other games I believe it can only tell who rage quit, not one who purposely disconnects.

Definitely an issue though.
That's why I keep bringing up the disconnect stat. Right now it is utterly useless because both players get the disconnect credit. I assume NRS had planned to use the disconnect stat as an indicator for rage quitters but right now it's useless.

After playing a few ranked games I notice no such bad behavior. Maybe NRS has a penalty in place for ranked games I don't know but sure would be nice if they get some kind of penalty for unranked games in place.

I still can't believe how many losers out there can't take a loss. Simply pathetic.

I think whoever was winning the match before the disconnect should be the score, so even if lightning hits your home or your cat shuts the game off- the person winning at that moment gets a win

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
I think whoever was winning the match before the disconnect should be the score, so even if lightning hits your home or your cat shuts the game off- the person winning at that moment gets a win
With that process in place we would see much more disconnects. Once they take the lead they would disconnect lol.

I have someone I played MKX with that was a top player in the leader boards. He was actually really good, but whenever I beat him he quit right before. I assume he did it to preserve his record. At first I thought this was kind of a scumbag move, but then I thought to myself, "who gives a shit?"

Last edited:

PharaohLite

Run Cancels Breh
Im at like number 50 on the ranked leaderboard, not that it means anything besides the fact that im matched with other people high on the leaderboard, and I notice alot more ragequitters in this game than in mkx. Too many times does the game session conveniently become no longer availible as im punching in the game winning combo.

Can we just make a thread with the names of these known rage quitters and put them on blast? I'm not usually one for people going on these kind of witch hunts, but I'll admit that rage quitters do annoy me to no end lol.

Tweedy

Noob
Online stats don't mean anything on this game. NRS games are 100% about tournaments. You could be #1 on ranked omgeezles elite monsta cinnamon toast crunch ceo lookin ass boi and no one would care.

It sucks but it is what it is. If someone quits just take it as a win and move on.

PharaohLite

Run Cancels Breh
Online stats don't mean anything on this game. NRS games are 100% about tournaments. You could be #1 on ranked omgeezles elite monsta cinnamon toast crunch ceo lookin ass boi and no one would care.

It sucks but it is what it is. If someone quits just take it as a win and move on.
well, to people that have no interest of going to tournaments, its a form of competition I guess.