What's new

So... let's talk about dat Metropolis Rooftop

Ok, first I used to think players just didn't know how to get around those interactables yet. But after some testing in practice mode I have come to the conclusion that the stage is in fact total BS and straight up scrubby.

1. The robots seem impossible to jump for 80% of the cast. It doesn't matter if you jump late, the interactable hitbox is too big. So you absolutely need either a double jump or an air dash to avoid the robots via the air. Otherwise you have to be fullscreen to not be hit.

2. Unlike other stage interactables, the robots seem impossible to avoid using the invincible frames of a well timed backdash.

3. Most characters cannot dash in and punish with a MB b3/f3.

4. I tried meter burn dash canceling into a combo punish. But this is only possible if you're around jump range or closer and only if you have a decent dash + fast combo starters (between 6f and 9f startup) with good enough range. Batman can MBDC from jump range into 11 or b1 but his 2 is too slow @10f startup.

Possible Solutions:

-Shorten the vertical hitbox of the robots so that most characters are able to avoid it with a late jump.

-Make it so the player using the interactable has more recovery and is more easily punishable with meter burn dash cancel.

-Make the player using the interactable lose the same amount of health if he is hit during the interactable animation. (this was Pig's idea I think)

-Make the robots track a little less. (Konqrr/Circus)

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I'd like it if every type of character can throw them like on Watchtower, not just power characters (I play power btw).

I think it would even it out somewhat and I agree on your (and Pigs) damage regarding getting hit.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
For the record, everyone could do what Chris G did in top 16 UFGT on Metropolis Rooftops.

When you feel like they are going to go for it, instead of jumping you could dash forward until you dash behind the person throwing the intractable.

If you are far away though, yea... odds are it'll hit you. If they DID fix it I'd want it so at least the arc will always be the same on every throw. At the moment the arc changes depending on when you throw it in your jump.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
For the record, everyone could do what Chris G did in top 16 UFGT on Metropolis Rooftops.

When you feel like they are going to go for it, instead of jumping you could dash forward until you dash behind the person throwing the intractable.

I you are far away though, yea... odds are it'll hit you. If they DID fix it I'd want it so at least the arc will always be the same on every throw. At the moment the arc changes depending on when you throw it in your jump.
That doesn't always work. I've done just that and the interactable gets thrown straight down but the hitbox is so huge I still get hit.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
This map is the shit because it keeps the match fast paced and discourages zoning or you'll eat a robot all day.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator

Chris G got hit a bunch trying to do this.

When you feel like they are going to go for it, instead of jumping you could dash forward until you dash behind the person throwing the intractable..
I just tried this with Black Adam and I have to dash twice on reaction to the jump (not the interactable). And even then I get hit unless I MBDC/MB b3 or quickly jump away. And that's with one of the best dashes in the game.

Plus if you dash on reaction to neutral jump (anticipating the interactable) chances are you are going to eat some NJ2s into full combo.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I'd like it if every type of character can throw them like on Watchtower, not just power characters (I play power btw).

I think it would even it out somewhat and I agree on your (and Pigs) damage regarding getting hit.
I vote for the opposite, make it so everyone shoots its payload. Maybe make it so you can combo after the crumple from the machine guns, though heavily scaled .

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Anything with rooftop in it's name deserves to be the best stage.

I fucking knew you were going to say that.

I agree. It amplifies Stage Interactivity like no other arena, save maybe Atlantis.
It personifies one of the most important parts of the entire game.

If Kabal could have Rooftop Day, and Sub-Zero could have the Pit at Night, I say let Metropolis stand.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

(But at least go with the Watchtower suggestion so the smaller suited get a fair shake.)

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Yea... then seriously things seem lopsided for power characters when it comes to stages because of the rooftops.

Someone might argue that the dumpster in the Alley is really OP too, but at least the dumpster could be jumped at neutral position consistently. And it's not like the dumpster is floating around and respawns every couple of seconds. Even in Atlantis the water pump could be ducked when used by the gadget/acrobatic characters.

Does seem a little questionable. Either way I think before we talk about Metropolis Rooftops we have to talk about the ridiculous 50/50 stage selection after a loss everytime in majors at the moment.

It's ridiculous that even if you lose your opponent still has a chance to one up you on the stage. In my opinion it should be like Tekken where if you want another stage you have to deal with another random select. It's literally the only 100% fair way because in this game, just like Tekken stages mean ALOT. Even more so than MK9.

I'be always been irritated that gadget characters can only shoot at a very low trajectory that only hits from about a dash away whereas the bigger characters can throw it at anytime and almost be guaranteed to hit you. At least on watchtower the interactables don't seem to go full screen and can be jumped

Obanye

Obanye - Bay Area - PSN
Learn to use dashes and armor or win your 50/50. It's fair , the game is incredibly interesting and fun with stage interactions making positioning relevant everywhere instead of just the corner like every other 2D game ever made. This game is the best, don't put your dirty fingers in it.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
yeah we need fixes for some of these interactables. The tracking HAS to go. Give them a dedicated angle, doesn't have to be the same for every interactable. And make their vertical hitboxes much smaller so they can be jumped over. In this game, even if you make the read, you still get hit.