What's new

So Captain cold's Ice wall got the nerf bat

thlityoursloat

kick kick
This is NRS' way of literally saying, no, we don't want you using d1~wall in neutral, and if they block your wall on wakeup, they should be allowed to stay in your face for their already free punish.

It seriously wasn't even necessary, but it is what it is. Just amazing he received a nerf at all.
They could do this with just about any move that's -7 though..

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
The problem is i'm not having fun losing as CC. I picked up most characters and all bar cold and swamp thing have been viable, cold needs help but people like you saying a nerf like this is a good idea or nothing to complain about is plain ignorance, pick him up before you be condescending. Otherwise you're just stifling a character that needs his problems voiced.
And out of ALL the problems this character has you decide to cling onto "Boo hoo my punishable move is being punished" seriously? That's what you're deciding to make a fuss about? Not the fact that he has a string that is 3 fucking highs in a row? Not the fact that he's filled with gaps or that his trait can be unreliable? Of all the legit problems you picked the one that honestly just makes you look bad. And this isn't targeted at you, this targeted at EVERYONE that is deciding this is more relevant than his other problems. What a joke.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
And out of ALL the problems this character has you decide to cling onto "Boo hoo my punishable move is being punished" seriously? That's what you're deciding to make a fuss about? Not the fact that he has a string that is 3 fucking highs in a row? Not the fact that he's filled with gaps or that his trait can be unreliable? Of all the legit problems you picked the one that honestly just makes you look bad. And this isn't targeted at you, this targeted at EVERYONE that is deciding this is more relevant than his other problems. What a joke.
are you really this stupid? The whole point of this thread is that with all those other problems, this is what NRS decides to do for the character - make him slightly more punishable on an already punishable move

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
This is like in MKX when they made Tempest Lao's ex Spin suck you in on block. People couldn't punish a -27 move so they had to make it even easier to punish. It's like if they made Supergirl's MB teleport a mid like that one guy was asking purely to appease him and not because it's OP.

Difference between Kung Lao and Supergirl is that Captain Cold fucking sucks and shouldn't receive any negative changes, but nah good thing they sorted out really shitty characters like Black Canary, she was having a real tough time. Captain Cold's only reason for existing being a Flash counter pick is great.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I like u a lot CrazyFingers, but that's not what this is. Everything that can be said about Captain Cold's issues has already been said numerous times. This thread is highlighting the fact that they thought it was better to make a bizarre change that doesn't affect good players instead of the issues people have with Cold.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
You guys insulting Cold don't ever talk, unless you try him against any character.

His gameplay is mostly of the defense. He has great tools to protect himself from almost all the opponents. Post-patch, he will now struggle even more, so I'm not going to use him anymore.

Read the full patch notes regarding him and you will know.

I only dare to provoke you to play him even once against any character. Even Sonicfox doesn't play him, even though he loves him.

Just yesterday, I managed to play him against a high level Green Arrow, and I won. And I won without even using the trait, and I had a very hard time.

Have a nice day.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Captain Cold was doomed the moment they made him sound like a shitty Handsome Jack.

"Someone call the ice cream man?"
Are you kidding me, John House?

Should've made him Mr. Freeze with a Captain Cold skin.

#SorryNotSorry

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
The unfortunate truth is that they want him to be a counter/counter-pick character. Which is why I dropped him.

Listen from 25:30. They even describe him as a utility character throughtout that segment.

There is another unfortunate truth in that he WILL be a great pocket/counter character now that some top tiers have been nerfed. Catwoman cannot MB Cat Dash through the puddle. Scarecrow wil still struggle. Etc.

He's not a good character and I would have hope they would have made him a better solo character. At least make B323 High, High, Mid and give him something meaningful off a D1 but whatever.

He is probably a good secondary to Firestorm now.

Thank you so much. I was beginning to think i was crazy!

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
Doing unsafe stuff all time as a key part of your game play.
I assume the unsafe stuff is not ice wall cause you just said it wasn't meant to be safe. which unsafe pre patch cold move can make cold play like a scrub and get rewards?

interested to know as to maybe this is what online people were playing against that caused this ice wall nerf.

edit: this thread is trying to find reasoning on the adjustment.

I assume the unsafe stuff is not ice wall cause you just said it wasn't meant to be safe. which unsafe pre patch cold move can make cold play like a scrub and get rewards?

interested to know as to maybe this is what online people were playing against that caused this ice wall nerf.

edit: this thread is trying to find reasoning on the adjustment.
I'm talking about the wall. It wasn't meant to be safe.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
that was relatively safe off a D1 block push back. throwing d1 wall/ just wall isn't being a scrub. it's creating some space and then giving the turn to your opponent.

his "zoning" can be more scrubby than the wall. both are easy to deal with.
Correct, d1~Wall wasn't 'scrubby'. It was basically your way of saying,

"Look. Here's all I can really do at the moment since in this situation, it's my turn and all I can quickly do is throw out my 6 frame d1 low poke, and create a little bit of space, do a little bit of chip and gain a tiny bit of meter with Wall."

This is coming from the same game that thought it was acceptable to give Aquaman what he STILL has (Admittedly toned down, but still really good).

We don't even have that anymore. We get d1, and nothing off of d1 whether it hits or not. If we try anything beyond just simply doing a d1, we get punished. If we HIT with a d1, we get nothing. It's their turn.

@colt PLEASE look into Captain Cold further and make him something more than just a 'utility secondary counter pick' type character. We actually do want to main him.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
An atrocitous main coming in here to tell captain cold players to stop whining about their unsafe special is comical

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
An atrocitous main coming in here to tell captain cold players to stop whining about their unsafe special is comical
Says the player who has a main that has a useful trait specific to that purpose. Gee, I wish Captain Cold had something that actually made his shit safe.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
instead of puting Heat Wave as a Premier Skin NRS starst to Bully cc fans

#StopNerffccNRS

#some1callwentworthmillernow